Amrita School of Arts and Sciences a constituent school of Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham is located in the heritage city of Mysore in a calm and serene ambience in Bogadi 2nd Stage. The School which was earlier affiliated to Mysore University as ‘Amrita Mahavidyalaya’, was brought under the ambit of Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham in November 2006. Run by Mata Amritanandamayi Math, the institution has proved its credibility in imparting value based professional academic, career and industry oriented training.
The School Offers 5 UG courses - BCA, BBM, B.Com, B.Com(Taxation), B.Sc Visual Media & 3 PG Courses - MCA, M.Sc (CS), M.Com.In addition to the regular academic programmes, the School also offers professional expertise through short term courses in Red Hat Linux (RHCE), CISCO Networking (CCNA), NGO Management and Tally 9 ERP offered by Tally solution pvt.Ltd, e-Filing, Advanced Excel for the interested students.
Amrita School of Arts & Sciences provides hostel for boys and girls. College also provides transportation facility for day scholars coming from Mysore city and suburbs.
Amrita School of Arts & Sciences, Mysore campus, strives to
Offer modern, wholesome, quality higher education.
- Develop a new genre of graduates, driven by timeless human values and equipped with the best of scientific and managerial knowledge, creativity and skill.
- Serve mankind and nature with love, trust, tolerance, and humanity.
- Explore the frontiers of arts, science, commerce and management.
- Cherish, uphold, nurture and live by our values.
The learning system is a unique mix of teaching methods - lectures, case discussions, seminars, presentations, group activities, business games, role-plays, soft skills training, expert lecture series, internships and field visits.
- The Focus at Amrita is on experiential learning through intensive projects, which is compulsory for meeting the requirements of the UG & PG programmes.
- Aims at application of theoretical knowledge learnt in classrooms to field-based challenges at the work environment.
- Imparts insights from ancient art and science of yoga & meditation and imbibes deepset values through compulsory courses in cultural education.
- Academic Schedule at Amrita calls for dedicated hours of study, library work IT Interface and home assignments. Experienced & committed faculty members transform the rigour of academics into rich learning experience.
- Continuous evaluation process, systematic conduct of examination & timely publication of results ensure excellence in the system.
- Faculty counselors closely monitor the individual progress of students.
We envision a world endowed with the wealth of knowledge and strength of discrimination(Viveka). We envision a system, which is a healthy breeding ground for the sprouting, culturing and dissemination of the whole gamut of knowledge in a wholesome and holistic manner for the well-being of mankind. We envision a human being empowered with wholesome knowledge, which makes him an enabler and facilitator in the deep search and striving of every human being for that knowledge. We envision a system where in there is a great inter play and exchange of ideas, thoughts, feeelings and actions which develop people empowered with noble character, and wholesome value. They go out in to the fields of action to build a world of love, harmony, peace and knowledge. They follow the path of Dharma and give a clear direction in every thought and human behaviour.
To provide value-based education and mould the character of the younger generation through a system of wholesome learning, so that their earnest endeavor to achieve progress and prosperity in life is matched by an ardent desire to extend selfless service to society, one complementing the other.