Placements @ The School of Business
Message from the Director
Amrita has always been in the forefront of providing professional education rooted in human values, ethos and culture of this great nation. While a lot of importance is accorded in the MBA programme to experiential learning, equal emphasis is laid on professional development comprising communication, people’s skills, ethics, global perspective, leadership, inter-disciplinary team work, innovation, and most important of all, the understanding of our environment. The institution has been able to attract diverse student population from across the country, thereby enriching the students’ learning experience and enabling exposure to different cultures and practices.
In keeping with the mission of the university, value education has been made an integral part of management education to nurture social and ethical commitments in the students. There is also a constant endeavour to develop employability skills through a variety of engagements like industry interface, corporate lectures, faculty and peer mentoring and live projects. Knowledge assimilation is ensured through industry interaction, seminars and field assignments.
The current market scenario is hardly inspiring and organizations are working overtime to cut down expenditure and enhance productivity. The young entrants to the industry have to come with sound theoretical knowledge, besides excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Amrita is aware of this need and has put through a programme of life skills development that clearly focuses on the above requirements. The campuses provide an ambience that is more congenial to students for self development through a rigorous academic programme and action packed extra and co-curricular activities. At the end of the day, we are able to produce not just managers, but wealth creators and wealth managers for the industry.
We welcome the corporate world to visit us, interact with our faculty who are world-class and our students who display a high level of motivation and energy, for mutual benefit.
Director - Corporate & Industry Relations
Placements at the Amrita School of Business
The Directorate of Corporate & Industry Relations (CIR) strives to achieve excellent placement of students each year. A proven track record of consistent high quality placements year-on-year is one of the reasons for many bright students opting for admissions in Amrita.
Placements are handled by a group of experts with Head-Placement for MBAs at the top, along with support from Placement Managers positioned at various campuses of Amrita School of Business at Coimbatore and Departments of Management Studies at Amritapuri, Bangalore and Kochi.
Some of the key aspects that are taken into account by the placement team are given as follows:
- Ensuring summer placements and final placements of students from all branches of Management in reputed organisations.
- Improving the quality of placements in terms of job opportunities, companies of relevance that visit the campus and the highest and average salaries.
- Ensuring maximum visibility of the institution to the corporate world through frequent visits, interactions with the top management and facilitation of Faculty Development Programmes, Student Visits, Training and Project Guidance under Corporate Action Plan.
- Updating / reviewing the Placement Policy in terms of number of opportunities, career options, etc., from time to time.
- Selecting Placement Committee (Placecom) for MBA placement and providing necessary inputs. Placecom is a body of selected students representing the entire batch and works closely with Head – Placement. Placecom students are involved in all activities connected with the placement process.
- Utilising the vast network of alumni, the corporate relations managers of sister institutions / other campuses and eminent personalities who are devotees of AMMA, for the benefit of students.
- Obtaining feedback from employers on the performance of students to enhance the quality of students.
- Assisting in improving the employability of the students by organising special training with the help of experts from industry.
- Preparing the placement brochure for the School of Business and other materials necessary to give detailed information on the students’ profile and programmes offered by the institution, for the benefit of potential recruiters and the corporate world.
- Building rapport with the top management of companies by organising visits of CEOs, COOs, Presidents, VPs and GMs to the university.
Placements at Amrita have always been excellent. Students who are eligible and opt for placements have more than one job offer, on an average. Exercising their dream option, some of them have up to four job offers by the end of their course.
A total of 202 students were placed at Amrita School of Business (ASB) at salaries that have shown significant growth over the previous years. The placements have provided them high-quality, diverse and professional opportunities.
We invite all corporates to participate in our many-faceted activities at Amrita. Please mail us atcir @amrita.edu or visit http://www.amritacir.in/ for more details.
FINAL PLACEMENT – GRAPHS (2012-2013)