Activities at Department of Mechanical Engineering, Bengaluru Campus
WORKSHOPS / SEMINARS / CONFERENCES ATTENDED
- Dr.Veeresh Kumar.G.B., attended a NAAC-Sponsored National Seminar on Curriculum Design for Sustainable and Societal Development: A Road Map, held during 12th-13th Aug 2016 atAmrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham(University), Coimbatore, organized by Amrita School of Engineering, Coimbatore.
- Mr. Vinod Kotebavi, attendeda workshop on 'COMSOL for Teaching and Research' programheld on June 15th 2016, at Royal Orchid Central, Dickenson Road, Bengaluru. They introduced use of powerful simulation tools that boost research. They arranged Hands-on minicourses to takethrough the basic steps in building Multiphysics models and apps.
Mr. Vinod Kotebavi(Assistant Professor – Sr Gr) attended workshop on “how to handle your car when it breaks down” exclusively for SAEINDIA Bangalore section's members on June 11th, 2016. It was organized by SAEINDIA, Bangalore section at Navnit Motors, near Electronic city. Mr.MunirathnamDhananjayan, MD,Focus Engineering & BMW certified after sales consultant, also member of the management committee of SAEINDIA,Bangalore section, handled the workshop.
- Ravi Kumar V, attended a workshop on,”NBA Accreditation Process “during 28thFebruary- 4th to 4th March 2016 organized at SJB Institute of Technology, Bengaluru.
- RakeshS.G, Nagaraja S.R, Vinod Kotebavi, Akhil Jand Sandeep Koundinya, attended 4th National Symposium on shock waves (NSSW-4),held during 25th -26th February 2016, organized by Society of Shock Wave Research (India) in coordination with Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore and Karunya Institute of Technology and sciences, coimbatore.
- Dr. DebjyotiSahu, participated in the National course on Recent Trends in Fuel cell Technology, Conducted under the Technical Education Quality Improvement Programme sponsored by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India held during 28-29th December 2015 at Centre for Education Technology IIT Guwahati.
- Dr. Veeresh Kumar. G. B, attended the workshop on CEP course:Coordinators’ Workshop on Technical Communication organized by IIT Bombay during 24-28th August 2015 at IIT Bombay, Mumbai.
- Dr. Nagaraja.S.R,Mr.VinodKotebavi,Mr.BhanuPrakash.S.,&Mr.Akhil.J attended a workshopCOMSOL CONFERENCE 2014 held during 13th -14th Nov 2014 at Hotel Park Plaza, Bengaluru.
- Pramod R, Mohan Kumar S, attended a one day Workshop on “Aerospace and Defence Co-Design to Target” at Taj West End, Bengaluru held on 28th May 2014.
- Dr. Veeresh Kumar G.B., attended a workshop on “Recent Trends in Manufacturing” held during 27-28 March 2014 at Amrita School of Engineering, Ettimadai.
- Mr.Vinod Kotebavi, Assistant professor attended One week Coordinators Workshop on Fluid Mechanics Conducted by IIT Kharagpur from 11th March to 15th March held under the national mission on education through ICT ( MHRD)
- R Pramod, Assistant Professor attended Indian Sustainability Congress as a delegate from 04th March to 05th March at Hotel Atria, Bangalore.
- Dr.T.Srinivas. Rao, Associate Professor, attended a Workshop on " Advanced Metrology, Inspection & Caliberation Techniques in Modern Production Industries" organized by Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Kollam during March 3 -5, 2014
- Mrs.Mrudula Prashanth, Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, attended a Three-day FDP on “Achieving Organizational Excellence Through Modern Industrial Engineering Techniques” form 20th to 22nd February 2014, organized by Department of IEM, MSRIT, Bengaluru under TEQIP at MSRIT, Bengaluru.
- Mr. Shashi Kumar M E and Mrs. Deepthi Y P, Assistant Professors, Department of Mechanical Engineering, have participated in Three-day Workshop on “Research Methodologies & LaTeX” organised by VTU e-Learning Centre, Mysore from 20th to 22nd Feb, 2014 at K.S.School of Engineering and Management, Bengaluru.
- Mr. Vinod Kotebavi, Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, attended workshop on “Advanced flow diagnostics for high speed flows “on 19 feb 2014, organized by Department of Aerospace Engineering, Indian institute of Science, Bengaluru.
- Smita Singh attended one day Author’s Workshop on 13th Feb 2014 organized by VTU and Springer at Senate Hall, Central College.
