Course Duration: 45 Hours
- Biotechnology has a long promise to revolutionize the biological sciences and technology.
- Scientific application of biotechnology in the field of genetic engineering, medicine and fermentation technology makes the subject interesting.
- Biotechnology is leading to new biological revolutions in diagnosis, prevention and cure of diseases, new and cheaper pharmaceutical drugs.
- Biotechnology has already produced transgenic crops and animals and the future promises lot more.
- It is basically a research-based subject.
Upon completion of the subject student shall be able to;
- Understanding the importance of Immobilized enzymes in Pharmaceutical Industries
- Genetic engineering applications in relation to production of pharmaceuticals
- Importance of Monoclonal antibodies in Industries
- Appreciate the use of microorganisms in fermentation technology