The formal meeting commenced at 10.00 am with prayer by Dr. Akhila (2008 batch BDS and 2015 batch MDS Alumna) and Dr. Sreelakshmi (2012 batch BDS Alumna) and Pooja by Chitharanjan Achan.
Dr. Veena S. Ravi (2006 batch BDS Alumna) and Dr. Sarath (2008 batch BDS Alumnus) made the occasion musical by singing a song in their melodious voice and this was followed by lunch.
By 2.00 pm the Annual General Body Meeting of the ASD alumni began.
The following topics were discussed during the course of the meeting:
- Formation of an Alumni Cell: It was decided to form an alumni cell in the School which will function to address any needs of the alumni from the institution.
- Inclusion of Alumni Column in the Newsletter: A column is devoted to alumni’s achievements and events in the half-yearly newsletters of ASD. This would help to maintain their connection with the alma mater. These newsletters would be mailed to all alumni from the dental school regularly.
- Creating a WhatsApp Group for the Alumni Batch Coordinators: It was suggested that the representatives from a batch can also coordinate with the school alumni coordinators for the future alumni programs by forming a WhatsApp group. This would help better connection and communication with the school.
- Conduct of CDE Programs by the Alumni: A suggestion of conducting CDE programs by the alumni was put forward and Dr. Rajeeev S of 2003 batch was readily willing to conduct a program for the interns of ASD.
- Concession for the Registration Fee of the CDE Programs conducted in ASD for the Alumni: It was suggested that a concession in the registration fee for the CDE programs conducted in the college may be given by the alumni.
- Charging Registration Fee for the Alumni Meets: A proposal for charging a registration fee for the future alumni meets was put forward for the better conduct of the program and it was unanimously decided by all the members to charge Rs 500 per hand from the next annual alumni meet onwards.
- Inviting Former Staff for the Alumni Meetings: A suggestion was made to invite all the former faculty members of ASD for the future alumni meeting.
- Recognition of Alumni Achievements: A suggestion was made to honour the alumni students in the upcoming alumni meetings who have made considerable achievements in their carrier or in community service.
Overall, the members who attended expressed satisfaction and happiness that a sincere attempt was being made to bring all alumni together at ASD and also in considering all the suggestions put forward in the previous meetings. They pledged their full support and co-operation in this regard.
The meeting ended at 4.00 pm with tea and snacks.