- Prashanth B N, Pramod R and Mohan Kumar S attended one day FDP on “Springer Author Workshop” organized jointly by VTU, Belgaum and Springer on 13th February 2014, held at Central College, Bengaluru.
- Dr. S R Nagaraja and Mr.R Pramod attended two day workshop on Basic and Advanced Engineering Simulations using COMSOL at Shilton Royale, Bangalore from 22/01/14 to 23/01/14.
- Mr.Prashanth.B.N, Assistant professor, Dept of Mechanical Engineering, attended one day workshop“Introductory Talk on Digital Manufacturing, A Next Generation Technology” on 10th January 2014, organized by EDS Technologies Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore.
- The following faculty members attended Two-week ISTE Workshop on "Fluid Mechanics", under the National Mission on Education through ICT, MHRD (Govt. of India), from 20th to 30th May 2013 held at Amrita School of Engineering, Bangalore through distance mode using the AVIEW technology from IIT, Kharagpur.
WORKSHOPS / SEMINARS / CONFERENCES ORGANIZED
The Department of Mechanical Engineering, School of Engineering, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham University, Bengaluru campus organized “International Conference on Advances in Materials and Manufacturing Applications – 2016 (IConAMMA - 2016) in association withIOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering during 14th July to 16th July, 2016. All accepted papers of IConAMMA 2016 will be published by IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, which is indexed through Conference Proceedings Citation Index – Science (CPCI-S), Thomson Reuters, Web of Science, Scopus, Compendex, Inspec, INIS (International Nuclear Information System), Chemical Abstracts, NASA Astrophysics Data System Polymer Library. All presented papers will have an open access and will be available on http://iopscience.iop.org/1757-899X/
The inaugural function was conducted on 14th July 2016. Dr. Rakesh S. G., Associate Dean, Amrita School of Engineering, Bengaluru briefed the gathering about Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham. Br. Dhanraj Swamiji – Director Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Bengaluru Campusblessed the gathering. Dr. Veeresh Kumar. G. B, Chair IConAMMA – 2016 talked about the conference theme and objectives. Dr. Nagaraja S. R. introduced the chief guest and guest editors. Prof. C S P Rao and Prof. S Basavarajappa, the Guest Editors for the conference proceedings, shared their valuable experience with the participants. The Chief Guest of IConAMMA, Sri Sudhir Kumar Mishra, C.E.O. & M.D., BrahMoS Aerospace, New Delhi, delivered the key note address on “Development of the BrahMoS Missiles”.Mr. Pramod R, proposed the vote of thanks.
A total of 506 papers from INDIA, U.S.A, Israel, Ethiopia, Malaysia, Australia, Singapore and Germany were received. After a double peer review process by review and advisory by subject experts across the globe, 246 papers were accepted, 226 registered and 202 presented in the proceedings of IConAMMA 2016 by means of oral presentations in 6 parallel and a total of 47 technical sessions. During the conference M/s DUCOM Instruments Pvt. Ltd., Bengalurugave a demo session of their equipments.
Dr. Rakesh S. G., Dr. Nagaraja S. R., Dr. T. Srinivas Rao, Dr. Debjyoti Sahu, Mr. Phanibhushana. M. V. and Mr.Ravi Kumar. V chaired technical sessions in the conference.
All the faculty and staff members actively participated in the event to make it a grand success.
- A two days’ workshop on “Micro & Smart systems Technology” was organized by Mr.BasavrajuNoolvi, Mr. RaviKumar.Von 10/09/15 to 11/09/2015 Mr.M.V. Phanibhushana, Mrs.MrudulaPrashanth, Mr.Pramod.R,Mr.MohanKumar.S co-ordianted the event.[Report]
- Department of Mechanical Organized a workshop on COMSOL Anaysis and Simulation software on 30th Jan 2015. Faculty of Mechanical and other departments attended the event which was held at Krishna hall from 1:30 pm to 3:30pm.
- Vinod Kotebavi organized a Two-week ISTE Workshop on "Fluid Mechanics", under the National Mission on Education through ICT, MHRD (Govt. of India) from 20th to 30th May 2013 held at Amrita School of Engineering, Bangalore through distance mode using the AVIEW technology from IIT, Kharagpur.
Prakash Marimuthu conducted a workshop on "Effective Use of MS Word and Endnote Software" on 26th May 2014 at Amrita School of Engineering, Bangalore.
