The Department of Medical-Surgical Nursing and Community Health Nursing at Amrita College of Nursing, Kochi, observed World AIDS Day 2020 on December 19 and December 21, 2020. The program was hosted by Second Year B. Sc. Nursing students in the Zoom platform. 371 participants were present including faculty and students. The interactive session for the audience after the session helped to clarify their queries. The engaging session was greatly appreciated by all the students and faculty. Feedback from the students was overwhelmingly positive.
Highlights of the Program
Day 1 (December 19, 2020, from 11.00 AM– 12.20 PM)
- Education Session by Dr. R. Ramesh, Project Director, Kerala AIDS Control Society.
- Global Solidarity- Resilient HIV services – Video presentation.
- Declaration of the results of the winners of poster competition based on WHO AIDS Day theme.
- First prize: Mr. Anoop Mathew Chacko ( Second Year B.Sc. Nursing, A Batch )
- Second prize: Mr. Harikrishna A.V. (First-year B.Sc. Nursing, B Batch)
- Third prize: Pranav K. (First-year B.Sc. Nursing, B Batch)
Day 2 (December 21, 2020, from 2.00 PM– 3.00 PM)
- Panel Discussion on WHO Theme “Global Solidarity and Shared Responsibility” by Faculty, College of Nursing (Ms. Shalimol U.S, Ms. Nila K.M, Ms. Anju Kayathri, Ms. Neenu Merin, Ms. Aparna C Lakshmi). The highlights of the discussion were, Global solidarity- shared responsibility, Building resilient HIV services in the context of COVID 19, Innovation in HIV care for continuity and expansion, Impact of COVID 19 on communities of people living with HIV, Essential contributions of nurses, midwives, and other front-line health workers who provide HIV service.