- Dr. J. Ramprabhakar was promoted to Assistant Professor (SL Grade) from Assistant Professor (Sr.Gr) with effect from July 2016.
- Ms. P.V Manitha was promoted to Assistant professor (Sr.Gr) from Assistant Professor (Ord.Gr) with effect from July 2016
- Ms. Sreekala M, Assistant Professor (Sr.Gr) has discontinued her service from 23rd December 2016
Dr. Kishore Naik Mude, Assistant Professor(Sr.Gr), EEE Dept., has recieved the following Recognition/Awards:
- His Biography Included in Mariques Who’s who in world -34th edition.
- Selected as Editorial Board Member for Cogent Journal-Engineering Section.
- Acting as special session track chair on “Wireless Power Transfer for Industrial Electronics” in IEEE ICIT 2017 conference which will be held at Toronto, Canada.
- Invited author for One chapter in Power Electronics Handbook, 4th edition, by Prof. M.H. Rashid which will be published by Elsevier book series.
- Dr. Kishore Naik Mude :
- Invited as a speaker on Battery Charging Infrastructure in Electric VEhicles in Nano-Science conference will be held at Germany on 19th-21st March 2016.
- Reviewed one Paper for IEEE transactions on Industrial Electronics
- Joined as Post-Doctoral Fellow in Systec R&D–Porto, Portugal on September 27, 2016.
- Dr. J.Ram Prabhakar has reviewed the following manuscripts :
- “A New adaptive state of charge control for hybrid energy conversion systems” for International Journal 'IEEE Transaction on Energy Conversion'.
- “A Novel approach to solve power in islanded micro grids” for International Journal'IEEE Transaction on Sustainable Energy'
- “Design and Experimental Validation of Photovoltaic-Thermal collector articles” for International Journal 'Energy and Conversion Management' by Elsevier .
- “Optimization of Diversion Tunnel Diameter in Storage Dams for Minimum Construction Costs” for international journal 'Energy Journal' by Elsevier.
- Following achievements are bagged by Dr. Kishore Naik Mude, Assistant Professor (Sr.G), EEE Department.
- Selected as Post-Doctoral Fellow in Systec R&D –Porto, Portugal for a Period of One year starting from September 27, 2016.
- Awarded as Da vinci Diamond from International Biographic Centre, Cambridge, England.
- He was one of the organizer of IEEE- IES Inaugural Workshop on "Transportation and Electrification" held at Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore on August 12, 2016
- He was the Technical Program Convener of IEEE- IES Inaugural Workshop on "Transportation and Electrification" held at Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore on August 12, 2016
- He reviewed three papers for IEEE transactions on Industrial Electronics and Five Papers for International Conference "IEEE PEDES-2016".
Dr. Kishore Naik Mude, Assistant Professor(Sr.Gr), EEE Dept. was Appointed as ambassador of the Asian Council of Science Editors for the year of 2016. His Biography included in Top 100 Professionals-2016, by International Biographic Centre, Cambridge, England.
Dr. K. Deepa, Assistant Professor(SL Gr), EEE Dept., chaired a session as judge for the International Conference on Power, Circuit and Information Technologies, held on 19th -21st May2016, SRM University, Chennai
Dr. Kishore Naik Mude, Assistant Professor(Sr.Gr), EEE Dept. was appointed as Editorial Board member of IJIDEAS - International Journal of Innovative Developments in Engineering and Applied Sciences.
Dr. M.R Rashmi, Associate Professor, EEE Dept. gave a talk on “ Power quality issues in smart grids” in an International Seminar on “Smart Grid Technologies and Applications”, organized by S.A. Engineering College, Chennai on 18th March 2016
Dr. Kishore Naik Mude’s biography included in 2000 Outstanding Intellectuals of the 21st century-10th edition, International Biographic Centre, Cambridge, England. He reviewed the following papers
- One paper of IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics
- Two papers of IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics
Dr.Kishore Naik Mude, Assistant professor (Sr.Gr), EEE Dept:
- Delivered an invited talk on ‘Wireless Charging Infrastructures’ in ‘EMN (Energy- Materials- Nanotechnology) Meeting on Batteries’, organized by University of Central Florida,USA from 21st -25th February 2016.
