'Computer Applications in Pharmacy - Practical' is a course offered in the first semester of B. Pharm program at School of Pharmacy, Health Sciences campus, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham.
Course Duration: 2 Hours/Week)
- Design a questionnaire using a word processing package to gather information about a particular disease.
- Create a HTML web page to show personal information.
- Retrieve the information of a drug and its adverse effects using online tools
- Creating mailing labels Using Label Wizard , generating label in MS WORD
- Create a database in MS Access to store the patient information with the required fields Using access
- Design a form in MS Access to view, add, delete and modify the patient record in the database
- Generating report and printing the report from patient database
- Creating invoice table using – MS Access
- Drug information storage and retrieval using MS Access
- Creating and working with queries in MS Access
- Exporting Tables, Queries, Forms and Reports to web pages
- Exporting Tables, Queries, Forms and Reports to XML pages
Recommended Books (Latest Editions)
- Computer Application in Pharmacy – William E.Fassett –Lea and Febiger, 600 South Washington Square, USA, (215) 922-1330.
- Computer Application in Pharmaceutical Research and Development –Sean Ekins – Wiley-Inter- science, A John Willey and Sons, INC., Publication, USA
- Bioinformatics (Concept, Skills and Applications) – S.C.Rastogi-CBS Publishers and Distributors, 4596/1- A, 11 Darya Gani, New Delhi – 110 002(INDIA)
- Microsoft office Access - 2003, Application Development Using VBA, SQL Server, DAP and Infopath – Cary N.Prague – Wiley Dreamtech India (P) Ltd., 4435/7, Ansari Road, Daryagani, New Delhi - 110002