Automobile Gearbox Fault Diagnosis using Naive Bayes and Decision Tree Algorithm.
Publication Type:Journal Article
Source:Applied Mechanics & Materials, Volume 813/814, p.943-948 (2015)
Gearbox plays a vital role in various fields in the industries. Failure of any component in the gearbox will lead to machine downtime. Vibration monitoring is the technique used for condition based maintenance of gearbox. This paper discusses the use of machine learning techniques for automating the fault diagnosis of automobile gearbox. Our experimental study monitors the vibration signals of actual automobile gearbox with simulated fault conditions in the gear and bearing. Statistical features are extracted and classified for identifying the faults using decision tree and Naïve Bayes technique. Comparison of the techniques for determining the classification accuracy is discussed.
Cite this Research Publication
Related Research Publications
- Fault Diagnosis of Automobile Gearbox Based on Machine Learning Techniques
- Fault diagnosis of roller bearing using fuzzy classifier and histogram features with focus on automatic rule learning
- Fault diagnosis of helical gear box using variational mode decomposition and random forest algorithm
- Vibration-based fault diagnosis of spur bevel gear box using fuzzy technique
- Vibration based fault diagnosis of a hydraulic brake system using Variational Mode Decomposition (VMD)