- Participated in workshop and delivered a key-note speak on ‘Electrical Vehicle Battery Infrastructures’ on 26th February 2016 held at International Transport Innovation Centre, Greenville, South Carolina, USA.
- Participated in panel discussion on ‘Electric Vehicle Scenario in global Market’ along with Manager, Toyota R&D, USA, Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL), USA and Cisco systems, CA, USA.
- Participated in ‘South Carolina Automotive Summit’ held at Greenville, USA and met the Governor of South Carolina Ms. Nikki R. Haley.
- Delivered an expert talk on ‘Wireless Power Transfer for Future Transportation and Electrification’ in University Ontario Institute of Technology (UOIT), Oshawa, Canada.
- Visited the ‘General Motors Automotive Centre of Excellence’ (GM ACE), Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
- Dr.K.Deepa has reviewed a paper for Scopus Indexed journal “Ingenieria e Investigacion”, Colombia, with h-index: 3
- Dr. Kishore Naik Mude is invited as a speaker on the topic of “Wireless Battery charging by organizers of the EMN Meeting on Batteries” which will be held at Orlando, Florida, USA. He is granted a fund by Science and Engineering Research Board, DST, Govt.of India to attend the conference in Orlando, USA.
Mr. J. Ramaprabhakar, Assistant Professor (Sr.Gr), EEE Dept. successfully defended his PhD thesis constructs during his PhD defence on January 30th , 2016 in the faculty of Electrical Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar. The title of thesis is "Coordination Controls for Moderating Generation-Demand Mismatch in Wind-Solar-Hydro Energy Conversion Systems”.
- Dr. K. Deepa has reviewed a paper for International Journal of Power Electronics and Drive Systems (IJPEDS a scopus indexed Journal)
- Ms. K. Deepa, Assistant Professor (Sr.Gr), EEE Dept. has successfully defended her Ph. D thesis titled “Design, Analysis and Control of DC to DC Quasi Resonant Converters” at Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh.
Mrs Mamatha I has been invited to be a Reviewer for IEEE International Conference on "Signal Processing, Informatics, Communications and Energy Systems 2015 (IEEE SPICES 2015)‟ to be held at NIT, Calicut from 19th to 21st February, 2015. She has reviewed the following two papers for the same conference.
1. "Two Level 2-D DWT Convolution Structure Using Daub-6 Wavelet with Low Adder-Count".
2. "An Efficient VLSI Architecture for Fingerprint Recognition Using O2D-DWT Architecture and Modified CORDIC-FFT".
Mrs Deepa K reviewed a paper for the journal “IET POWER ELECTRONICS”
Dr C M C Krishnan reviewed a paper “Rapid Design of Miniaturized Branch-Line Couplers through Concurrent Cell Optimization and Surrogate-Assisted Fine-Tuning” by Koziel, Slawomir; Kurgan, Piotr, IET Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation
Mrs Deepa K, reviewed a paper for “IET POWER ELECTRONICS”,published by Institution of Engineering and Technology, United Kingdom.
Mrs Deepa K Reviewed papers for “INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF ELECTRONICS AND ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING” And “IET POWER ELECTRONICS”
- Mr Ilango K was invited as an examiner to evaluate M.Tech Project in EEE Department, at, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham ,School of Engineering Amritapuri campus, Kollam, Kerala.
- Mr. Ilango K reviewed the manuscript titled on “Unified Power Quality Conditioner Based on P-q Theory Control Strategy for Power Quality Enhancement” for the International Research Journal of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, by Premier Publishers.
- Dr Rashmi M R Reviewed the following papers for an International Conference on “Computational Intelligence in Data Mining (ICCIDM-2014), organized by Veer Surendra Sai University of Technology, Burla, Odisha
a) Intelligent System for Efficiency Enhancing Program of Thermal Power Plant: A Case Study
b) Solar Integrated Battery and Super Capacitor fed Electric Vehicle
- Mrs Deepa K reviewed a paper in a Scopus indexed journal titled “JOURNAL OF TESTING AND EVALUATION “
- Mrs. K Deepa has reviewed an article “Analytical Evaluation of Harmonic Distortion Factor Corresponding to Generalized Advanced Bus-Clamping Pulse width Modulation” for IET Power Electronics Journal
- Dr Rashmi M R has reviewed the paper "Multi Input High Performance Z-Source Inverter for Hybrid Wind-Solar Power Systems" for the Journal of Engineering Science and Technology, Taylor’s University.
