Facilities at Amrita Center for Wireless Networks and Applications (AmritaWNA)
- SigmaPlot 13: Sigma Plot is a scientific data analysis and graphing software package with advanced curve fitting, a vector-based programming language, macro capability and over 50 frequently used statistical tests. It has the analytical features necessary to extract the important information from your research data. With over 100 graph types and a user interface which allows detailed manipulation of every graph object, you can create the exact graph to present your results.
- Intellisuite: Used by MEMS professionals worldwide for design, development and manufacturing of MEMS, IntelliSuite has firmly established itself as industry’s standard tool. As such, IntelliSense provides MEMS companies and individual users with a complete living design environment to manage their MEMS product through its life cycle. IntelliSuite is a tightly integrated design environment that will link your entire MEMS organization together. Built to scale from a point tool to an organization-wide tool, IntelliSuite unifies various engineering and manufacturing tasks into a single living design environment.
- System vue: SystemVue is a focused electronic design automation (EDA) environment for electronic system-level (ESL) design. It enables system architects and algorithm developers to innovate the physical layer (PHY) of wireless and aerospace/defense communications systems and provides unique value to RF, DSP, and FPGA/ASIC implementers. As a dedicated platform for ESL design and signal processing realization, SystemVue replaces general-purpose digital, analog, and math environments. SystemVue "speaks RF", cuts PHY development and verification time in half, and connects to your mainstream EDA flow.
- QualNet: The QualNet communications simulation platform (QualNet) is a planning, testing and training tool that "mimics" the behavior of a real communications network. Simulation is a cost-effective method for developing, deploying and managing network-centric systems throughout their entire lifecycle. Users can evaluate the basic behavior of a network, and test combinations of network features that are likely to work. QualNet provides a comprehensive environment for designing protocols, creating and animating network scenarios, and analyzing their performance.
- NI LabVIEW 2011: LabVIEW (short for Laboratory Virtual Instrument Engineering Workbench) is a system-design platform and development environment for a visual programming language from National Instruments. The graphical language is named "G" (not to be confused with G-code). Originally released for the Apple Macintosh in 1986, LabVIEW is commonly used for data acquisition, instrument control, and industrial automationon a variety of platforms including Microsoft Windows, various versions of UNIX, Linux, and OS X. The latest version of LabVIEW is LabVIEW 2015, released in August 2015.
- ANSYS Electromagnetics Suite 15.0: The ANSYS electromagnetic product suite contains both general purpose and application specific products to address a broad array of industry applications. These solutions allow to accurately simulate electromagnetic fields when predicting the behaviour of electrical and electromechanical devices.
- KEYSIGHT EXG VECTOR SIGNAL GENERATOR 6GHz: KEYSIGHT EXG vector signal generator achieve faster throughput and greater uptime with cost effective performance optimized for manufacturing test. It Perform basic parametric testing of components and functional verification of receivers with industry-leading ACPR, EVM, and output power . It reduce the time you spend on signal creation with Signal Studio software; purchase only the waveforms you need with 5- and 50-pack licensing. It helps to minimize downtime and expenses with self-maintenance solutions and low-cost repairs.
- KEYSIGHT SOURCE MEASURE UNIT: A Source/Measure Unit, or SMU, is a source and measurement resource for test applications requiring high accuracy, high resolution and measurement flexibility. SMUs are sometimes also referred to as source monitor units. An SMU can precisely force voltage or current and simultaneously measure voltage and/or current. Keysight Technologies is the leader in the Source/Measure and Source/Monitor Unit (SMU) market. Keysight provides a wide range of SMU products, which are categorized into four areas: Precision, Application Specific, General-Purpose, and Basic.
- KEYSIGHT EXA SPECTRUM ANALYSER FREQ 26.5GHz ,40 MHz BW: EXA spectrum analyzer address diverse needs with a single tool -the fast, flexible EXA and get the most cost-effective analysis for millimeter-wave measurements. It can measure the smallest signals in the presence of large ones with best-in- class level accuracy, DANL & TOI and perform power measurements quickly at discrete frequency points with list-sweep mode. It Simplifiesthe testing with X-Series measurement apps: phase noise, noise figure, analog demodulation, wireless communications & more.
- KEYSIGHT DAQ: Keysight Technologies has provided data acquisition (DAQ) and switching solutions for more than twenty-five years. We provide data acquisition solutions for electrical, physical, mechanical, acoustic and signal routing applications up to 50GHz. It defines a switching solution with switches, controllers and accessories.
