Nanosolar - Center for Nanosciences
Nano Solar at Amrita
Nano Solar at Amrita is actively pursuing low-cost nanotechnology-based options for both power generation and electrical energy storage. The team aims to produce highly efficient DSSC andsuper-capacitors with very good storage capabilities. The research is funded by the Department of Science and technology and by the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE), Government of India.
MNRE has funded a Centre for Excellence in Energy Generation and Storage Using Nanomaterials at Amrita. The Center is pursuing international collaborative initiatives with Switzerland and Korea and is looking to partner with other international groups with a commitment to low cost nano solar options. The team continues to march ahead with cutting edge research that may provide the answer to the world’s quest for limitless supply of clean energy.
- UV - Visible Spectrophotometer
- Internal Photo Conversion Efficiency
- Electrochemical Work Station
- Chemical Vapour Deposition
- X - Ray Photo Electron Spectrophotometer
- Surface Profilometer
- Mini P. A., Shanti V. Nair, Subramanian K. R. V., Design and Development of an Integrated Device Consisting of an Independent Solar Cell with Electrical Storage Capacity, Progress in Photovoltaics, Vol. 21 (Issue 5), Pp. 1153 – 1157, August 2013. (Article first published on MAY, 2012).
- Shantikumar V. Nair, A. Balakrishnan, Subramanian K. R. V., Anu A. M., Asha A. M., Deepika B., Effect of TiO2 Nanotube Length and Lateral Tubular Spacing on Photovoltaic Properties of Back Illuminated Dye Sensitized Solar Cell, Bulletin of Materials Science, Vol. 35 (Issue 4), Pp. 489 - 493, 2012.
- Sujith Kalluri, Asha A. M., Anjali P., Sivakumar N., K. R. V. Subramanian, Shantikumar V. Nair, Avinash Balakrishnan, Fabrication of Highly Porous Conducting PANI-C Composite Fiber Mats via Electrospinning, Materials Letters, 67: 376 - 378, 2012.
- Ranjusha R., Lekha P., Subramanian K. R. V., Shantikumar V. Nair, A. Balakrishnan, Photoanode Activity of ZnO Nanotube Based Dye Sensitized Solar Cells, Journal of Materials Science and Technology, Vol. 27(11), Pp. 961 - 966, 2011.
- Mini P. A., A. Balakrishnan, S. V. Nair, K. R. V. Subramanian, Highly Supercapacitive Electrode Based on Polypyrole / Graphene Chemical Communications, Chemical Communications, 47, Pp. 5753 - 5755, 2011.