Publication Type:Journal Article
Source:Indian Journal of Plastic Surgery, Volume 46, Number 2, p.408-418 (2013)
Most surgical patients end up with a scar and most of these would want at least some improvement in the appearance of the scar. Using sound techniques for wound closure surgeons can, to a certain extent, prevent suboptimal scars. This article reviews the principles of prevention and treatment of suboptimal scars. Surgical techniques of scar revision, i.e., Z plasty, W plasty, and geometrical broken line closure are described. Post.operative care and other adjuvant therapies of scars are described. A short description of dermabrasion and lasers for management of scars is given. It is hoped that this review helps the surgeon to formulate a comprehensive plan for management of scars of these patients.
cited By (since 1996)0
Cite this Research Publication
Related Research Publications
- Cross-chest liposuction in gynaecomastia
- Reconstructive Indications of Anterolateral Thigh Free Flaps in Head and Neck Reconstruction.
- Surgical site infections, international nosocomial infection control consortium (INICC) report, data summary of 30 countries, 2005-2010
- Catheter closure of atrial septal defects with deficient inferior vena cava rim under transesophageal echo guidance
- Tracheoesophageal puncture site closure with single perforator-based deltopectoral flap