'Pharmaceutical Analysis - Practical' is a course offered in the third year of Pharm. D. program at School of Pharmacy, Health Sciences campus, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham.
Course Duration: 3 Hrs./Week
List of Experiments:
- Separation and identification of Amino Acids by Paper Chromatography.
- Separation and identification of Sulpha drugs by TLC technique.
- Effect of pH and solvent on the UV spectrum of given compound.
- Comparison of the UV spectrum of a compound with that of its derivatives.
- Determination of dissociation constant of indicators using UV-Visible spectroscopy.
- Conductometric titration of mixture of acids with a strong base.
- Potentiometric titration of a acid with a strong base.
- Estimation of drugs by Fluorimetric technique.
- Study of quenching effect in fluorimetry.
- Colourimetric estimation of Supha drugs using BMR reagent.
- Simultaneous estimation of two drugs present in given formulation.
- Assay of Salicylic Acid by colourimetry.
- Determination of Chlorides and Sulphates in Calcium gluconate by Nepheloturbidimetric Method.
- Determination of Na/K by Flame Photometry.
- Determination of pKa using pH meter.
- Determination of specific rotation.
- Comparison of the IR spectrum of a compound with that of its derivatives.
- Demonstration of HPLC.
- Demonstration of HPTLC.
- Demonstration of GC-MS.
- Demonstration of DSC.
- Interpretation of NMR spectra of any one compound.
- Text Book of Pharm. Analysis by Higuchi. T and Hasen. E. B., New York Inter Science Publishers.
- Quantitative Pharma. Analysis by Jenkins, The Blakiston division, New York.
- Quantitative Drug Analysis, by Garrot. D, Chapman & Hall Ltd., London.
- Undergraduate Instrumental Analysis by James. E., CBS Publishers.
- Instrumental Analysis by Willard and Merritt, EWP, East West Press Ltd., Delhi/Madras.
- Pharm Analysis by Skoog and West, Sounders Manipal College Publishing.
- Text Book of Chemical Analysis, by A.I.Vogel, ELBS with Macmillan press, Hampshire.
- Textbook of Pharm. Analysis by K.A.Connors, John Wiley & Sons, New York, Brisbane, Singapore.
- Textbook of Pharm. Analysis (Practical) by Beckett & Stenlake, CBS Publishers, Delhi.
- Textbook of Drug Analysis by P.D. Sethi., CBS Publishers, Delhi.
- Spectroscopy by Silverstein, John & Wiley & Sons. Inc., Canada & Singapore.
- How to practise GMP-A Plan for total quality control by P.P. Sharma, Vandana Publications, Agra.
- The Science & Practice of Pharmacy by Remington Vol-I & II, Mack Publishing Co. Pennsylvania.
- TLC by Stahl, Spring Verlay..
- Text Book of Pharm. Chemistry by Chatten, CBS Publications.
- Spectroscopy by William Kemp, ELBS with Macmillan Press, Hampshire
- I.P.-1996, The Controller of Publications, New Delhi.
- BPC- Dept. of Health, U.K. for HMSO.
- USP - Mack Publishing Co., Easton, PA.
- The Extra Pharmacopoeia – The Pharm. Press, London.