BIOCREST 2021 uses Zoom Meeting as the Online Meeting Platform
BIOCREST 2021, International Symposium on AMR, Man vs Microbes will be held on Zoom using Zoom Meeting links. Like the in-person symposium, participants will need to switch from the oral sessions to the poster presentations, and to the networking sessions.
- Access to BIOCREST 2021 sessions is limited to registered attendees only and links are not to be shared with unregistered attendees. The organizers will be monitoring the attendees to ensure that everyone is registered.
- All attendees will be required to use their full name and name of organization while in Zoom to validate their registration. Display Name Format in Zoom. Attendees must rename themselves to their first name, last name, and Organization upon entry. (Example: Amit Bachan, Amrita University).
How to Change Your Display Name in Zoom:
- Once you are in the Zoom Meeting or Zoom Webinar, click on the “Participants” button at the top of the Zoom window.
- Next, hover your mouse over your name in the “Participants” list on the right side of the Zoom window.
- Click on “Rename.”
- Enter the name you’d like to appear (following the format noted above) and click “OK” when finished.
- All the sessions will be recorded.
- You’ll be provided access to a page on the BIOCREST website and also emailed all links prior the conference where you can view the agenda with the Zoom Meetings links. Please do not share these links. Please save these links or keep this page easily accessible to view the links throughout the day.
Zoom Meeting Tips to Attend Online Symposium.
To adjust the size of the slides being presented relative to the size of the presenter video, use the “handle” as outlined by the red box below.
To zoom in on what is being shared on the screen, scroll to the top of the Zoom window and hover over the screen sharing toolbar. Click the “View Options” drop-down menu and hover over “Zoom Ratio” then select from the options available (i.e. Fit to Window, 50%, 100%).
- Keep your video on as much as possible in meetings to create a collaborative environment
- Please mute yourselves by clicking the Mute button.
- Please use the Zoom Chat when in Zoom meetings to ask questions to the presenters.
- Speaker View vs. Gallery View: To switch from Active Speaker View, tap Switch to Gallery view in the upper-left corner of the Zoom window. If you do not see the controls, tap your screen to get them to appear. This will switch into Gallery View, which allows you to view up to 9 people at a time.