Student Achievements at Allied Health Sciences
- Bri. Vijisha C., Senior Physician Assistant, Department of CVTS, Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, received the International Award from Maquet Group, Germany, as the No.1 Performer of Endoscopic Vein Harvesting Techniqe in India. She has completed more than 400 Endoscopic vein harvesting in the last one year.
- Third year B.Sc Medical Laboratory Technology students of Amrita Centre for Allied Health Sciences, Ms. Reshma K.P. and Ms. Suraymya Babu won the second prize in poster presentation in “SILEX 2015”, 16th Annual conference of SAMT (Students Association of Medical Laboratory Technologists) held during December 11 - 12, 2015 at Medical College,Kannur.
- Ms. Meghna Paulo and Ms. Athira Rajan (interns) won the first place in the quiz competition held at the Respiratory Therapy National Conference (RESCARE 2015) held at Coimbatore during October 16 - 18 2015.
- Physician Assistant Students of Amrita Centre for Allied Health Sciences Ms. Surya V., Ms. Aiswarya. K. P. and Ms. Dhaneesha A. D. won the second prize in the Intercollegiate Quiz Competition "MEDIQUIZ" held as part of the International Conference of Physician Assistants (IAPACON 2015) conducted during October 10 - 11, 2015 at Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences.
- In the recently concluded International Diabetes Update (IDU-2015) conducted at IMA house Kochi, final-year BSc Diabetes Sciences students from Amrita Center for Allied Health Sciences participated and won accolades. Mr. Amritesh, Mr. Ashfan Azeez and Ms. Akhila won the best poster award for their poster titled "Common errors of insulin injection." Mr. Mohammed Ashraf & Ms. Revathy presented an oral communication on "An audit of Insulin initiation and titration in Type 2 Diabetes".
Their achievement is particularly creditable as they were the only under graduate students among the group of Doctors who presented papers at the meeting and the fact that they won the best poster award is specially noteworthy.
- Postgraduate students of Hospital Administration brought laurels in the recently concluded 4th International and 9th National Conference on Public Health and Hospital Administration, Medallion 2015, conducted by MG University, Kottayam:
- Ms.Namitha Menon (Master of Hospital Administration 2014 batch) was adjudged the Best Manager and was awarded a cash prize of Rs. 2000 and a citation.
- Ms.Mufeedha Bai Althaf (Master of Hospital Administation 2014 batch) bagged the 2nd prize for her paper presentation on “Impact of Safe-I practices in a University Teaching Hospital.”
- Students also received honorable mentions for their poster presentations.
- Ms. Megna Paulo, BSc Respiratory Therapy 2012 batch student and Ms. Sruthi S., BSc Medical Radiological Technology 2012 batch student of Amrita Center for Allied Health Sciences, Amrita School of Medicine, Kochi won the zonal prizes in the All- India EssayWriting Event 2014 organized by Shri. Ramachandra Mission in collaboration with the United Nations Information Centre for Indiaand Bhutan. The topic of the essay competition was “To be truthful is to be human.” The School of Medicine has also received a Certificate of Appreciation from the organizers for the maximum number of students’ participation in the event.