Amrita School of Pharmacy, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham and Ulster University, United Kingdom under the UK-India Education and Research Initiative organized a virtual mobility program of 30 hours, spread over 5 days, from 5th to 26th February 2021.
- David Gibson, Senior Lecturer, Biomedical Sciences, Ulster University gave a talk on ‘COVID-19 in the UK’.
- Sarah Atkinson, Lecturer, Stratified Medicine, Ulster University took a session on ‘Introduction to Personalised Medicine & Pharmacogenomics’.
- Mr. Iain Jack, Lecturer in Clinical Pharmacy, Ulster University handled a session on ‘Getting Medication to Patients in the UK’.
- Mrs. Anila.K.N, Assistant Professor, Department of Pharmacy Practice, Amrita School of Pharmacy, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham conducted a session on ‘Getting Medication to Patients in India’.
- Dr. Sangita A S, Research fellow, Indian Council of Medical Research/Centre of Disease Control Collaborative, and Dr. Vrinda Namboothiri, Clinical Research Pharmacist, Department of infection control and epidemiology, Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, took a session on the ‘Antibiotic Stewardship Programme’.
- Dr. Kiran G Kulirankal, Assistant Professor, Division of Infectious diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre gave a talk on ‘COVID vaccination updates with insights to Indian Scenario’.
- Dr. Martin Kelly, Respiratory Consultant, Altnagelvin Area Hospital, Londonderry discussed about ‘The role of Translational Medicine in COVID and other repiratory diseases’.
- Dr. Aaron Courtney, Lecturer, Clinical Pharmacy, Ulster University delivered a talk on ‘How to make people unwell- an ethical approach’.
- Dr. Sunil Mahore, Senior Manager, Serum Institute of India delivered a talk on ‘COVID-19 vaccine-a ray of hope’.