- Mrs. K Deepa has reviewed the paper “Modular Design of a Dual Active Bridge DC-DC Multilevel Converter with Stepped Two-Level Output for Medium and High Voltage Applications” for the special issue on modeling and control for the IEEE Journal of Emerging and Selected Topics in Power Electronics.
- Dr. Rashmi M. R. has reviewed four papers for an IEEE conference on The International Conference on Circuits, Power and Computing Technologies (ICCPCT-2014)
- Dr. Rashmi M. R. has reviewed two papers for The Springer International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Evolutionary Algorithms in Engineering Systems (ICAEES 2014)
- Mrs. K. Deepa chaired a technical session for MILAGRO-A 1-day National Level Technical Symposium for engineering students,organized by Department of EEE,ShirdiSai Engineering College, Anekal, Bangalore on 26th September' 2013.
- Mrs. K. Deepa has reviewed five papers for IET Power Electronics Journal.
- Team from Amrita Bangalore comprising of Dr. ShikhaTripathi (ECE), Dr. T. S. B. Sudarshan(CSE), Ms. Sreeja Kochuvila (EEE) and Mr. Nippun Kumar(CSE) visited National University of Singapore (NUS), Nanyang Technological University (NTU) and Singapore University of Technology & Design (SUTD) for possible research collaboration and to know the research being carried out in these universities in the area of robotics, signal processing and architectures for signal processing. They met Prof. PrahladVadakkepat (NUS), Prof. A. P. Vinod(NTU) and Prof. A P Mathur (Director, SUTD) to help them visit the labs & interact with faculty and research scholars over there
- Mr. K. Ilango has reviewed a research paper titled “Power quality Improvement using Virtual Flux- based Direct Power Controlled Shunt Active Filter” for Elsevier - International journal of Electrical power and Energy systems.
- Mr. K. Ilango has reviewed four research papers for the national conference, Technological Advancements in Power & Energy, TAP Energy National Conference 2013, July 4th - 6th held at Amrita School of Engineering, Amritapuri Campus, Amrita VishwaVidyapeetham,Kerala.
- Mrs. K. Deepa has reviewed four papers for IET Power Electronics Journal.
- Dr. M. R. Rashmi reviewed two research papers for the national conference, Technological Advancements in Power & Energy, TAP Energy National Conference 2013, July 4th - 6th held at Amrita School of Engineering, Amritapuri Campus, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Kerala.
- A talk on “BIO-MASS TO ENERGY - CARBON NEGATIVE APPROACH” was hosted by the IEEE PES student chapter as part of its Tech talk series of events on 28/10/2015(3.30pm to 4.30pm) at Rama Hall. Mr. Shankar M.K. Director, ArSta eco, graduate engineer with over 20 years of experience in engineering and management was the speaker for the event. His immediate past engagement before starting ArSta eco was with Microsoft Corporation. The session began with the speaker introducing the effects of climate change such as pollution which has led to the increase in carbon dioxide level in the atmosphere leading to increased global warming, rise in temperatures.He also discussed about the various carbon forms existing, how carbon forms the building blocks of everything in universe and also the rising possibility of renewable sources of energy in this present world where the conventional sources are getting dried up. He explained about the means of reducing tones of waste produced into usable bio crude, bio char, syn gas, liquid vinegar and also discussed about their applications in cheap water filtering and soil amendment. The targeted audience for the event were 3rd year EEE students
- A talk on ‘FUTURE BATTERY CHARGING INFRASTRUCTURE FOR TRANSPORTATION ELECTRIFICATION’ was hosted by the IEEE PES student chapter as part of its Tech talk series of events on 5/10/2015(3.30pm to 4.30pm)at Rama Hall. Dr. Kishore Naik Mude, Assistant Professor, Department of EEE, Amrita School of Engineering Bengaluru, delivered the talk.
