Recognitions for Amrita Center for Wireless Networks and Applications (AmritaWNA)
Amrita Spandanam: A Wearable Wireless System for Real-Time Monitoring of Cardiac Patients
The Amrita Spandanam prototype has been unveiled on September 26, 2013, at Amritavarsham60, The 60th Birthday Celebrations of Sri Mata Amritanandamayi Devi (Amma). Following Amma's instructions, the prototype has been designed so that even India's poor will be able to avail of its use.
Rajya Sabha Encourages Amrita Real Time Landslide Monitoring and Detection System
The Minister of State for Planning, Science & Technology and Earth Sciences Dr. Ashwani Kumar stated in Rajya Sabha that so far no technology system is developed to predict natural calamities in the country. A pilot deployment of a tailored real time wireless sensor network (WSN) is designed and developed by the Amrita Center for Wireless Networks & Applications (AmritaWNA), Amrita University for monitoring and detection of heavy rainfall induced landslides only over a selected hill slope of Munnar, Kerala.
Toward the goal of bringing together renowned researchers and practitioners with an interest in humanitarian applications of emerging technologies, we invite you to the first ever - International Conference on Wireless Technologies for Humanitarian Relief. (ACWR2011) The conference will be held on the beautiful backwaters of Kerala, India, from December 18th to 21st 2011.
This conference will be composed of research presentations, keynote lectures, invited presentations, tutorials, panel discussions, and poster presentations. The conference will attract educators, researchers, technologists and students to share their knowledge and expertise in teaching and learning in order to stimulate high quality research work in wireless and related technologies and its specific importance and relevance to providing humanitarian relief.
With the keynote speaker, plenary sessions, workshops, and forums examining the integration of wireless technology into all facets of humanitarian relief, the conference will provide participants with a forum for intensive interdisciplinary interaction and collegial debate that will be of great societal value. Those attending ACWR2011 will leave with an excellent overview of current thinking and practices in humanitarian applications of emerging technologies.
CREATE UNAOC AWARD FOR AMRITA SANSKAR APP
Sanskar, an interactive Android app, developed by Mr. Rahul Krishnan from the Amrita Center for Wireless Networks and Applications under the guidance of Dr. Maneesha Ramesh was shortlisted among the top five finalist applications in the 2012 Create UNAOC Challenge, an international competition for app developers that sought to introduce new avenues for intercultural dialogue.
NABARD RURAL INNOVATION AWARD FOR AMRITA
Dr. Maneesha V. Ramesh, Director, Amrita Centre for Wireless Networks and Applications received the Runners-Up Award for Rural Innovations from NABARD.Dr. Maneesha received the award from Shri. P. Chidambaram, Honorable Union Finance Minister on October 17, in a ceremony organized at the Municipal Convention Centre in New Delhi, on behalf of the Amrita Center for Wireless Networks and Applications.
BEST PAPER AWARD FOR AMRITAWNA
An Amrita research paper titled Real-Time Monitoring and Detection of Heart Attack using Wireless Sensor Networks was awarded the best paper at SENSORCOMM 2010, the 4th International Conference on Sensor Technologies and Applications.
AMRITA PAPER WINS TOP PAPER AWARD
Amrita’s paper Real-Time Wireless Sensor Network for Landslide Detectionwas awarded a top paper award in the recently concluded conferenceSENSORCOMM 2009 held in Athens, Greece. This Third International Conference on Sensor Technologies and Applications was co-sponsored by IARIA (International Academy, Research and Industry Association), specifically its Workgroup on Sensors and the IEEE Computer Society, Greece Chapter.
- Selected for Twinning masters degree from Vrije University (VU), Amsterdam. She has completed her first year M. Tech. from Amrita University and second year from VU, Amsterdam. She is the first student to get selected for the dual degree program at the VU.
- Rahul Krishnan, PhD Scholar, AmritaWNA received a cash prize of Rs. 3, 00,000 for "SANSKAR the Interactive Android App" at Create UNAOC Challenge-2012.
- Ashik Anand, Deepak N. D. , Ayyappan Ajan and Diljith P. C., final year B. Tech. EEE won the IEEE Region-10 Award for Humanitarian Challenge 2013 with a cash prize of Rs. 1, 00,000/- for the paper "Landslide Early Warning system using Strain Gauges".
- Dhanesh Raj, M. Tech. WNA won Bright Idea Award 2014 for his paper "Real Time Urethra Control using EAP for urinary incontinence" and same paper received Innovation Seed Grand of Amrita TBI which include cash prize Rs. 25000. "
- Keerthi Mohan, M. Tech. WNA, 2012-2014 batch received Bright Idea Award 2014 (Amrita TBI) for her paper titled “Channel Model for Wireless Implantable Targeted Drug Delivery System.”
- Ms. Rosmi Rehman, (Batch 2013-2015) selected for Twinning masters degree from Vrije University (VU), Amsterdam.
- Ms. Arya Devi R. D. won the TCS Scholarship " TCS Research Scholar Program."
- Mr. Alin Devassy selected for Internship at Analog Devices in the area "6LoWPAN/IPv6 Based Wireless Sensor Networks"
Academic Year 2010 - 2012
Academic Year 2009 - 2011 .
Aryadevi R. D.
Academic Year 2009 - 2011