- Mr. Prakash Marimuthu.K conducted a “Workshop on effective use of MS Word and Endnote software” on 15-03-2014.
- Two-Week ISTE Workshop on Engineering Mechanics from 26/11/2013 to 6/12/2013 ,under the National Mission on Education through ICT(MHRD,Govt of India) conducted by IIT Bombay was co-ordinated by Ms.Smitha Singh and Research centre co-ordinator Dr.G.B.Veeresh at Amrita school of Engineering, Bengaluru campus from 26/11/2013 to 6/12/2013.
- The workshop is a part of the project of National Mission on Education through ICT, supported by MHRD. Under this project called “Empowerment of Students & Teachers through Synchronous & Asynchronous Instruction. The participating teachers attended the workshop and also attended tutorial and lab sessions conducted at the Amrita. The lecture transmission and live interaction took place through distance mode using the AVIEW technology and the internet.
- The valedictory programme was hosted by Amrita School of Engineering,Bangalore. Prof. U.N. Gaitonde from IIT Bombay had presided over the function. The chief guest for the event was Prof. V.S. Chandrasekaran from IIMB. The 2 hour event was telecasted to over 200 remote centres all over India.
RECENT FACULTY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMMES
- Mr.Dileep .B.P,Assistant Professor,Department of Mechanical Engineering , attended one day workshop on Composite materials and applications held at vijaya vital institute of technology, bangalore on 26th October 2013.
- Mr. B.N.Prashanth, and Mr. R. Pramod, Assistant professors, Department of Mechanical Engineering, attended a one day FDP on “PRERNA 2013, An Industry – Academia Interaction Event” jointly organized by EDS Technologies Pvt. Ltd. & M.S. Ramaiah Institute of Technology on 26th September 2013, held at M.S. Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bangalore.
- R Pramod, Assistant Professor attended one day academic workshop on MATLAB and SIMULINK at VivantaTaj, Bangalore organized by Mathworks- India as a part of Matlab Academic Tour 2013 on 17/09/2013 organized by Math Works ,India, at NIMHANS Convention centre.
- M V Phanibhushana, V Ravi Kumar, R Pramod,Prashanth B N, Dileep B P, Mohan Kumar S and Balasubramanium H S, Assistant Professors attended THREE DAYS WORKSHOP ON RESEARCH METHODOLOGIES AND LATEX organized by VTU, E-Learning Centre, Mysore at Ghousia College of Engineering, Ramanagaram from 27th July to 29th July 2013.
A session was held on 11th of August, 2016 by Mr. Bhanu Prakash, Manager – Learning Solutions and Mr. Kiran M S, Application Engineer – PLM Support, EDS Technologies Pvt. Ltd., Bengaluru. The session was organized for S5 Mechanical Engineering students to educate them about the CAD software - Catia V5. An overview of various advantages through the knowledge of Catia and a wide range of developments in the PLM environment at the industry level was given by the delegate. The session provided an insight into the industrial working methods and the fundamental readiness required for competing with other job aspirants.
An Invited Talk on Catia V5 and CREO Parametric by Cyber Metric Services India Pvt. Ltd. Bengaluru was organized by the forum on 5th August 2016.Mr. A U Monnappa, Technical Head, Cyber Metric Services India Pvt. Ltd. Bengaluru, conducted a short session for the students of S2 and S5 ME, ASE, Bengaluru. A glimpse of CAD softwares namely, Catia V5 and CREO Parametric was given to create the awareness of career opportunities that can open up due to knowledge of the same and also to promote active learning beyond the college curriculum so as to gain an extra edge over the competitors vying for the same opportunities as others.
A Demonstration of 3D Printing Technology by CADD Centre, Bengaluru was organized on 4th August 2016 by the forum. Mr. Vidya Shankar M N, Business head – GSC and Mr. Yuvaraj, Zonal Head, CADD Centre, Bengaluru delivered an invited talk on 3D Printing Technology .The session began with an introduction on the major advantages and unfolding opportunities of 3D Printing, followed by an analysis of the day to day uses of 3D printing, viz., manufacturing of artificial body parts in the industry of medicine, the general cut down in production costs, as both plastic and metals can now be base materials in 3D printing. The session concluded with a demonstration of the 3D Printing of a plastic gear model. Students of 3S and 5S ME attended the event.
