- Candidates who have passed the final examination under the 10+2+3 system or its equivalent with a minimum of 50% of marks for general and others. 45% of in case of SC ,ST C-I and PH either in UG ( B.A., B.Sc., B.Com., B.B.M., B.C.A., B.E., etc.,) or PG (M.A., M.Sc., M.Com., M.B.A., M.C.A., etc.,) in aggregate from UGC recognized Universities are eligible to apply for admission to the two years B.Ed. degree programme. However, the eligibility criteria are subject to modification as per the directives of the competent authorities.
- He/She who has studied at least any one of the following languages: English, Kannada, Hindi, Marathi, Urdu, Sanskrit, Tamil, Malayalam, Telugu, etc.
- And he/she has studied any two of the following subjects: English, Kannada, Hindi ,Urdu, Marathi, Sanskrit, History, Journalism, Women's studies, Economics, Political Science, Sociology, Commerce, Geography, Philosophy, Psychology, Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, Geology, Mathematics, Statistics, Microbiology, Biotechnology, Computer Science, Electronics etc.
- Candidates who have taken degrees from universities outside Karnataka shall have studied in addition to language subjects, at least two of the above subjects in their three years degree course.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM THE APPLICANTS:
To submit the original with a set of Xerox copies of the following
- S.S.L.C. Marks Sheet/ Grade Sheet
- Pre-degree Marks Sheet – 2 years Grade Sheet
- I, II and III Year Degree Marks Sheets / All Semesters Grade Sheets
- Degree Certificate
- P.G. Degree Marks Sheet/ All Grade Sheets.
- P.G. Degree Certificate.
- T.C. and Migration Certificate.
- If physically handicapped, authentic certificate from an authorised doctor.
- Caste Certificate if belonging to SC/ST or C-I.
- 5 stamp size and 5 passport size recent photos.
GENERAL RULES :
- Student teacher should abide by all the rules and regulations of the School of Education.
- Fees once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
WHAT IS EXPECTED OF A STUDENT TEACHER?
The student teacher should wholeheartedly and joyfully take part in the total learning process that is being developed in the School of Education campus.
Like a sapling when planted and protected from the attack of the cattle with a fence around it, a student as a youngster, requires proper guidance and protection while growing up, developing and learning. He should not be led through the wrong path of self-destruction and harm to society. The process of protection and guidance is called discipline. Initially it is mandatory and once it is centralized, i.e; understood, accepted and practiced by the individual it becomes his/ her second nature to be self-disciplined. He then becomes a mentally, spiritually balanced individual capable of facing the life with confidence, like the sapling after a few years, grows into a strong tree capable of leashing and sheltering the same cattle.
CORPORATE AND INDUSTRY RELATIONS (CIR)
Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham has placement cell, which will not only arrange programmes to train the student teacher in soft skills, group discussion and personal interview, but also campus interviews.
The corporate and Industry relation department of the institution maintains dynamic relationship with leading educational institutions to promote campus placement, guest lectures, and internship opportunities for the student teachers. The faculty members of CIR delivers well-structured programs to the english communication, soft skills and the group discussion skills of the students to ascertain the effectiveness in the teaching profession. CIR also organizes specific learning programs to promote leadership, teamwork and the potential to innovate among student teachers to ensure success in their profession
|Course||Duration||No. of Seats||Tuition Fees||Other Fees|
|B.Ed||2 year ( 4 semesters)||25 (Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham Management Quota)||Rs. 30,000||Rs. 35,000|
|25 (Karnataka Government Quota)||Rs. 6,000||Rs. 16,150|
For a prospectus and application form, please contact the Amrita School of Education at:
Phone : 0821- 2343479 / 80,
Application forms downloaded from the website should be accompanied with a Demand Draft for Rs. 150/-
SEND THE COMPLETED APPLICATIONS TO:
The Coordinator, Admissions,
Amrita School of Education,
#114, 7th Cross, Bogadi 2nd Stage,
Mysore - 570026, Karnataka.