- Tension test on metals.
- Hardness test on metals using the Rockwell and Brinell equipment.
- Impact tests on metals using the Charpy and Izod equipment.
- Double shear test.
- Helical spring tests.
- Static bending test on Wood.
- Compression tests on Wood.
- Deflection test to verify the Maxwell reciprocal theorem.
In addition to the conventional tests, students are assigned to open lab projects that involve experimental studies including fabrication and setting up unconventional testing methods to understand the basic concepts of strength of materials.