Kartik Iyer currently serves as Assistant Professor at Amrita School of Biotechnology. He recieved his masters in Microbial Pathogenesis, Immunology and Inflammation from University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN, USA in 2008. He was also conferred another M. Sc. degree from Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning in 2003. Iyer joined Amrita from the Department of Molecular Sciences at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, USA.
- M.S. (Integrated Program in Biomedical Sciences): 2005-2008 University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN, USA
- M.Sc. Biosciences: 2001 -2003 Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning Prasanthi Nilayam, AP, India
- B.Sc. (Hons) Biosciences: 1998-2001 Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning Prasanthi Nilayam, AP, India
Awards / Honors as a student:
- Awarded the Subramanyam Chettiar Gold Medal (2001) for academic excellence by the Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning for outstanding performance in B.Sc. (Hons) Biosciences.
- Secured all India rank 121 (96.36 percentile) in Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering (GATE) - 2003: It’s a national level exam conducted by premier institutions of the country, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) and Indian Institute of Sciences.
- Cleared the national level certification exam in 2003 (CSIR-UGC) for ‘Lectureship of Biology in Indian Universities’ conducted by the University Grants Commission (UGC) and Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR).
August 2008 – Present: Courses designed and taught for Masters and Bachelors students for the past 6 years in:
- Molecular and Cellular Immunology and Biology of Vaccines
- Bacterial Pathogenesis
- Viral Pathogenesis
- Human Physiology
- Molecular and Cellular Neuroscience (Advanced Course)
- Research Methodology
- Laboratory courses in Immunology and Microbiology