M. Ch. in Gastro Intestinal Surgery which is a 3 year long master degree course. Master of Chirurgiae in Gastro Intestinal Surgery is Post Graduate Academic Degree awarded for a program in the field of surgery. It is a branch of medicine that covers all surgeries pertaining to hepatobiliary and gastrointestinal parts of human body inclusive of surgical oncology and pancreatic surgery for cancers on liver, colon, stomach, etc. During the course, candidates are provided with sound knowledge of surgical, investigative, diagnostic and clinical aspect. Candidates will be responsible for taking care of the patients in the specific department under the supervision of faculty members and they are also made to participate in research activities as a part of course structure.
The Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery offers this course .The AIMS Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery has a comprehensive surgical programme focusing on:
- Oncological Surgery of the GI Tract
- Pancreatico-Biliary Surgery
- Gastric and Oesophageal Surgery
- Liver Transplant
- Advanced Laparoscopic Surgical Procedures
- Specialised Colorectal Surgery Including Sphincter Saving,
- Stapled And Pouch Procedures
- Intra-Abdominal Vascular Reconstructions
- Retroperitoneal Tumour Excisions
- Intra-Abdominal Trauma
The AIMS Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery features a highly experienced team of gastrointestinal, hepatobiliary, and pancreatic surgeons.