SAEINDIA Collegiate Club, ASE Bangalore has qualified for the Main BAJA SAEINDIA. BAJA is an event for the undergraduate engineering students, organized globally by the Society of Automotive Engineers. The Virtual Baja is the first round in this competition, and it was held on 24th June at Christ University, Bangalore. Five students from a team of 25, represented the Collegiate Club. They gave a presentation on the virtual design of their All-terrain vehicle and online exam.
Industrial Visit to ‘Ashok-Leyland’ - SAEINDIA Collegiate club ASE Bangalore, organized an industrial visit to Ashok-Leyland plant on 15th April 2016 for SAEINDIA student members. The plant is located in Hosur -Tamil Nadu. 39 students of 6S Mechanical Engineering along with two faculty members Mr. Vinod Kotebavi and V Ravikumar visited the plant. The manufacturing plant is completely dedicated for engine manufacturing. From the manufacturing of ‘engine head’ to the final assembly, all the processes were completely shown and explained to students by the engineers present in the plant. This industrial visit to Ashok-Leyland has given students a practical experience of what they have learned about IC-Engines in the theory course.
Auto Mechanika is an event conducted by Ingenium in collaboration with SAEINDIA from 8th March 2016 to 12th March 2016. The event consisted of a 5 days’ seminar aimed at giving an insight into the modern day engines, transmission systems, exhaust norms and other improvements in automotive technology.
The event was executed in a way that the students had to take up a specific component or topic and with the help of videos and Power Point Presentations, had to explain the working and advancements in technology when compared to the conventional engines. The audience were passionate about the automobiles and highly appreciated the event. This was followed by a competition where 5 finalists were asked to design, an engine based on the given requirements. The best team was awarded. The 3rd year ME students mainly participated in the event.
Industrial visit to Varahi and Kaiga Power Plants - An Industrial visit to Varahi and Kaiga Power Plant was organized for 6S ME students by the forum on 25/02/2016. Mr. Ravi Kumar, the mentor of the forum and Mr. BasavarajNoolvi, &Mr. Dileep B. P, Assistant professors, Mechanical Department accompanied the students.T. Viswajit V. Sai Teja, Padma Ooha& P.L.NSriHarsha of 6S ME co-ordinated the event.
“The Varahi Hydroelectric power station and Kaiga Nuclear power” plant is located along the Varahi River and along Kali River respectively. This visit was organized to give an industrial exposure, also to make them learn and appreciate the practical use of machines and equipment in large scale industries.
Screw up your brain with Ingenium V - The event was held on 25/02/16. The topic of discussion was, the working of a cross bow, the way they were made and used in the past which was followed by the Mythbuster section with the topic “Dental floss ,the latest Hacksaw…” with a real life example of an escapade of a prisoner using dental floss to break bars to evade to the outside world. A total of 43 students attended this event.
Polymer Casting - The event was held on 19/02/2016. 69 Students of 1st, 2nd and 3rd year attended the event in 23 groups of 3 per group. Participants were asked to use patterns and cast it by making a mold. An ISO Polymer was used for preparing the cast.
At first a demonstration was given on how to prepare a mould and cast the material.The students were provided with the facilities and were asked to prepare the cast. Students prepared the moulds and poured the liquid polymer with accelerator and hardener into the molds and allowed it to solidify for a day. Next day participants removed their cast from the moulds and cleaned the cast using sand paper. The event was judged by Mr. Dileep, Assistant professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering.
G. Pradeep kumar, J. Pridhvi Raj, R. Mageshwar of 4S won the first place and Ch. GunaSekhar 4S, A. Hemateja, & C. Vineeth won the second place in senior category.
Abhitej, K.Jayarami Reddy &K.N.V.Shankar of 2S won the first place, Charan&Anudeep of 2S won the second place in junior category.
The event had a healthy participation from students of 2S, 4S &6S and it helped them gain an experience of simple casting technique.
Bridge the Gap- On Friday, 16th February 2016 Ingenium conducted an event called “Bridge the gap”. The objective of the event was to construct a bridge with the given materials. The students from all branches of Amrita School of Engineering attended this event.
The participants were asked to build a bridge between two desks separated by a certain distance. They were provided with cardboard, black chart paper, glue, ice cream sticks, thread and a cutter. The time allotted to them to accomplish the task was one hour. Around 70 participants took part in nineteen groups of four per group. The bridges were judged on four categories namely design, creativity, strength and use of materials. Scores were provided for each of these categories individually and summed up to judge the winner. The Judges of the event were Mr. BasavarajNoolvi, Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, ASE, Bengaluru.
Rohit, Varun&Vishal of 6S ME won the I place and the Runners-up were Ebin Jose Akash P.M &Anand of 2S ME.
