Information and communication technology (ICT) has become one of the essential infrastructures for modern society and transforming the lifestyle integrated with digital devices. ICT will facilitate integrated decision making in power, transportation, sensor, healthcare, industrial automation and others. M.Tech in Communication Systems forms the fundamental premise for potpourri of computational paradigms for communication networks, energy efficient architecture and protocols aiming to deliver ubiquitous, secure and resilient next generation networks.This program also provides insights into the design aspects of wireless communication systems using computational optimization. Provides opportunity in pursuing design and development work in National Aerospace Lab (NAL- CSIR), Centre for Artificial Intelligence and Robotics (CAIR - DRDO), ISRO and Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences (AIMS, Kochi) and industry specific R&D labs.
Program Educational Objectives
- To apply mathematical foundations and advanced communication technology concepts enabling the design and analysis to meet the demands of industry, teaching and research.
- To innovate and contribute in diverse areas including Radio Frequency systems, Digital communication, Wireless networks and Computational engineering.
- To exhibit professional competence and leadership qualities with a harmonious blend of ethics leading to an integrated personality development..
Program Outcomes (POs)
- PO1: An ability to independently carry out research/investigation and development work to solve practical problems.
- PO2: An ability to write and present a substantial technical report/document.
- PO3: Students should be able to demonstrate a degree of mastery over the area as per the specialization of the program.
- PO4: An ability to work in a team to take up the challenges in the field of RF systems, Digital Communication, Wireless Networks and Computational Engineering giving due consideration to societal, environmental, economical and financial factors.
- PO5: An ability to maintain lifelong learning and research by way of participating in various professional activities with a higher level of commitment.
- B.Tech/B.E in Electronics and Communication Engineering, Computer & Communication Engineering, Telecommunication, Information & Communication Engineering
- Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, Electrical & Communication Engineering,.
- M.Sc in Electronics & Communication, Information & Communication, Physics & Applied Electronics.
GATE qualified students can avail Rs. 12,400 monthly stipend as Amrita University is approved by UGC/AICTE
Join Amrita M.Tech. Communication Systems at Coimbatore Campus
If you wish to know any curricular aspects, Call:
Coordinator - M.Tech Communication Systems
You may also call 0422 2685 000 Ext. 5732 and get connected to the above faculty to clear your doubts