Professor Jay Misra was awarded his MBA from Harvard Business School in 1982. He also received a dual B.S. and M.S. in Engineering / Operations Research with honors from the University of Pittsburgh, USA. Due to his strong interest in mathematics, he took college level mathematics courses after the 10th grade.
TEACHING AND PUBLICATIONS:
- Part-Time Professor, Amrita School of Business, India – 2004 to current; Teach Entrepreneurship & Business Strategy. Regularly interact with large company MD’s in India.
- Co-Director, Amrita Center for Sustainable Future - 2014 to present & Program Manager of Amrita Center for International Programs.
- Faculty Member at Stanford Graduate School of Business in latter 80’s and early 90’s.
- Finalist for Distinguished Teaching Award at Stanford Business School. Youngest to be so awarded.
- Guest lectured at Harvard Graduate School of Business in Game Theory in latter 80’s.
- Published two books, “Business Telecommunications: Concepts and Cases in Telematics” and “Business Telematics” published by Irwin and Dow Jones Irwin, in 1987, both publishers ranked among the top for business books. Two HBS case studies on ROLM, Product Introduction, with Stanford GSB student, Cliff Fitgerald.
- Became Private Investor and Philanthropist in 1996. Charter Member of TIE Global in 90’s. Regularly met Bill Gates, Michael Dell, Gordon Moore, and CEO’s of most large technology companies in world.
- Recruited by George Soros, in early 90’s, the world’s most successful investor, to be Managing Director, for his technology investments worldwide. Regularly met the wealthiest people in world.
- Starting investor of 3 high tech startups (1 sold to Novelll, another purchased by Earthlink (>$200 Million in sales), and another sold technology to Cisco). Former Member of several boards of directors, both for profit and in nonprofits. Member of several VC funds.
- In 1990, began investment career at Capital Group (2nd largest investment company in USA, now with $1 trillion in assets), as Vice President, managing the largest technology investment funds worldwide.
- Began professional career after MBA in 1982 with Intel, ROLM, 3Com in product marketing, general management roles.