Screw up your brain with Ingenium-IV- The event was conducted on 11th feb 2016, this is in continuation with the previous event Screw up your brain III. Around 76 students from Second and Fourth semester participated in the event. It had two phases.<br /> Phase I- Discussion about mechanism: A brief discussion on aircraft carrier’s landing and take-off mechanism were explained in detail by the club secretary Viswajit. A lot of questions were raised on the topic which were adequately answered.<br /> Phase II-Myth Buster: The popular myth, “Can a penny dropped from the Empire State Building kill a person?” was discussed. The students thoroughly enjoyed the event .They left the classroom, learning new mechanisms and also were happy about the event.
As a part of SAEINDIA, SAE OFF- HIGHWAY BOARD organized SINE (Student INdustry Education) - 2105 a workshop to aspire women engineers in the field of Off- Highway industry. This two weeks induction program 13-12-2015 to 24-12-2015 on Off- Highway companies was held in Pune, Maharashtra with the support of 9 organizations (John Deere, Ansys, Eaton, Caterpillar, Varroc, Cummins, PTC, ARAI, COEP) along with 25 women engineers, selected across India from 22 different universities.
D. Manaswini (BL.EN.U4MEE13029) of 5S from Amrita School of Engineering – Bengaluruwas selected for this workshop. The overall agenda of this workshop was to create awareness about Off- Highway industry among women engineers. In the span of 2 weeks there were interactive sessions with CEO’s, Marketing Heads, and senior most employees and provided an opportunity to learn about their experiences, challenges they faced in this industry and the way they resolved with a great team spirit.
The student visited manufacturing plants, assembly lines, IOC centers, testing centers where she acquired a practical knowledge on product life cycle and the challenges they faced during the course of different processes. This workshop gave her a broader perspectiveabout industrial environment and co-ordination of different departments to achieve an effective output for betterment of company, without compromising on core values of the organization. In brief this workshop taught her about Off- Highway industry, its scope for new innovations in the area, production management and acted as a bridge between theoretical knowledge and Industrial requirement.
SAEINDIA Collegiate club organized a workshop on “Introduction to I.C Engines” on 7th & 8th October. The event was basically meant to introduce the students to the world of internal combustion engine. SAE club student members organized this event. On the first day they covered theoretical explanation of the engines and on the second day they did practical demonstration of the engines. The first day garnered the participation of around eighty students from various disciplines. The second day of practical demonstration received enthralling response of one hundred fifty students who actively participated in the event.
An Industrial Visitto Chennai for 55 students of S5 Mechanical was organized by INGENIUM on 26th and 27th of February 2015. The students visited the premises of Ltd on the 26 February. Danfossis a Fortune 500 company involved in the production of refrigerants and valves. The students visited the assembly line of the pressure process controller and air moisture filter. On the 27 February a visit was made to manufacturing unit – II of On Load Gear Pvt Ltd. On Load Gear (OLG) are major manufacturers of vacuum circuit breakers, Switch Panels, Gear boxes and gears. The entire trip was organized to serve as a bridge between the students learning and understanding. The students were exposed to the routines and practices followed in factories.Mr. Ravi Kumar.VandMr. Divakar Shetty A.S.Assistant Professors, Department of Mechanical Engineering accompanied the students .A seminar was organized by INGENIUM, for the 115 students of S4 Mechanical on 13th February 2015 related to the topic trends.
A trip was organized by Ingenium for students of S4 Mechanical Engineering to IMTEX 2015, on 24 January 2015, at Bangalore International Exhibition Centre on Tumkur Road. 52 students made use of the opportunity. The students were showcased the very latest trends as well as technology refinement from India and other global players like South Korea, Germany, China etc in the field of Machine tools.
A total of 15 students (grouped into 6 teams) participated in this National Level competition. Around 260 teams from all over India participated in this event.The top 5 finalists are D R Adinath, K VikasBhat, Vivek G, RonyRobbson and Vaishakh Chandrashekaran of S4.
The following students of Department of Mechanical Engineering, ASE Bangalore who qualified the zonal rounds (held at ASE Bangalore), attended the Automobile Championship held at IIT Delhi. The event was organized by Robosapiens Technologies in collaboration with Tryst 2015(IIT Techinical fest) It was held from 27th Feb to 2nd March 2015. The event comprised of two quiz competitions and a final round, which was a hands on assembly of an engine.
