Student Achievements / Participation / Recognition
- Final year project titled “Automatic Anesthesia Control for Pregnant Ladies”,
submitted by Chennareddy Lakshmi Sowmya, Dasari Tejaswini, Dupakuntla Hema(Final Year EIE students),guided by Mrs Sreekala Manmadhan(EEE) is selected for KSCST funding of Rs.3000/-
- Final year project titled “Effective Implementation of Automated Fertilization Unit Using Arduino and Analog pH Sensor” submitted by Antara Chakraborty,Nitheesh Pradeep Nair, Prince Gupta(final year EEE students) and Anjali S Nair(final year ECE student), guided by Mr Sagar Basavaraju (ECE Department) and Mrs Lekshmi. S(EEE Department) is selected for KSCST funding of Rs.3500/-
- Two students of Department of EEE secured Ranks in the 13th Annual Convocation of Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham which was conducted on 21st of August, 2016. Details are as under:
- S Manoj (BL.EN.U4EEE12057) – Gold Medal
- Chintamanirao Tejaswini Vijay (BL.EN.U4EEE12015) – 7th Rank.
- Nidhis.A.D and P. Preetham Reddy of V Sem EEE demonstrated the working of ” EOG Controlled Human Computer Interface for Differently Enabled”, for the National Workshop “ETC Vision Amrita School of Engineering, Bengaluru between 19-21st August 2016.
- The IEEE- WIE Student Branch Affinity Group of Amrita School of Engineering, Bengaluru organized talk on “Work Life Balance”. The theme of the talk involved the significance of prioritizing between work and personal life. The talk was delivered by Dr. D. N. Sujatha, chairperson of IEEE-WIE affinity group, Bangalore section on 29th July, 2016 from 2.30pm to 4.30 pm.The event was witnessed by B.Tech and M.Tech girl students of Amrita School of Engineering. Dr. D. N. Sujatha explained work-life balance and stressed on deliberate sharing of works, perks at work and the support systems. She briefed about the IEEE-WIE affinity group and the events planned for this year ahead. In accession, she added a closing note, mentioning the benefits of being a member of IEEE and suggested ideas to drive students to join the association.
- ELECSPIRE was an event organised by Vidyuth the departmental forum of EEE on 13th January 2016. The event aimed at bringing the latest technology and the ideas from the field of electrical engineering to use and successfully delivery a taste of the real world examples to all the participants present..
ELECSPIRE was an event organised by Vidyuth – the departmental forum of EEE on January 13, 2016 at Rama hall from 3:30 PM to 4:20 PM. The event witnessed a crowd of about 50 participants. The event aimed at bringing the latest technology and the ideas from the field of electrical engineering to use and successfully delivery a taste of the real world examples to all the participants present.
The program consisted of 3 rounds :
1st round : “Symbol Identification”– Some of the electrical and electronics symbol were displayed on the screen where participants have to recognize the symbols and write them on a sheet of paper.
2nd round : “Real World Instrument” – Real world instruments and devices images were displayed on the screen where participants have to identify and write one of their application.
3rd round : “Common Difference Round“ – Two electrical elements or devices were displayed where participants have to identify either one common point or difference between them.
Each round had specific marks and were time bound.HideEvent DetailsDate: 2016-01-13 15:30 to 16:15ORGANIZED BY:School: School of EngineeringCampus: Bengaluru
- A talk on “BIO-MASS TO ENERGY – CARBON NEGATIVE APPROACH” was hosted by the IEEE PES student chapter as part of its Tech talk series of events on 28/10/2015(3.30pm to 4.30pm) at Rama Hall. Mr. Shankar M.K. Director, ArSta eco, graduate engineer with over 20 years of experience in engineering and management was the speaker for the event. His immediate past engagement before starting ArSta eco was with Microsoft Corporation. The session began with the speaker introducing the effects of climate change such as pollution which has led to the increase in carbon dioxide level in the atmosphere leading to increased global warming, rise in temperatures.He also discussed about the various carbon forms existing, how carbon forms the building blocks of everything in universe and also the rising possibility of renewable sources of energy in this present world where the conventional sources are getting dried up. He explained about the means of reducing tones of waste produced into usable bio crude, bio char, syn gas, liquid vinegar and also discussed about their applications in cheap water filtering and soil amendment. The targeted audience for the event were 3rd year EEE students
- A talk on ‘FUTURE BATTERY CHARGING INFRASTRUCTURE FOR TRANSPORTATION ELECTRIFICATION’ was hosted by the IEEE PES student chapter as part of its Tech talk series of events on 5/10/2015(3.30pm to 4.30pm)at Rama Hall. Dr. Kishore Naik Mude, Assistant Professor, Department of EEE, Amrita School of Engineering Bengaluru, delivered the talk.
