Amrita Center for International Programs is happy to accept applications for the following Dual Degree Programs with various universities listed below. Please note the students have to apply through ACIP to be eligible for the Dual Degree Program. Direct application is not valid. Students should have CGPA 8 and above to apply for the Program.
To confirm your interest, please fill the Google form. Also, please send your resume and Bachelors transcript to email@example.com
Important Note - we strongly recommend that students who are selected to go to any foreign university do not make non refundable travel arrangements until they have actually received their visa.
Program Costs, Credit Transfer and Course Mapping for Students
In order to apply for Dual Degree students:
- Fill google forms for internal processes before (internal) deadline
- ACIP will get recommendation from HOD
- Shortlisted students will be asked to proceed to online application (documents to be uploaded and application fees to be paid) before Host University deadline
- Students to notify ACIP office after completion of application
- Amrita will send nominations to Host University once students complete and confirm application
- Admission decision, Acceptance letter to be received from Host University
- Student to collect NOC from ACIP Office.
- Proceed to visa application
Dual Degree Course Mapping and Credit Conversion:
- Final year coursework & project for your MTech has to be mapped to the Host University coursework & project
- Students must take responsibility for mapping (coursework only) with HOD /Advisor on a Learning Agreement
- Fees and other expenses - refer Host University links.
- Students should complete the mapped courses before convocation at Amrita if they want to transfer grades, else the Amrita graduation will be delayed.
- If there's a delay in getting the final grades beyond two weeks prior to convocation dates, then the earliest students can get a provisional certificate is by the end of December and they get their degree certificate in the next academic year's convocation.
- Transcript or Official notification needed for course transfer.
- Please refer to the Credit conversion and Grade Transfer document for details on that.
- If the courses (in case of unrelated Masters admission) cannot be mapped, then Dean approval is needed. Credits may be transferred as 'in lieu of' - as a special case.
- GRE not needed for any university except ULL
- TOEFL /IELTS needed for VU, can be done after acceptance. In general, US Universities prefer TOEFL, European Universities prefer IELTS
- Tuition has to be paid at Amrita even during the time at Host university. However Hostel and Food expenses need not be paid
DUAL DEGREE AT UNIVERSITY OF NEW MEXICO, USA (M.Tech / MS)
Earn an M.Tech at Amrita and an MS from UNM in 2 years!
Currently enrolled students in Masters Programs in the following areas are eligible:
• Electrical and Computer Engineering • Computer Science Engineering • Mechanical Engineering • Nuclear Engineering • Manufacturing Engineering • Biomedical Engineering • Civil Engineering • Chemical Engineering • Master of Construction Management • Master of Science in Civil Engineering • Master of Engineering in Civil Engineering
The Dual Degree is open to all engineering students who meet/match the requirements of the MS programs. Select students may earn an In-state tuition rate (50% off) under AMIGO Scholarships Program.
DEADLINE for completed applications: January 10, 2020. Please apply to ACIP before 1st January, 2020
DUAL DEGREE - NORTHERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY, CHICAGO, USA (M.Tech / MS)
Masters students in Industrial and Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, AND Mechanical Engineering are eligible to apply. Possibility of financial assistance for high achieving students.
- 2 academic reference letters
- *TOEFL - 213 (CBT), 550 Paper-based, 80 Internet-based
- *GRE - 295 and above for admission; above 305 for probable financial assistance
- Proof/Statement of Financial ability, immunization proof
- Application Fee: $ 60
- Curriculum for Industrial and Systems Engineering
- Curriculum for Mechanical Engineering
- Curriculum for Electrical Engineering
DEADLINE : 30th January 2020, Please apply to ACIP before 15th January, 2020
DUAL DEGREE WITH VRIJE UNIVERSITY, NETHERLANDS (M.Tech / MS)
Earn an M.Tech from Amrita and an MS in Parallel and Distributed Systems / Cyber Security from VU, Netherlands.
Masters students in Computer Science, Cyber Security and Wireless Networks completing their first year from all campuses are welcome to apply. Limited FELLOWSHIPS available!! TOEFL scores required.
For more information please visit website
DEADLINE : 1st February 2020, Please apply to ACIP before 15th January, 2020
DUAL DEGREE - UNIVERSITY OF LOUISIANA, LAFAYETTE, USA (M.Tech / MS)
The Center for Advanced Computer Studies (CACS) in University of Louisiana, Lafayette offers dual degrees in both Computer Science and Computer Engineering.
Master of Science in Computer Science: suited for students and professionals who wish to broaden and deepen their understanding of computer science and software development.
Master of Science in Computer Engineering: suited for students and professionals who wish to broaden and deepen the understanding of computer architecture, embedded systems and VLSI designs.
- Four year bachelor degree and 1st year Masters in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering
- GRE scores (GRE-V not less than 145, GRE-Q not less than 148) ; GPA >=2.75
- 3 academic reference letters
- TOEFL(min 81) / IELTS (min 6.5) scores
- SOP (if interested in research)
- Proof/Statement of Financial ability, immunization proof
- Application Fees : $ 30
For more information please visit
DEADLINE for applications for International students interested to apply for fellowships is February 15th, with Research Assistantships is March 1st although the general application deadline for students is May 15th.
DEADLINE: February 15th for completion of online submission (with Fellowship) please apply to ACIP before February 1st, 2020
DUAL DEGREE – GRENOBLE INP, FRANCE (M.Tech/MS)
Earn an M.Tech from Amrita and an MS in Cyber Security from ENSIMAG, Grenoble INP, France.
- 4-year Bachelor’s in Computer Science and Engineering (from Amrita or any other University)
- Must be enrolled in the first year of Master's program in Cyber Security, Systems & Networks (from Amritapuri campus) or Cyber Security program (from Coimbatore campus)
First-year master's students have to complete:
- Two Final semesters at Grenoble lNP - ENSIMAG in the Master in Cybersecurity (CySec), including the final master's thesis. Students from Amrita will join the second year of Master CySec at Grenoble INP - ENSIMAG.
- The first semester is dedicated to scientific courses (30 ECTS). The second semester is devoted to the master's thesis.
Please check the link given for the pre- requisites and course details
For more information, please check
DEADLINE: 30th April 2020. Please apply to ACIP before 10th April, 2020
DUAL MASTERS WITH UNIVERSITY OF L'AQUILA, ITALY (M. Tech / MS)
Students require a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science and should be currently pursuing an M.Tech in Computer Science, Cyber Security or Wireless Technologies. Students will earn a Master’s Degree from Amrita and a Masters Degree from L'Aquila, Italy. No tuition fees at L'Aquila! Limited scholarships available for living and travel expenses.
DEADLINE : 1st May 2020, Please apply to ACIP before 15th April, 2020
DUAL DEGREE - OAKLAND UNIVERSITY, MICHIGAN (M.Tech / MSITM)
Students from any engineering/CS/IT/MCA courses can apply for this program.
Exposure to programming, and information systems is required for General MSITM program. Students should have some background in basic statistics if they want to do Business Analytics.
MBA students are also eligible to apply (they should have they have some programming, IS, exposure in their UG or PG courses and some statistics exposure if they want to concentrate in Business Analytics)
DEADLINE: 1st May 2020. Please apply to ACIP before 15th April, 2020
Please note the students have to apply through ACIP to be eligible for the Dual Degree Program. Direct application is not valid. Students should have CGPA 8 and above to apply for the Program.
For further information contact :
Sujatha / Reshmi / Anandi
Amrita Center for International Programs
(Please use the subject title: Dual Degree 2020)