The Department conducts various events to enrich students with additional knowledge that can help them to handle problems with different perspectives.
- Prof. A K B Chand, Department of Mathematics, IIT-Madras delivered a talk on Fractal and its Applications to Five Year Integrated Mathematics students, Research Scholars and Faculty on 10th March 2023.
- “Two Day Workshop on Active Learning Using Mathematical Software Tools”, during 9th and 10th December 2022.
- “International Workshop on Combinatorial Methods in Graph Theory”, during 14th – 16th July, 2022
- Prof. Murali K Srinivasan, Department of Mathematics, IIT Bombay, delivered a talk on “Counting Spanning Trees” to Five-Year Integrated MSc Mathematics students, Research Scholars and Faculty on 14th October 2022.
- Dr. Mrinal Kanti Das, Asst. Professor, Department of Data Science, IIT Palakkad delivered a talk on “Learning with Domain Knowledge to Develop Justifiable Convolutional Networks” to the students of Five Year Integrated M.Sc., Data Science and MSc Apllied Statistics and Data Analytics, Department Mathematics on 15 November, 2022.
- Dr. Arpita Biswas, CRCS Postdoctoral Fellow, Harvard University, delivered a talk on “Decision Intelligence for Healthcare Intervention Planning” to the students of Five -Year Integrated. M.Sc., Data Science and MSc Applied Statistics and Data Analytics on 15 November, 2022.
- Our Alumni Mr Sreedharan Namboodiri, Rsearch Scholar IIT Delhi interacted online with our Five-Year Integrated MSc Mathematics students regarding the preparation for PhD in Institutes of National Importance on 3 December 2022 .
- Our Alumnus Ms. Reesa Varghesse, Programmer Analyst, Zifo RnD Solutions, Chennai and Ms Harshini K, Senior Analyst at Accenture were invited to share about their experience of Life at Amrita during the orientation for 2022-2023 admissions of Integrated MSc Mathematics and Data Science students. Ms Reesa Varghese also had a session to interact with the Final Year MSc Applied Statistics and Data Analytics students to share her Industrial Experience.
Faculty Development Programs(FDP) Conducted
- A faculty development program on Proxy Re – encryption Technology on March 2, 2013.
- A faculty development program on Latex (typing software) on July 31, 2012.
- “36th Annual Conference Ramanujan Mathematical Society Conference (RMS 2021”, during August 5th – 7th, 2021.
- “One Day International Webinar on Algebra, Differential Equations & Its Applications” (IWADE – 2021), during 20th November, 2021.
- “International Conference on Statistical Applications in Data Analytics & Data Science” (ICSADADS-2020), during February 20th – 22nd, 2020.
- “National Workshop on Data Analytics Using Statistical Learning with Hands-on in R”, during 6th – 8th June 2019.
- “Workshop on “Hands on Training in LATEX & MATLAB”, during May 3rd – 4th, 2019.
- “International Conference on Graph Theory and its Applications” – ICGTA19, during January 4th – 6th, 2019.
- “Workshop on Statistical Techniques in Data Analytics” during 17th – 19th August 2017.
- “Workshop on Interconnection Networks”, during April 24th – 28th , 2017.
- “International Conference on Graph Theory and its Applications” (ICGTA 2015), during December 16th – 19th , 2015
- “International Conference on Applications of Fractals and Wavelets” – ICAFW 2015, during January 10th -11th , 2015.
- “Second India-Taiwan Conference on Discrete Mathematics”, during September 08th – 11th , 2011.
- “Quality Improvement Concepts and their Implementation in Higher Educational Institutions”, (QICIHEI-2009), during December, 11th to 12th , 2009
- “Graph Theory and its Applications” during December 11th to 13th, 2008.