The talk started with a brief outline about Battery Charging Infrastructure for Wired and Wireless charging. The speaker stressed on keynote that Electric vehicles (EVs) are a viable solution to the increasing problems arising from the environment pollution and also due to the shortage of fossil fuels. He also briefed about the various electric vehicles such as Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV), Hybrid Electric Vehicle (HEV), Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle (PHEV). The speaker concluded the talk with standards for EV and current market scenario.
The target audience (30 members) was B. Tech EEE Second and Third year, M.Tech Power Electronics students.
- IEEE PES Student Branch Chapter, Amrita School of Engineering received a startup fund of $200 from IEEE Headquarters, towards the IEEE Student Branch Chapter activities.
- Mind Sparks was an event organized by Vidyuth the departmental forum of EEE on29th October 2015 at Krishna Hall. It’s a team event of four people, who were supposed to choose the event and the respective event must be played by the team and this continued for three more rounds. The score for the respective event of each round were given according to the performance. The individual round scores were added and the winners were awarded.The technical events included are;(a) CONNECT IT – It’s a word connecting game in which one of the participants has to tell a technical word which starts with same letter ended by the previous participant of the same team. The team will be given marks according to the number of words they connect.(b) PICK AND SPEAK – Participants need to pick a chit from the word box and need to speak about that technical word for 2 minutes. The marks will be given by judges according to their performance.(c) KWIZ – Team should answer the given technical question. Each answer carries marks according to the question given.(d) DUMCHARADS – One participant from a team should come to dais and should act the given technical word so that the other team members guess the word.
- “What after B.Tech?” event was conducted by ‘Vidyuth’ mainly to focus on the various options available for the students after completion of their B.Tech. The target audience were the 1st, 2nd and 3rd year EEE,ECE and EIE students. Around 80 students attended the event which was held on 08/10/2015 at Rama hall from 3:30pm to 5:00pm.The speakers included the core committee members of Vidyuth who spoke on the various examinations and competitive tests to be taken up after B.Tech, the opportunities in the core companies. The speakers threw light on the public and private sector core companies and encouraged the students to take up jobs in the core companies. Speakers also spoke on the salary packages offered by the companies which acted as an incentive for the students to work harder. The students’ feedback was very good and they mentioned that this would help them to plan their career effectively.
- VIDYUTH conducted a seminar on “Know your Labs” on 22nd January 2015 for helping the students to know the equipments and components used in their labs. Duringthe seminar students were guided about choosing the components for a design, rigging up a circuit on a bread board, and explanation about lab equipments like CRO, Function Generator , Multimeter, Wattmeter etc…
- VIDYUTH conducted a seminar on “Power Electronics Simulation” on 21st January 2015 in Rama hall. The seminar was delivered by Mrs Deepa K, Asst Professor, EEE Dept. The seminar was aimed at introducing the basics about MATLAB SIMULINK and PSIM software to the Pre final year EEE students. A simulation of basic power electronic circuits was also demonstrated to make students understand the concepts in the subject better.
- Giuseppe Buja, Manuele Bertoluzzo, and Kishore Naik MudeDesign and Experimentation of WPT Charger for Electric City Car”
- A talk on “Evolution of Embedded Systems in Digital Control” was organized for M.Tech final year Power Electronics students to provide an overview about Embedded Systems in industrial applications.The talk was given by Dr Hariram Satheesh, Principal Scientist, ABB Ltd, Bangalore on 20th September 2014. The suitability of Embedded Controllers such as Microcontrollers , Digital signal processors and FPGA controllers for various applications like Automation, Consumer Electronics, Medical Electronics, Remote Automation, Industrial Controls, Automotive Electronics, Military or Aerospace, Telecom or Datacom were highlighted.
