Amrita Center for Entrepreneurship
ACE is instituted with the objective of infusing entrepreneurial spirit to help budding talents achieve their goals with the university’s excellent infrastructure, mentoring and technical assistance. The center is setup to have a multifarious role that will help in the creation of a powerful ACE community, creation of student clubs, high-impact entrepreneurship programs, generation of opportunities, organizing leadership development programs, etc.
- Design, develop and execute high impact entrepreneurship programs and create opportunities for Amrita students at local and national levels. The programs include talks, games and exercises, short courses, events, mentoring, incubation and networking.
- Form student clubs in each campus to promote entrepreneurship.
- Create a powerful ‘ACE Community’ by bringing in institutional members, hiring/seeking support from faculty, mentors and experts, besides identifying student leaders to form Entrepreneurship Clubs.
- Develop the capacity of ACE to run a mature set of entrepreneurship development programs over the next 3 to 5 years.
The capacity building services cover:
- Consulting – to help constituent schools and other institutions who seek assistance to design, develop and execute entrepreneurship programs, facilitate and run networking activities and events and connect them to other resources available at Amrita.
- Faculty Development – where faculty members are trained to become mentors of entrepreneurs and work with entrepreneurs as part of the faculty development courses. ACE would design and develop courses in collaboration with industry experts and organize lectures on entrepreneurship.
- Coordinate regular leadership development workshops/events and recognize students who head campus-based entrepreneurship cell.
- Create a team of volunteers who may be entrepreneurs, academicians, venture capitalists or other professionals, who would participate in ACE programs as speakers, mentors or judges.
- Setup e-clubs to provide dynamic networking, skill building and support for ACE registrants.
- Provide an eco-system that will kindle, nurture, and support the innate desire and ideas lying dormant in the individual and create avenues to fructify those ideas into meaningful enterprises.
Camps and International Seminars on Entrepreneurship
A three-day camp on Entrepreneurship, sponsored by DST in association with Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India, Ahmedabad, and a workshop on “Entrepreneurship and Business plans”, was conducted in association with Nurture Talent Academy, India’s first institute for training entrepreneurs, and IIT, Delhi. An International Seminar on “Role of SMEs in Defense and Aerospace”, was organized in association with SIATI, supported by CODISSIA.