AMMAS research Lab @ Computational Engineering and Networking (CEN) is a major research group of Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, nurtured, guided and headed by Dr. P. K. Krishnan Namboori, focuses on research activities related to theory and computer simulation of chemical and molecular processes. The computational techniques range from ‘ab initio’ electronic structure methods through classical molecular simulation to mesoscale simulation. Our research activities spread mainly in the areas of nanotechnology, pharmaceutical engineering, drug design and delivery systems, biosynthesis, material science and Bio-soft computing. Our focus is on explaining practical phenomena in chemistry, biophysics, biomedical engineering, drug designing, biometrics, nanotechnology and material science through fundamental principles of quantum chemistry, molecular mechanics, thermodynamics and statistical mechanics.
In a small span of time, this group has emerged out as one of the major research groups of the institution with sufficient number of publications in the national/international journals and conferences. Our regular training programs include:
- A summer school cum hands on project training of one and a half month's duration "AMRITA Insights Into Molecular Modeling and Simulation - AIMMS', meant for the P.G. / Research students of the areas such as Chemistry, Bioinformatics, Biotechnology, Microbiology, Nanotechnology, Biomedical Engineering and related areas.
- An exhaustive workshop cum training program for computational drug designing namely 'AMRITA Insight into Computer Aided Drug Design-AICADD' of one month duration meant for M.Pharm/ M.Sc (Pharmaceutical Science) and related areas. This program is arranged twice every year, AICADD-Summer and AICADD winter.
- The research group is involved in the AMRITA-Chicago collaboration projects (A collaborative initiative between Chicago University and AMRITA Vishwa Vidyapeetham) by providing the pharmacogenomic research activities.
- Major Academic Projects of 6 months - 1 Year Duration meant for the P.G Students.
- Ph.D Training - Research Projects