Program offered at the Tifac Core in Cyber Security
M. Tech. in Cyber Security
This M. Tech programme aims to train the students in the cyber security discipline, through a well designed combination of course-ware and its application on real-world scenarios. The programme has a strong emphasis on foundational courses such as mathematics for security applications, advanced algorithms, networks etc., in addition to diverse subject core areas such as cryptography, operating systems and security, cloud security, security of cyber- physical systems etc.
Students will be exposed to real-world problems, open-ended problems, and simulated real- life scenarios with active guidance fromdomain experts in this field. The program will help the students to:
- Comprehend the various security threats and vulnerabilities of the cyber world keeping in line with the industrial trends.
- Scale up to the demand from multiple industrial sectors on the cyber world to promote effective methods, practices and tools to counter the cyber crimes.
- To be able to architect, design and implement fool-proof product lines in the field of cyber security.
|Foundation Core||Subject Core|
|Mathematical Foundations for Cyber Security||Internetworking - Protocols and Security|
|Design and Analysis of Algorithms||Cryptography|
|Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning||Concepts in System Security|
|Secure Coding||Cryptographic Protocols and Standards|
- Security in Mobile Networks
- Language-Based Security
- Network Security
- Information Hiding
- Information Security and Risk Management
- HDL and Cryptographic Applications
- Coding and Information Theory
- Security in Cloud Computing
- Formal Methods for Security
- Secure System Engineering
- Cyber Forensics
Ultimately this programme will yield next generation cyber security leaders who can be successfully employed in various sectors of industries, business firms, Government departments, financial bodies, educational institutions, etc, and these sectors generate huge demand for well-trained, professional people to be employed on cyber security front and they are always on the look-out for professionally trained people in the area of cyber security... »»