B. Sc. in Optometry
B.Sc Optometry is an Undergraduate Program offered by Amrita Center for Allied Health Sciences. Optometry is a health care profession which deals with the examination, diagnosis, treatment and management of diseases and disorders of the visual system. It is a vision care science.
One can also define it as the science of eye equipment (including lenses and spectacles) which is imbued with the idea of improving the vision of the human eye and remove all kinds of obstacles of sight which an individual may experience. This is a dynamic and challenging career, which allows one to help people, achieve personal growth, community respect, job flexibility and financial success and offers virtually unlimited opportunities.
The program is envisaged to develop a multipurpose ophthalmic manpower at paramedical level. The training will enable a student to become a competent person in providing service as an Optician, Optometrist, Refractionist and Ophthalmic Assistant to the community in urban, semi-urban and rural settings in private, semi-Governmental and Governmental sectors.
Scope and Career Options
- Assist ophthalmologists in hospital clinic
- Practice in optical establishments
- Run optical shop
- Have excellent job opportunities overseas.
- Offer clinical services to multinationals dealing, with the manufacturing and distribution of ophthalmic lenses, contact lenses and ophthalmic instruments.
- Start manufacturing unit for optical lenses.
- For those interested in higher studies can join for M.Sc and PhD programs and take up teaching Optometry as a carrier.
|B. Sc. Optometry||3 Years + One year internship|
|B.Sc Optometry (Lateral Entry)||2 Years + one year Internship|