Kochi Campus is home to Health Sciences (Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, School of Medicine, Centre for Nanosciences, School of Dentistry, School of Nursing & School of Pharmacy), School of Business and School of Arts and Sciences.
The Health Sciences campus occupies over 3,330,000 square feet of building space spread over 125 acres of land. In 2003, when the institution came into being, the land area was approximately 40 acres. The Health Sciences campus has
- 12 Super-Specialty Departments and 45 other departments,
- 25 modern Operating Theatres,
- 1200 patient beds and 220 Intensive-Care beds,
- Fully computerized and networked Hospital Information System (HIS) running 2000 computers,
- Fully Digital Radiology Department,
- 17 NABL accredited Clinical Laboratories,
- 24/7 Telemedicine Service
- The annual outpatient turnover is more than 7,80,000 of which nearly 48,000 are inpatients.
School of Arts and Sciences occupies a land area of 3.32 acres and has a total built-up area of 6900 sq.m.
Academic facilities for students include computerized and fully-equipped Seminar Halls, e-learning studios with satellite connectivity, central and departmental Libraries and Computer labs that provide access to the internet, email and intranet.
The enterprise-level, indigenously developed Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham Management System (AUMS) is used for maintaining academic records of students.
Additional Facilities and Amenities for Students
- Seperate Hostels for boys and girls
- Sports Facility (3 acres of sports field, Shuttle, Volley Ball, Tennis, Cricket, Athletics)
- Seperate Gymnasium for boys and girls
- Indoor Games(Chess, Carom, Tennicoit, Table Tennis)
- MAT / CAT / PG Entrance Coaching Classes
- Campus Recruitment and Life Skills Training
- Exclusive Students Stationery Store
- Exclusive Cash Counter for Students and Parents
- Juice-Fruit Stall, Snack Bars
- General Stores
- 24 Hour Car Pool, Taxi Service
- Post Office
- Travel Desk
- Special Language, Music, Instrument Music Classes
- Effective Anti-Ragging Measures
- Photo-Identity Card for all Students
- Medical Facilities from Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences Hospital