Dr. Supradeep Dutta currently serves as Adjunct Faculty at the School of Business, Bengaluru Campus. Dr. Dutta has obtained his PhD from Krannert School of Management, Purdue University. His teaching focuses on Strategy, Entrepreneurship, Innovation and New Venture Creation. Dutta's research is at the intersection of technology strategy and entrepreneurship, exploring a central conundrum for the technology entrepreneur—attracting stakeholders when there is information asymmetry about the quality of a venture. His research focuses are Entrepreneurial finance – venture capital, angels, crowdfunding, Innovation, Federal grants – NIH, NSF, SBIR/STTR, Mergers and acquisitions, Risk behaviour. He has won several awards and accolades, namely:
- Distinguished Best Paper Award, Business Policy and Strategy Division, Annual Academy of Management conference, 2015.
- Best Dissertation research award finalist, Business Policy and Strategy Division, Academy of Management, 2014 (Top 5 dissertations are selected for this award).
- Heizer Dissertation research award finalist, Entrepreneurship Division, Academy of Management, 2014 (Top 3 dissertations are selected for this award).
- University at Buffalo, School of Management Small Grants Program ($1,400), 2013.
- Dean’s Office Doctoral Student Service Award, Purdue University, 2013.
- Purdue Research Foundation Grant for award-winning dissertation proposal, 2012.
- Distinguished Reviewer Award, ENT division, Academy of Management, 2012.
- Distinguished Graduate Student Instructor, Krannert Certificate for Distinguished Teaching, Krannert Graduate School of Management, Purdue University, 2011.
- Ross Fellowship for academic excellence, Purdue University, 2010.
Areas of Expertise: Strategy, Entrepreneurship, Innovation, New Venture Creation, Entrepreneurial Finance, Federal Grants, Mergers and Acquisitions, Risk Behaviour