Activities at School of Business, Kochi
Activities at ASB, Kochi
ASTHRA - THE B-FEST
Amrita School of Business, a tier-1 B-School has been consistently rated among top 30 private B-School over the years since its inception in 1996. ASB, Kochi was among three campuses of Amrita School of Business established in 2009. ASB Kochi was rated as the 7th best B-School in South India by The Week in 2011. ASB offers postgraduate and PhD programs in management offering specialisations in the area of finance, HR, Marketing, Operations and Systems.
ASTHRA, the Annual Management Festival of Amrita School of Business, Kochi is a two day fun filled event that explores the hidden talents of budding managers. ASTHRA 2013 brings in a fresh dose of vivacity and exuberance with its theme Colors of Leadership highlighting the moral, ethical, social and cultural ideas of ASB.
The second edition of ASTHRA, a two day National level business fest was held on January 7 - 8, 2013, based on the theme Colors of Leadership.
- Rahul Menon, R. Avinash & Sai Vijay, three MBA students from ASB Kochi participated in Music 2 Go, a national level marketing competition conducted by the marketing Forum at IIM Ahmedabad. Amrita MBA students competed with the best in the business like that of the various IIM’S across the country and FMS to mention a few and won 9th position out of 1160 teams on October 2012.
- Sachidanandham L., second-year MBA student at the Amrita School of Business, Kochi proved his mettle as an efficient brand manager by winning the fifth place in the Nissan Student Brand Manager Contest 2012 on 09 August 2012
- Shivani Jha, 1st year MBA student presented a paper entitled "Recent trends in Supply Chain Management and Logistics" in a Seminar on The Recent Trends in Supply Chain Management and Logistics, organized by Amrita School of Arts and Science Kochi campus on 3rd March, 2012.
- Four MBA students, Mithra Parameshwaran, Aparna Nandakumar, Imran Haque and Jees V Kariyil won second prize in Event management game at SCMS College; 30th & 31st January 2012.
- Harikrishnan M.R, second year student bagged fourth place in an all India operations summer internship project competition held at Durgadevi Saraf Institute of Management, Mumbai on the 19th of January 2012. Candidates from IIMs, FMS, Symbiosis etc participated in the event
- Nirmal Sasidharan and Unnikrishnan Kodoor, second year students were one among the finalist in SP Jain ‘M-power Social Business Plan’ competition. NITIE, TISS, MANAGE, SP Jain, Reached finals after the 2nd round in which they competed against teams from IRMA, IIM Bangalore, IIT B, XLRI, BIM, IIM Indore etc. Two certificates, two webinars and entrepreneurship start-up kit from Nurture talent were provided to finalist in SP Jain College, Mumbai.
- Nirmal Sasidharan and Unnikrishnan Kodoor, second year students reached final of Daksh 2011 Social Business Plan competition final conducted by IIFM, Bhopal. Teams from JBIMS, IIFM, ISB Hyderabad, NITIE participated in final.
- Nirmal Sasidharan and R. Venkata Durga Prasad, second year students reached final of National Level ‘V-Guard Business Plan’ competition. IIM I, IIM K, IIM L, NIT Calicut, NIT Trichy etc were the other teams that reached finals. Got participation certificate for business plan competition and mentoring from V-Guard Manager Saravana Babu. Corporate business plan was conducted in which participants had to come up with detailed business plan for V-Guard to achieve a turnover of Rs 5000 Crores in 5 years from the present Rs 725 crore turnover.
- Nirmal Sasidharan and Unnikrishnan reached semi final round (Top 8 teams in Kerala) in Kerala Management Association BIZQUIZ- Business quiz competition 2011 for B-schools.
Visit to Thattekad Bird Sanctuary and Pooyamkutty Dam
As a part of the SAPG course, the second year MBA students were taken for a one day trip on 26th of February, 2014 to Thattekad Bird Sanctuary and Pooyamkutty Dam. The Salim Ali Bird Sanctuary (Thattekad Sanctuary) is located in the Kothamangalam Taluk of Ernakulam District. Salim Ali, one of the best known ornithologists described this sanctuary as the richest bird habitat on peninsular India.
Pooyamkutty is a small city in Ernakulam district, Kothamangalam Taluk, blessed with natural beauty, situated along Pooyamkutty river, a tributary of the Periyar. The dam site on the Pooyamkutty River is submerged in one of the densest forests in the country. The area looks picturesque with its lush green tress and thick vegetation. The undergrowth is thick with vines, shrubs, creepers of every variety.
The visit to these beautiful places gave the students an insight into the importance of preserving natural heritage and the fact that there are scores of communities who still manage to be happy, with the barest of resources at their disposal.