International Conference on Robotics and Automation for Humanitarian Applications RAHA 2016
Amrita Multi Modal Applications Using Computer Human Interaction (AMMACHI) Labs, of Amrita University Amritapuri campus will organize a three day international conference on Robotics and Automation for Humanitarian Applications (RAHA - 2016) from December 18 - 20, 2016.
RAHA 2016 aims to provide a platform for researchers, engineers, industry professionals, and humanitarian workers to share knowledge about technological tools, methodologies, and applied robotic solutions for humanitarian applications. The conference will connect technological innovators and humanitarian field workers, creating a link between fields that often are considered separate and unrelated. Together, the conference attendees will identify gaps in knowledge in the field. The conference will initiate a dialogue to alleviate the suffering of those less fortunate, which will then increase the effectiveness of humanitarian efforts on the ground.
The conference will include a technical program of reviewed papers, as well as invited leaders in the field who will present papers on major topics. There will be a panel discussion, tutorials, poster sessions, a PhD forum, industry exhibits, and a contest for undergraduate and graduate students. We anticipate the conference will be supported by IEEE RAS and IEEE SIGHT.
Areas of interest include, but are not limited to the following topics relating to Robotics and Automation with potential for humanitarian applications:
- Disaster prevention, preparedness, response and recovery efforts
- Nuclear site monitoring, decommissioning
- Unmanned ground, aerial, and marine vehicles
- Collaborative and co-operative robotics
- Robot assisted search and rescue
- Wild-land fire fighting
- Casualty assessment, care and extraction
- Locomotion, load carrying and manipulation assistance
- Inspection and structural assessment of critical infrastructure
- Robotics and Haptics for education and learning
- Rehabilitation and assistive robotics
- Medical and surgical robotics
- Wearable assistive devices
- Robotics for Automotive safety
- Role of NGOs in deploying R&A technologies