'Estimation and Valuation Practice' is a course offered in the sixth semester of B. Tech. in Civil Engineering program at School of Engineering, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham.
- Introduction - Types of estimate - plinth area method - cubic rate method - unit rate method - bay method - approximate quantity from bill method - comparison method - cost from materials and labour - preparation of detailed estimate
- Preparation of detailed estimate using Centre line method
- Preparation of detailed estimate using Long wall - short wall method
- Preparation of detailed estimate for R.C.C Structures.
- Preparation of detailed estimate for Steel Structures.
- Preparation of detailed estimate for roads
- Preparation of detailed estimate for sanitary and water supply works
- Specifications - Detailed specifications for common building materials and items of work as per I.S specifications - Preparation of conveyance statement - Calculation of quantities of materials for items of work - Analysis of rate for items of works required for civil engineering works - Preparation of abstract of estimate of civil engineering works.
- Valuation - types of values – concept of time - value of money - sinking fund - years purchase - Depreciation - obsolescence - valuation of real property - valuation of land - lease and lease hold property.
- Chakraborti, M.,“Estimation, Costing, Specification and Valuation in Civil Engg”, Chakraborti, 2008.
- B. N. Dutta “Estimating& Costing in Civil Engineering Theory and Practice”, UBS Publishers & Distributors Limited, 2008.
- Kohli, D. D and Kohli, R. C, “A text book of Estimating and Costing (Civil)”, S. Chand & Company Ltd., 2004.
- IS: 1200 – 1974 – Parts 1 to 25, Methods of Measurement of Building and Civil Engineering Works, Bureau of Indian Standards, New Delhi.
- Standard Data Books of Central Public Works Departments and Public Work Department of States.