Cinerama’18- the National level Short Film Festival at Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Mysuru Campus, was held at the campus on April 11, 2018. The fest was organized by Department of Visual Communication and was inaugurated by Smt. Bhagirathi Bai Kadam, Director, Rangayana. In her inaugural address, she highlighted the significance of acting and performance in theatre which is a stepping stone to feature films. She also mentioned that every actor should imbibe Navarasa (nine emotions), which plays an essential role for the success of a cinema. A workshop on ‘Acting and Performance: From Script to Screen’ was conducted by Mr. Balaji, HOD, SRM Shivaji Ganeshan Institute of Film and Television, following the inaugural session.
Ms. Shanvi Srivastava, multi-lingual actress and model, who was the chief guest at the valedictory function, awarded the winners of the short film festival. In her valedictory address, she stressed the challenges involved in acting and learning and advised the youth to pay attention to finer details of every day happenings of our day-to-day life. She congratulated all the enthusiastic young filmmakers who had participated in the contest.
The jury members of Cinerama ’18- Mr. Raju Vaividhya, theatre artist and Mrs. Soumya.S, Professor, Govt. college of Arts, Mysuru and a film maker, were felicitated. The jury members appreciated the thought process and meticulous efforts that had gone into the making of each and every short film and highlighted that most films circled around some social concern as a central theme, which showcased the youth’s responsibility and commitment towards society.
The events won a lot of visibility through coverage by various newspapers, magazines and social media platforms such as Mysuru Mitra, Times of India, Star of Mysuru, Praja Vaani, City Today, etc.
The prize winners details of the fest are given below:
- Top Three Short Films:
- First Place – Abaya (Director – Prem Chandar), Chennai, Tamil Nadu,
- Second Place – Vitamin M (Director – Goutham), Bangaluru, Karnataka and
- Third Place - Ajinapathran( Director – Gautham Menon), Thrissur, Kerala.
- Best Titles (Special Category Awards):
- Best Editor – Raja Shiva for the film Vitamin M.
- Best Director- Prem Chandar for the film Abaya.
- Best Cinematographer- Prakash for the film Abaya.
- Best Performer- Mohit Jangara for the film Nirnay.
- Winners of the Photography Competition:
- First prize – Sharad Patil, Dattarao Kadam College of Arts, Commerce and Science, Maharashtra.
- Second prize – Sylesh, Jain University, Bangalore.
- Third prize – Anil Kumar T, Jain University, Bangalore.