Course Duration: 3 Hrs./Week
This course is designed to impart knowledge and skills necessary for contribution to quality use of medicines. Chapters dealt cover briefly pathophysiology and mostly therapeutics of various diseases. This will enable the student to understand the pathophysiology of common diseases and their management.
Objectives of the Subject Upon completion of the subject student shall be able to –
- Know the pathophysiology of selected disease states and the rationale for drug therapy
- Know the therapeutic approach to management of these diseases;
- Know the controversies in drug therapy;
- Know the importance of preparation of individualised therapeutic plans based on diagnosis; and
- Appreciate the needs to identify the patient-specific parameters relevant in initiating drug therapy, and monitoring therapy (including alternatives, time-course of clinical and laboratory indices of therapeutic response and adverse effects).