- ANTENNA MEASUREMENT SYSTEM : Maintain a competitive edge with Keysight antenna and radar cross-section (RCS) measurement products. Keysight instruments provide the greatest accuracy, reliability, and productivity available and it is possible to integrate instruments into your antenna test systems to measure a wide range of data acquisition speeds and measurement sensitivities. Applications include: Near Field, Far Field, and Radar Cross Section measurements. Keysight works with channel partners who develop complete antenna test and range solutions. Keysight instruments, such as PNA's, ENA's, PSG's and accessories, are sold either directly to the end user or through the channel partners.
- KEYSIGHT E5080A VECTOR NETWORK ANALYZER ,9 Ghz : Main features are
- 9 kHz to 4.5/6.5/9 GHz, 2- or 4- port, 50 ohm
- Wide dynamic range 152 dB (typical)
- Fast measurement speed 3 ms (401 points)
- Low trace noise 0.0005 dBrms (typical)
- High temperature stability 0.005 dB/°C
- Wide source power range –90 to +15 dBm (spec)
- Intuitive touch-based GUI on large, high-resolution 12.1" screen
- E5071C/8753 code compatibility
- NI ELVIS Kit: The NI Educational Laboratory Virtual Instrumentation Suite (NI ELVIS) gives a modular teaching platform to build the right lab experience. It helps to build technical expertise with the oscilloscope, digital multimeter, function generator, dynamic signal analyzer, and more.
- NI PXIe: PXI is a rugged PC-based platform for measurement and automation systems. PXI combines PCI electrical-bus features with the modular, Eurocard packaging of CompactPCI and then adds specialized synchronization buses and key software features. PXI is both a high-performance and low-cost deployment platform for applications such as manufacturing test, military and aerospace, machine monitoring, automotive, and industrial test. Developed in 1997 and launched in 1998, PXI is an open industry standard governed by the PXI Systems Alliance (PXISA), a group of more than 70 companies chartered to promote the PXI standard, ensure interoperability, and maintain the PXI specification.
- EMONA Telecom: The Emona Telecoms-Trainer 101 (ETT101) is a single board trainer that makes teaching telecommunications much easier for professors in introductory university and technical college courses. The ETT101 is unrivalled in offering a wide range of over 42 modern communications topics that can be studied with one compact trainer. The key to the ETT101's versatility is it's unique block diagram approach for building experiments. By working at the block diagram level, we are able to achievemany experiments in one system.
- NI FLEX RIO: The FlexRIO product family provides flexible, customizable I/O to form a high-performance, reconfigurable instrument for prototyping and deployment within an integrated hardware/software platform.
Main features are
- Analog I/O up to 3 GS/s and up to 32 channels
- Digital I/O covering single-ended and differential up to 1 Gb/s
- RF adapter modules up to 4.4 GHz with up to 200 MHz bandwidth
Lab serves as a testbed for development and variation of the systems deployed in the landslide prone areas, such as the wireless sensor nodes, signal conditioning circuits, power circuits and sensors.
- To create small scale landslides under controlled conditions.
- Allows Amrita to determine geographical thresholds for implementation in the landslide early warning system.
- Employs modern, multichannel, high-speed data acquisition and control (DAQ), labview based GUI controls and graphical data display and visualization.
Wireless Communications Lab
To develop & enhance knowledge on Wireless Communication Fundamentals
Metageek Spectrum Analyzer
- Designed for troubleshooting Wi-Fi issues
NI PXIe-1075 Express Chassis
- Includes 5663E - Vector Signal Analyzer & 5673E - Vector Signal Generator
- Total Cost Around Rs. 1 Crore
NI Educational Laboratory Virtual Instrumentation Suite
- Modular platform with an integrated suite of 12 commonly used measurement instruments
Wireless Network Lab
Facilitates research on heterogeneous wireless networks & technologies such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Zigbee etc.
Major Hardware & Software:
Metageek EYE P. A Network Analyzer
- Wireless troubleshooting tool that allows to capture all of the conversations on a Wi-Fi channel
QualNet Network Simulator
- Planning, testing and training tool that "mimics" the behavior of a real communications network
Memsic Wireless Sensor Nodes
- Performs processing, gathering sensory information & communication in the network
Remote Triggered Lab
- India's first remote triggered lab in Computer Science
- Provides practical experience of designing & implementing wireless sensor networks algorithms in both indoor and outdoor conditions.
- Provides web-based interface to allow remote experiments to program the sensor nodes.
Smart Grid Laboratory
- Focused on developing & optimizing Smart Grid system specifically designed for the Indian power grid.
- Includes application of wireless technologies towards electrical system optimization & congestion control
Wireless Multimedia Lab
- State-of-the-art lab for testing and deploying seamless remote teaching technologies
- Lab is divided into one local & two remote classrooms with Multimedia Equipments like Smart Board, Kinect & cameras