PI – Dr. Vidhya Balasubramanian
Co-PIs : Dr. C.K.Shyamala and Dr. G.Jeyakumar
Funding Agency: DST – NRDMS
Amount: 46.1 Lakhs
Asset and people tracking solutions are crucial in providing seamless operations devoid of clashes between services and elements, especially when designing smart environments for large hospitals. Here monitoring mobile patients, locating important personnel, detecting and locating crowds, locating and tracking essential surgical assets and verification of access control restrictions with respect to people and assets, are important functionalities to be provided by the smart space. In this project, we aim to achieve the above by developing a low-cost, end-to-end system that can help configure and operate a smart hospital, which supports the above functionalities. The proposed system includes a sensor infrastructure, smart algorithms for asset and people tracking applications over this infrastructure and the underlying database system to support these applications. Research focus includes development of effective data management and representation of real-time streams of moving objects and sensor data, cost effective localization, ambient sensing and intelligence, and distributed inferencing.
- S Mathivannan, S Srinath, R Shashank, R Aravindh, Vidhya Balasubramanian, “A Dynamic Weighted Trilateration Algorithm for Indoor Localization Using Dual-Band WiFi”, International Symposium on Web and Wireless Geographical Information Systems, 2019 (Best Paper Runner Up)
- Darshak Sundar, Siddharth Sendil, Vasanth Subramanian, Vidhya Balasubramanian, “WALE: A Weighted Adaptive Location Estimation Algorithm”, Journal of Ambient Intelligence and Humanized Computing, Springer, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12652-018-0940-y, 2018
- Dharani Tejaswini, Vidhya Balasubramanian, “A Scalable and Hybrid Location Estimation Algorithm for Long-Range RFID Systems “, International Journal of Wireless Information Networks, Volume 25, Issue 2, pp 186–199, June 2018
- Dharani Tejaswini K, “Localization Algorithm for Large-Scale RFID based Asset Tracking”, Master’s Thesis, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, 2017
- Surya D Murthy, Srivenkata Krishnan S, Sundarrajan G, Kiran Kassyap S, Vidhya Balasubramanian, “A Robust Approach for Improving the Accuracy of IMU based Indoor Mobile Robot Localization”, 13th International Conference on Informatics in Control, Automation and Robotics, 2016
- N. Rubini, C. V. Prasanthi, S. Subanidha and G.Jeyakumar “An Optimization framework for Solving RFID Reader Placement Problem Using Differential Evolution Algorithm,” In Proceeding of International Conference on Communication and Signal Processing, August 2017.
Products(Copyright (c) 2018 Amrita Vishwa Vidhyapeetham, Dr.Vidhya Balasubramanian)
- WALE: A Novel Calibration Free WiFi Localization System for Smartphones
- Vinyasa : An Integrated Indoor Smartphone Tracking System
Visit Project Page