Emmanuel James currently serves as Associate Professor at the Department of Pharmacy Practice, Amrita School of Pharmacy, Health Science Campus, Kochi. He has guided 28 M. Pharm. research projects and 5 Pharm D. research projects during 2009 - 2015.
- 1979: M. Pharm, University of Sagar (Gold Medalist)
|April 2009 - Present||HOD, Department of Pharmacy Practice, Amrita School of Pharmacy, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham University, Kochi, Kerala|
|1993 - 2009||Director, Drug and Poison Information Centre, King Fahad Specialist Hospital, MOH, Saudi Arabia|
|1991 - 1993||Head of Clinical Pharmacy Services at King Fahad Specialist Hospital, MOH Saudi Arabia|
|1983 - 1991||Director of Pharmacy Services at Onaizah General Hospital, Ministry of Health, Saudi Arabia|
|1981 - 1983||UGC Senior Research Fellow at the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Sagar|
|1979 - 1981||Worked as lecturer in University of Delhi|
- Responsible for providing drug information to the clinicians, pharmacists and other healthcare professionals with the aid of computerized data systems (eg. CD-ROMS, Medline, Micromedex, UpTodate etc).
- Evaluation of drugs for formulary additions.
- Identification of chemicals and drugs encountered in suspected poisoning cases and providing information regarding management of patients involved.
- Coordinator/ Secretary of the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee of the hospital and member of the regional P & T Committee.
- Coordinator of the Antibiotic Subcommittee of the hospital and one of the editors of the hospital antibiotic policy manual.
- Coordinate and take part in drug usage evaluation in the hospital.
- Member of the nutrition support team of the hospital.
- Coordinator of intra-departmental and inter-departmental continuing medical education activities.
- One of the editors of the bimonthly pharmacy newsletter ‘Pharm-Gest’.
- Member of the departmental quality management team.
- Coordination of adverse drug reaction reporting & evaluation in the hospital.
- Drug dosage adjustment for patients with impaired renal function or hepatic dysfunction.
- Individualization of dosages of drugs like vancomycin, aminoglycosides etc. by applying pharmacokinetic principles to therapeutic drug monitoring results.
Principal Investigator: Evaluation and Promotion of Rational Drug Use in Primary Health Care Centres in Gassim Region
SCHOLARSHIPS AND FELLOWSHIPS
- Recipient of National Merit Scholarship of India from 1971-1977.
- Recipient of University Grants Commission (U.G.C.), Junior Research Fellowship from 1977-1979.
- Recipient of U.G.C. Senior Research Fellowship from 1981-1983
|Year of Publication||Publication Type||Title|
|2016||Journal Article||G. Madhu S, Emmanuel James, and Venu, R. P., “Appropriateness of antibiotic usage for gastrointestinal disorders in a tertiary care hospital”, European Journal of Hospital Pharmacy, 2016.[Abstract]|
|2015||Journal Article||R. M. George, Emmanuel James, and Vijayalakshmi, S., “Clinical pharmacist’s interventions on drug related problems in a tertiary care hospital”, International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, vol. 7, pp. 401-404, 2015.[Abstract]|
|2015||Journal Article||Emmanuel James and Cyriac, J. Maria, “Impact of educational interventions on the physicians for early switchover of parenteral drugs to oral therapy”, European Journal of Hospital Pharmacy, vol. 22, pp. 176-178, 2015.[Abstract]|
|2015||Journal Article||Emmanuel James, Annie, J., and Nambiar, V., “Impact of clinical pharmacist’s interventions on health outcomes in post stroke patients”, International Journal of Pharmaceutical Research, vol. 7, pp. 38 - 43, 2015.|
|2014||Journal Article||Emmanuel James and JM, C., “Switch over from intravenous to oral therapy: A concise overview. ”, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 83-87, 2014.[Abstract]|
|2014||Journal Article||Emmanuel James, Kuriakose, S., and Kumar, A., “Assessment of knowledge of epilepsy in epileptic patients attending a tertiary care centre in Kerala”, Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences , vol. 6, no. 7, pp. 64-67, 2014.[Abstract]|
|2014||Journal Article||R. S, Emmanuel James, RK, P., PK, Y., and A, A., “Betainterferone therapy in relapsing and remitting multiple sclerosis-challenges in an emerging country”, International Journal of Nutrition, Pharmacology, Neurological Diseases, vol. 4, pp. 34-38, 2014.|
|2013||Journal Article||P. M. Drisya and Emmanuel James, “Recent updates in the management of chemotherapy induced nausea and vomiting”, Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research, vol. 6, pp. 5-10, 2013.[Abstract]|
|2013||Journal Article||K. N. Anila and Emmanuel James, “Clinical pharmacist governed anticoagulation service in stroke unit of a tertiary care teaching hospital”, Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research, vol. 6, pp. 147-150, 2013.[Abstract]|
|2013||Journal Article||Ra Lakshmi, Emmanuel James, and Kirthivasan, Rb, “Study on impact of clinical pharmacist's interventions in the optimal use of oral anticoagulants in stroke patients”, Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, vol. 75, pp. 53-59, 2013.[Abstract]|
|2013||Journal Article||A. KN and Emmanuel James, “A Study on Impact of a Clinical Pharmacist in Improving Knowledge of Cardiology Out-patients about Oral Anticoagulants”, Indian Journal of Pharmacy Practice, vol. 6, p. 31, 2013.[Abstract]|
|2013||Journal Article||N. Siddharthan, Prabhu, R., Pavithran, K., Emmanuel James, Priyasivakumarlal, K., Ponnachen, M., and Balachandran, N., “The safety & feasibility of high dse methotrexate based therapy for acute lymphoblastic leukemia, a single centre experience from a developing country in ASIA PACIFIC”, HAEMATOLOGY CONFERENCE (APHCON), HONK KONG, FEB, 2013.|
|2011||Journal Article||Remya Reghu and Emmanuel James, “Epidemiological profile and treatment pattern of vitiligo in a tertiary care teaching hospital”, International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, vol. 3, pp. 137-141, 2011.[Abstract]|
|2011||Journal Article||Sa Scaria, Emmanuel James, and Dharmaratnam, A. Db, “Epidemiology and treatment pattern of atopic dermatitis in patients attending a tertiary care teaching hospital”, International Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical Sciences, vol. 2, pp. 38-44, 2011.[Abstract]|
|2010||Journal Article||Emmanuel James, Meenu Vijayan, K., S. V., and D., D. A., “Prevalence, clinical profile and prescribing pattern for psoriasis in a tertiary care referral hospital”, International Journal of Pharmacy & Technology , pp. 1241-52, 2010.|
|2010||Journal Article||Emmanuel James, Unni, V. N., Deepa, A. R., and Aboobacker, S., “Evaluation of quality of life in hemodialysis and renal transplant patients”, International Journal of Pharmacy and health Sciences , pp. 77-83, 2010.[Abstract]|