Activities at Department of Physics, Bengaluru Campus
WORKSHOPS / SEMINARS / CONFERENCES ORGANIZED AND ATTENDED
- An FDP on Introduction to Virtual Labs for faculty members was organized through A View in Bangalore Campus on 7th January 2013.
- Workshop on Virtual labs in Physical sciences/Chemical Sciences was conducted on February 18, 2011 under the funding of The Ministry of human Resource Development
FACULTY ACHIEVEMENTS / PARTICIPATION / RECOGNITION
- Inter University Accelerator Center, New Delhi has granted beam time for irradiation effect on dye sensitized solar cell to Dr. Praveen D.
- Dr. Praveen D., Assistant Professor, Department of Physics,received a project funding of about 5.45 lakhs by Vision Group of Science and Technology, Karnataka Government. The title of the proposal is "Studies on cathode materials for all solid state batteries". The project is sanctioned under Seed Money for Young Scientist Research Scheme.
- Dr. Praveen D., Assistant Professor, Department of Physics,defended his project proposal for Beam time and student funding in Inter University Accelerator Center, New Delhi in December 2013. The proposal is under review and the result of the proposal is expected in the end of January.
- G. N. Kumaraswamy, H. Manjunatha, R. Damle, poster presentation, “Effect Of Low Energy Oxygen Ion Beam Irradiation On Ionic Conductivity Of Solid Polymer Electrolyte” DAE solid state Symposium ,Thapar University, Patiala,Punjab, 17 - 21 December 2013.
- Dr. Praveen D. awarded Ph D Degree from Bangalore University, Dept of Physics on 22nd August 2013. The title of his thesis is “Investigations of nano-composite Solid Polymer Electrolytes". His thesis Supervisor is Prof. Ramakrishna Damle, Professor, Dept of Physics ,Bangalore University.
- Venkatachaliah K. N. and Manjunatha H. attended One day National workshop on ‘’ Advanced Materials Characterization Techniques” on 23rd March 2013 at Department of Physics, Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupathi, Andhra Pradesh.
- Venkatachaliah K. N. and Manjunatha H. attended one day workshop on “ Virtual Labs in Physical and Chemical Sciences” on 7th Jan 2011 at Amrita Vishwa Vidhyapeetham, Amritapuri.
- Mr. Venkatachalaiah K. N. attended International conference on Polymers-Polycon-08, at NIT, Calicut ,9th -11th January 2009.
- Mr. Venkatachalaiah K. N. attended national conference on Polymers-Macro-08,at SJ College of Engineering, Mysore, 19th-20th May 2008.