7th International Summer School on Information Security and Protection
The growing ubiquity of software systems as a means of providing critical services make protecting software contents, data, and intellectual property an important aspect of software development and a necessity for successful industrial applications. Without strong software security and protection techniques, software-‐based systems at the heart of medical informatics, digital rights management, voting systems, power distribution systems, transportation systems, and financial systems, to name a few, will be vulnerable to devastating attacks.
Software Security and Protection is a discipline that lies at the crossroads of security, cryptography, networks, software engineering, computer architecture, operating systems, and compiler design. The summer school will bring together internationally-‐recognized experts to describe the advanced techniques that are used for protecting software from tampering, reverse engineering, and piracy. The courses will cover methods of software security and protection including code obfuscation to protect against reverse engineering, software watermarking to protect against software piracy, tamper-‐proofing to protect against integrity-‐violations of software, obfuscation anti similarity analysis for protecting code by its diversification, virtualization, models of security for specifying attack strategies, metrics, and principles.
LocationAmrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham University Campus, Kasavanahalli, Carmelaram, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560035
|Dr. Christian Collberg||University of Arizona, United States||Software Protection|
|Dr. Jack Davidson||University of Virginia, United States||Code protection by dynamic translation|
|Software security of embedded applications|
|Dr. Yuan Gu||IRDETO, Canada||The industrial challenge in Software and information protection|
|Dr. Arun Lakhotia||University of Louisiana, United States||Binary analysis in Polymorphic Malware Detection|
|Dr. Roberto Giacobazzi||University of Verona, Italia and IMDEA Software Institute, Spain||Theory and practice of code attack: Semantics, analysis and code transformation|
Who Should Attend
The summer school is targeted for:
- Information Security scientists in the Government
- Researchers in Academia
- Security Engineers from the Industry
What to Expect
- Graduate Level completion certificate from ACM
- Advanced lectures for an in-depth comprehension of code protection technologies.
- Hands-on sessions for practical experiments. The practical experiments will be conducted on pre-configured virtual machines in the scheme of BYOL (Bring Your Own Laptop).
- Panel Session on addressing industrial and scientific challenges in Code and Information Protection.
- Poster and Research Discussions. Students and participants may also present their ideas in a poster session.
- Early Bird (Register by May 25, 2016): Rs. 15000
- May 25, 2016 - June 25, 2016: Rs. 18000
- June 25 - July 10, 2016: Rs. 21000
Registration and Payment
A Demand Draft to Amrita Consultancy can be sent to:
Ms. Indira Menon,
Amrita Center for Cybersecurity Systems & Networks
Amrita School of Engineering,
Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Amritapuri,
Kollam, Kerala - 690525