To provide superior quality undergraduate programmes and in the future, postgraduate programmes in Ayurveda, with state of art facilities, to enhance the research and learning experience, and facilitate the training of a skilled work force to meet the current and future needs of Ayurvedic fields of medical science. Other goals of the institution are:
- To make the institution unique in the field of Ayurveda.
- To prepare students with excellent humanitarian values.
- To prepare the most competent, high quality doctors.
The B.A.M.S. course provides a vibrant environment where science, education and technology go hand in hand. It catalyzes an environment for innovative teachings and research in the field of Ayurvedic management of different types of diseases. Ayurveda takes care of the disabled and diseased – those who need to be protected , recovered and saved from their disabilities and ailments. These goals are achieved by providing excellent training in the field of preparation of medicine and clinical training of students in disease management, so that they become competent and can satisfy the needs of society in traditional health care. Extension activities include conducting frequent medical camps, awareness classes conducted by students and providing research projects within the curriculum and professional course. These are carried out through:
- Fostering high quality research work.
- Selecting efficient teaching faculty and students of merit.
- Extensive training for faculty in teaching and hospital management.
- Adoption of innovations in clinical training and teaching.