The talk started with a brief outline about Battery Charging Infrastructure for Wired and Wireless charging. The speaker stressed on keynote that Electric vehicles (EVs) are a viable solution to the increasing problems arising from the environment pollution and also due to the shortage of fossil fuels. He also briefed about the various electric vehicles such as Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV), Hybrid Electric Vehicle (HEV), Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle (PHEV). The speaker concluded the talk with standards for EV and current market scenario.
The target audience (30 members) was B. Tech EEE Second and Third year, M.Tech Power Electronics students.
- IEEE PES Student Branch Chapter, Amrita School of Engineering received a startup fund of $200 from IEEE Headquarters, towards the IEEE Student Branch Chapter activities.
Mind Sparks was an event organized by Vidyuth the departmental forum of EEE on29th October 2015 at Krishna Hall. It’s a team event of four people, who were supposed to choose the event and the respective event must be played by the team and this continued for three more rounds. The score for the respective event of each round were given according to the performance. The individual round scores were added and the winners were awarded.The technical events included are;
(a) CONNECT IT - It’s a word connecting game in which one of the participants has to tell a technical word which starts with same letter ended by the previous participant of the same team. The team will be given marks according to the number of words they connect.
(b) PICK AND SPEAK - Participants need to pick a chit from the word box and need to speak about that technical word for 2 minutes. The marks will be given by judges according to their performance.
(c) KWIZ - Team should answer the given technical question. Each answer carries marks according to the question given.
(d) DUMCHARADS - One participant from a team should come to dais and should act the given technical word so that the other team members guess the word.
“What after B.Tech?” event was conducted by ‘Vidyuth’ mainly to focus on the various options available for the students after completion of their B.Tech. The target audience were the 1st, 2nd and 3rd year EEE,ECE and EIE students. Around 80 students attended the event which was held on 08/10/2015 at Rama hall from 3:30pm to 5:00pm.The speakers included the core committee members of Vidyuth who spoke on the various examinations and competitive tests to be taken up after B.Tech, the opportunities in the core companies. The speakers threw light on the public and private sector core companies and encouraged the students to take up jobs in the core companies. Speakers also spoke on the salary packages offered by the companies which acted as an incentive for the students to work harder. The students’ feedback was very good and they mentioned that this would help them to plan their career effectively.
VIDYUTH conducted a seminar on “Know your Labs” on 22nd January 2015 for helping the students to know the equipments and components used in their labs. Duringthe seminar students were guided about choosing the components for a design, rigging up a circuit on a bread board, and explanation about lab equipments like CRO, Function Generator , Multimeter, Wattmeter etc...
VIDYUTH conducted a seminar on “Power Electronics Simulation” on 21st January 2015 in Rama hall. The seminar was delivered by Mrs Deepa K, Asst Professor, EEE Dept. The seminar was aimed at introducing the basics about MATLAB SIMULINK and PSIM software to the Pre final year EEE students. A simulation of basic power electronic circuits was also demonstrated to make students understand the concepts in the subject better.
Giuseppe Buja, Manuele Bertoluzzo, and Kishore Naik MudeDesign and Experimentation of WPT Charger for Electric City Car”
A talk on “Evolution of Embedded Systems in Digital Control” was organized for M.Tech final year Power Electronics students to provide an overview about Embedded Systems in industrial applications.The talk was given by Dr Hariram Satheesh, Principal Scientist, ABB Ltd, Bangalore on 20th September 2014. The suitability of Embedded Controllers such as Microcontrollers , Digital signal processors and FPGA controllers for various applications like Automation, Consumer Electronics, Medical Electronics, Remote Automation, Industrial Controls, Automotive Electronics, Military or Aerospace, Telecom or Datacom were highlighted.
The speaker also encouraged the students to move into the Embedded system industry. The event was attended by around 70 students from the VIth semester EEE and M.Tech Power Electronics.
He also mentioned about the mistakes done by engineers while choosing their careers, the importance of decision making skills in students and the ways to make the students industry ready. The event was attended by 60 students of the VIth semester EEE.
This event was attended by 118 students from III year EEE, ECE, EIE, CSE and M.Tech. Theoretical and practical exposure was given to the students using MSP430 microcontroller kits and launch pads. This workshop proved to be the first step for those people who imagined their careers as technical developers. It also laid the foundation for the future projects.