- A seminar on “ Traction” was organized and was given by Mr.Saravanan.B, Senior R&D Engineer, ABB India Ltd, Bangalore on 20th September 2014. The talk was focused on the importance of all kinds of engineering, irrespective of branches for the traction application. The current trends in traction were also highlighted.
- The seminar on ‘Space Vector based PWM Techniques For Voltage Source Converters’ was given by Mr. Amit Kumar, Associate scientist, ABB Ltd, Chennai, an alumni of Amrita school of engineering, a gold medalist in 2010 on 20th September 2014. His talk was on the different algorithms for the control of Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) techniques.
- A “TECHNICAL EXTEMPORE” was conducted on 19th September 2014, for first and second year students. The idea behind conducting this event was to make the students think logically about the things happening around them. Students from first, second and third year came forward and took part actively. The topics given were basics and reasoning for daily life activities related to electricity.
- A “Circuit debugging” event was conducted by Vidyuth members mainly for first and second year students on 22-09-2014 and the event was focused on how to analyze the circuits. It was conducted in 3 rounds with increase in level of difficulty.
- “Know your basics” was the event organized on 23rd September 2014, by Vidyuth forum and it was focused on teaching the first year students the basic concepts of Electrical Engineering
- EEE FORUM VIDYUTH had arranged for an Industrial visit to BHARAT HEAVY ELECTRICAL LIMITED, Electronics division, Mysore road, Bangalore – 560026, on 13/10/14 for second year EEE students. The students were accompanied by faculties , Ms.Sireesha K and Mr.S.Shankar.
- Technical dumb charades and quiz was organized by the Vidyuth forum members on 21st of august 2014.Nearly 80 students took part in the event.
- The event was an interactive session between 3rd and 4th year students of EEE to get know PIC16F778A and programming the same using MPLAB software. It was conducted on 12/8/14. The students Ms Sneha, Ms Srilekha , Ms Kavya, Mr Madan, Mr Praveen and Mr Balaji of final EEE explained Pre-final EEE students about the software and its applications.
- An interactive session about “Demonstration on integrating contol algorithm with TMS320F28335 –Digital Signal Processor its usage”, by Ms Ishwarya ,(second year M.Tech student) to M.Tech First year students was conducted on 25/7/14 . The objective of the workshop was to make the students to know how to link control algorithm in MATLAB to Digital signal processor.
- The students of IVth and VIth sem – EEE were taken for an Industrial visit to Bharat heavy electrical limited (BHEL), Electronics division, Mysore road on 2nd and 4th of April 2014. They were introduced to the different power electronic controllers used for power systems. The students also got an opportunity to see the photovoltaic manufacturing unit in BHEL.
- The B.Tech project titled “Grid connected photovoltaic system” by the final year B.Tech students Paladugu Nandini, Antara Bhattacharya and Siripothu Harish under the guidance of Mrs. K Deepa was sanctioned with rupees 4500 by the Karnataka state council for science and technology, Bangalore.
- EEE forum conducted a seminar on “Embedded System Design using Soc MSP430” on February 5th, 2014. Mr. G.L. Karthik, Senior Field Application Engineer, GILL INSTRUMENTS discussed and shared his knowledge on the Embedded systems design using MSP430. He described about some of the real time applications such as digital thermometer, single phase electricity meter and many biometric applications that can be implemented using MSP430.
The speaker also encouraged the students to move into the Embedded system industry. The event was attended by around 70 students from the VIth semester EEE and M.Tech Power Electronics.
- EEE forum organized a talk by Mr. R.Vinod Kumar, CEO, Mennekes India on “Spelling mistakes of being an engineer” on February 21st, 2014. The seminar mainly focused on different phases of life, rapid changes that occur from one phase to other, the social pressure etc. The speaker spoke about the importance of standing out ourselves among the crowd and achieving what we want. He also stressed on the fact that to achieve success one should have the qualities like Individuality, Self awareness, Confidence, Communication etc.
He also mentioned about the mistakes done by engineers while choosing their careers, the importance of decision making skills in students and the ways to make the students industry ready. The event was attended by 60 students of the VIth semester EEE.
