Dr. Sushma currently serves as an Assistant Professor at the Department of Shalakya Tantra, School of Ayurveda, Amritapuri. She pursued her BAMS from SDM Ayurveda Medical College Udupi under Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka; M.S. in Shalakya Tantra from Amrita school of Ayurveda, Amrita Deemed university.
Scientific Paper Presentations
- Global wellness meet – 2016 - held to commemorate the golden jubilee of the Karnataka Ayurveda and Unani practitioners board at Bangalore, India - Yoga for ocular health
- Ayurprayaanam - 2016 - At Vaidyaratnam Ayurveda college, Ollur, Thrissur, Kerala -Eye Tracking Abnormalities In Patients With Cerebrovascular Disease, Competition.
- Vasti viveka - 2016 - In, National Seminar in Vasti at PNNM Ayurveda medical college, Shornur, Kerala - Role of Vasti in Neuro-ophthalmic diseases.
- “A Clinical Study to Evaluate the Role of Pachaka pitta in the production of ocular tear film (qualitative & quantitative) w.s.r. to agni dusthi”
- Dr. Sushma worked as RMO in Amrita School of Ayurveda, Kollam during the year 2007-2012.
- ICTRIMS 2018 - 14th & 15th July, 2018, Kochi – under the aegis of Indian academy of neurology & Kerala association of neurologist- Autoimmune neurology demyelination and beyond.
- Ayunetra 2016 - National workshop on Netra Chikitsa – Ayunetra 2016, organized by AVP research foundation, Coimbatore.
- Anterior segments and Posterior segments OPDs in Ophthalmology departments of Amrita Institute of Medical science, Kochi.
- Shalakya department, Ashtangam Ayurveda hospital, Palakkad.
- Mata eye hospital, Trivandrum.
- Shalakya department, Kottakkal Ayurveda Hospital Malappuram.
Publication Type: Journal Article
Year of Publication
Dr. Sushma, “A Role of Agnikarma in Netra Roga and its Clinical Application”, IAMJ, vol. 4, no. 10, 2016.