Amrita Salim currently serves as a Junior Research Fellow at Amrita School of Biotechnology. She received her M.Sc in Microbiology from Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham in 2015.
- M.Sc Microbiology, Amrita University (2015)
- B.Sc Microbiology, Presentation College of Applied Sciences, Mahatma Gandhi University (2010)
- Awarded with junior research fellowship from Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham University.
- Selected for IC-IMPACTS summer institute on Nanotechnology at University Of Alberta, Canada.
- The project entitled Isolation and characterization of alkaline protease from Bacillus subtilis in soil at Unibiosys biotech research lab, Ernakulam.
- The project entitled Isolation and characterization of bacteriophages against enteric pathogens under the guidance of Dr.Sanjay Pal, Assistant Professor, Amrita School Of Biotechnology.
ONGOING RESEARCH PROJECT
Bacteriophages to Target and kill Enteric Pathogens and Odor Producing Bacteria in Sewage Water / Funded by DBT - BIRAC - BMGF (Govt. of India - Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation).
|Year of Conference||Publication Type||Title|
|2015||Conference Proceedings||Vijayakumar Amrutha, Chinchu, B., Pandurangan, N., Sanjay Pal, G. Bipin, N., Ajith, M., and Salim Amrita, “Potent chitin Synthase inhibitors from Plant sources”, Proceeding of National seminar on Recent advances in medicinal plant research. Bharat mata college , 2015.|
|2015||Conference Proceedings||Salim Amrita, Ugesh, k.p., Chandni, P., Sreerangini, M. R., Bipin, N., Ajith, M., Sanjay Pal, and Sreetha, H., “Isolation and characterization of bacteriophage treatment of domestic wastewater”, Proceeding of the 56th International Annual Conference of The Association of Microbiologist of India . JNU, New Delhi, 2015.|