- The students of VIIIth semester EEE were taken for an Industrial visit to Power Grid Corporation of India, Bidadi, Bangalore on 26th February 2014. The students got an insight into the working of the substation. They were shown the different elements in the power distribution system like the surge arrestors, isolators, contactors, wave traps, circuit breakers, current and potential transformers etc. They also got an opportunity to see the distribution automation and control of the power system using SCADA (Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition).
- The students of Vthsem, EEE were taken for an Industrial visit to Lapp India Private Limited, Jigani Industrial Area, Phase II on 7th and 8th of November’ 2013. They were introduced to the process of making of different types of cables. The different big machines to carry out the different processes were shown and the quality assurance techniques were also explained to the students.
- EEE forum conducted a 2-day weekend workshop on “Embedded System Designs using Ultra Low Power TI MSP430” on 26th and 27th October, 2013. Mr. Mayank Ranjan the Marketing head of M/s Cranes Software International Limited,and his team members Mr.Dhilip and Mr. Hussain Ali enlightened the students about the advantages of MSP430 microcontroller over the other microcontrollers and gave an insight to some of the basic applications of the microcontroller.
This event was attended by 118 students from III year EEE, ECE, EIE, CSE and M.Tech. Theoretical and practical exposure was given to the students using MSP430 microcontroller kits and launch pads. This workshop proved to be the first step for those people who imagined their careers as technical developers. It also laid the foundation for the future projects.
- EEE forum had invited Mr. Sai Krishna Mopuri, Senior Manager, Product & Test Engineering, Analog Devices to deliver a Seminar on, “Trends in VLSI-IC Development”, on 18th September, 2013.The speaker enlightened the students with his knowledge perceived throughout his 20 years of experience. He discussed the statistics about the growth of semiconductor industry, VLSI development flow which includes Market survey, Develop system, IC specification development, Select technology, Verification, Layout, IC fabrication, IC assembly, Production and finally releasing it in market. He also discussed the challenges in VLSI testing, its future trends which was a boost to the students who are looking out for a career in VLSI.
- EEE forum organized a workshop on IC trainer kits on 31st August, 2013. This event imparted basic knowledge about the IC trainer kits to the 2nd year EEE students. To enlighten the students with more practical knowledge, the IC trainer kits were dismantled to show the internal working and the troubleshooting of the kit. This session was conducted by faculty member Mrs. K.Sireesha (Lecturer, EEE) and was supported by Mr. K.Suresh(Campus Electrical Engineer, EEE), Mrs. S.Shanthi (Lab Instructor, ECE) and V SaiPraveen (V Sem EEE).
- EEE forum conducted an event named “Foundation”, to give a strong foundation on basics of electrical engineering for the first year students so that their interest in subject as well as their confidence level will increase. The two day event was conducted on 27th & 29th AUGUST, 2013. This event was carried out with videos, technical quizzes on the basics of Electrical Engineering, followed by discussions on the technical questions asked in interviews. The sessions were handled by V. Sai Praveen, SatyaSai Naidu, T Rohit (V sem EEE), SpoorthiK and Shubhadip Das (III sem EEE).
- EEE forum Vidyuth conducted “TechX”, (technical quiz).144 students participated in Preliminary round which was conducted on 4th of March 2013. The top 6 teams selected in the preliminary round took part in the final round which was conducted on 5th and 6th of March 2013.
- EEE forum arranged screening event called, “Entertainment Entertainment Entertainment (EEE)” on 13th, 14th and 15th of March 2013which involved screening of some of the famous science programs like “through the wormhole hosted by Morgan freeman” and “dark matter” in the e-learning hall. Around 40 to 50 students took part on all three days for which the videos were screened.
- EEE forum,Vidyuth has arranged an Industrial visit to Diesel power plant in Yelahanka for students of EEE during 11th-13th September 2012.
- The technical paper presented by Mr. Himanshu Sharma and Ms. Shreya Parmar, students of VI Semester EEE, was adjudged the ‘Second Best Paper’ at ‘Arghya 2012’, a National Level Technical Symposium. The symposium was organized by Mahatma Basaveshwar Education Society’s college of Engineering, Ambajogai, from 27th to 29th February, 2012.
- A guest lecture on “Transformer Technology” was arranged as a part of EEE Forum activity on 16th November, 2011. The lecture was delivered by Mr. Ramaswamy, MD, Sara Consultants, Bengaluru .