The SAEINDIA collegiate club, ASE Bangalore, in association with Robosapiens Technologies Pvt Ltd, Delhi, conducted Two days workshop on ‘Automobile Engine Mechanics’ in our campus on 15th and 16th of November 2014 under the able guidance of Mr. VinodKotebavi, Asst Prof (Sr –Gr) Department of Mechanical Engineering and co-ordinated by Mr. Atulyaudaykumar and Mr. R Praveen of S5 Mech. It is an International level Automobile Championship and workshop series hosted by Robosapiens Technologies Pvt Ltd and IIT Delhi. A total of 58 Students (55 from ASE Bangalore and 3 from other colleges) registered for this event. The following three groups have qualified for the final round which will be held in IIT Delhi in March 2015.
A wax casting event was held at the Foundry lab by Ingenium and Kala (the art club) on 18th October 2014 from 3:30-4:30 pm. 20 teams with 2 members a team participated. The participants were to make a mould and pour molten wax into the moulds to obtain castings of the mould. Cash prizes of Rs.350 and Rs.200 were given to the first place winning team and second place winning team respectively.
Student of 5S and 7S Mechanical Engineering visited Aircraft Systems and Testing Establishment, HAL, Yemalur ,Bengaluru, on 8th october 2014 as a part of industrial visit organized by Ingenium forum,Mechanical Department under the mentorship of Mr.RaviKumar.V. Mr.Raghavendra Ravikiran, Mr.Dileep.B.P and Mr.Akhil.J, faculty of the department of Mechanical Engineering accompanied the students. Students had a close interaction with engineers of ASTE and could learn about their valuable experiences. They got the chance to see various aircraft designs and models.
A talk by a delegation from Pro/E Creo CAD Training Center was organized for the students of 140 S3 Mechanical on the topic "Designing on PTC Creo" by CMS Technologies Pvt. Ltd at E-Learning Hall. The students were given an insight on the advantages of CMS-Pro\E course and how it has been developed to cater to Engineering students seeking to improve their employment prospects by improving their skills and build their career through higher productivity and technical expertise. The talk was organized on 20th August 2014 at E-Learning hall.
A talk on “Digital Solutions in PLM” was organized by Ingenium club under the able mentorship of Mr. Ravi Kumar.V on 19/8/2014. The programme was organized at Krishna Hall. 50 students of 5S, Mechanical Engineering attended the same The resource person was Mr. G. V Ravi Kumar, Head-Training and EDS Technologies Private Limited, who gave an excellent insight into the topic and shared his experience at Ashok Leyland Pvt Ltd. and at EDS Technologies. He explained how PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) is being revolutionized by using digital solutions like CATIA by saving time, money and effort and why it is important in today’s industries. The session was highly interactive with students involving in the discussion.
A technical talk on “Basics of Machining” was organized by Ingenium club under the able mentorship of Mr.Ravi Kumar.V on 6/8/2014. Mr. Prasanna, Head Training, Guhring Private limited was the resource person. He delivered a talk on the machining processes and its application in tool cutting industries. It was an interactive session with loads of videos to aid visualisation on the topic. The students had an excellent insight to what the cutting tool industries do, challenges faced by them and how they overcome it. The Seminar was attended by 120 S5 & S7 Mechanical students at E- Learning Hall.
The following students of SAEINDIA collegiate club attended the 'Virtual Baja 2014' ,representing 'Amrita School Of Engineering' ,which was organized by SAE India on the 1st and 2nd August at the Gujarat Technical University, Ahmedabad. Mr. Vinod Kotebavi guided the team as a faculty advisor. The Team consisted of 25 students.
Sugosh G, (VII Semester Mech)Baja SAEINDIA is an intercollegiate design competition run by the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE). Teams of students from universities all over the world design and build small off-road cars.
Arjun Kanoor (VII Semester Mech)
Satya Praveen (V Semester Mech)
Atulya Uday Kumar (V Semester Mech)
- SAEINDIA Collegiate Club ASE Bengaluru arranged a Technical Talk on MEMS Technology on 5.03.2014 at 2.30pm in E-Learning center. Speaker for the talk was Mr. Mithun B - Product manager Sri Dutt technologies, Bangalore.
- SAEINDIA Collegiate Club ASE Bangalore and the Mechanical Dept Forum arranged a Technical Talk on Aircraft Designing by P.R. Tejasvi ( CEO of Angle of Attack Systems LLP) on 21.03.2014, 2.30pm in at Krishna hall.