More Activities at School of Business, Kochi
Omkara Business Fest was held from 27/10/2015 to 29/10/2015. The energy- packed event saw the students of ASB, Kochi compete among themselves as four teams in seven management games, each with challenging multiple rounds. The Business Fest came to a close with the Best Manager Contest. The event was a great opportunity for the students to try out their managerial skills. Along with immense opportunities to learn, it provided memorable moments of fun too!
Omkara Cultural Fest was conducted on 14 December, 2015 at the Sree Krishna Hall, IV Floor, ASB, Kochi. The events such as Solo dance, Group dance, Mime, and Mono Act were conducted. The students competed with each other in various competitions and proved again that the hectic schedules cannot hamper their spirits! Off-stage events such as Face Painting, Pencil Sketching, Clay Modeling, Mehandi and Photography were also conducted.
IAM Meditation 2015
The Integrated Amrita Meditation (IAM) Technique, envisioned by Amma, was initiated to all the students. The classes were delivered by Br. Shraddamrita Chaitanya, inculcating in the students the essence and relevance of yoga and meditation. The sessions received excellent response from students.
International Yoga Day 2015
ASB, Kochi students in the International Yoga Day celebrations, at the Rajiv Gandhi Indoor Stadium, Kadavanthara, inaugurated by Hon. Union Railway Minister Shri.Suresh Prabhu.
Gurupurnima Celebration 2015
Guru Pooja and Mathru Pooja was held as a part of Guru Purnima at Annexe Auditorium, AIMS, Kochi.
Batch Inauguration 2015-17
The inauguration of the MBA batch 2015-17 was conducted at Amriteshwari Hall, AIMS. The welcome address was delivered by the Chairperson, Prof. Sunanda Muralidharan followed by the benedictory address by Sampoojya Swami Purnamritananda Puri, General Secretary, Mata Amritanandamayi Math and the Presidential Address by Dr. Prathapan Nair, Principal, Amrita School of Medicine. The Chief Guest of the day was Shri. Brajesh C. Kaimal, Executive Director, Experion Technologies.
Fresher’s Day Celebration 2015-17
Fresher’s Day Celebration for the new batch (2015- 2017).
International Symposium on Towards Sustainable and Smart Cities: Envisioning Kochi - A Flagship Event of ASTHRA 2015
As a part of the 4th edition of student driven initiative, ASTHRA 2015, Amrita School of Business, Kochi campus conducted an International Symposium on the theme Towards Sustainable and Smart Cities: Envisioning Kochi, at Kochi campus on March 7, 2015.
The flagship event addressed the sustainability concerns regarding a safe and clean environment and equitable social development. It also aimed to gather and share ideas, knowledge, experience and best practices among researchers, public authorities and experts that will merge into a vision of a smart city for sustainable and intelligent development. The program witnessed thematic approach to discuss various solutions and ways to overcome barriers in order to reach the objective. Delegates from various fields shared their expertise and knowledge on achieving sustainable development of Kochi... Readmore »
Visit to Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI), Ernakulam
Students of Amrita School of Business (ASB) Kochi, visited Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI), Ernakulam as part of their annual industrial visit. Students had an interactive session on SEBI’s legislative, judicial and executive roles. Insights were given into SEBI’s mandate on investor protection, development and regulation with due emphasis on the investment literacy of people in Kerala and the role of SEBI in providing awareness to people.
Run Kochi Run- A Pre-launch Event of ASTHRA 2015
Students of Amrita School of Business,Kochi organized the 2nd edition of Run Kochi Run,held on 7th December 2014, as a pre-launch event of ASTHRA 2015.
Amrita School of Business (ASB) Student Presents at Conference in Warsaw, Poland
Second year student Mathew K. John has presented a paper titled "A new evaluation model for behavioral training program" at the First International Conference on Intellectual Capital & Education held in Vistula University, Warsaw, Poland from December 4-6, 2014.
This is a smaller version of his master’s thesis work that he is doing under the guidance of Mrs. Vandana Gopi, Faculty Associate, Amrita School of Business, Kochi.
Praanah- Social Outreach Activities
Praanah is a social initiative started by students of Amrita School of Business, Kochi, with the blessings of ‘Amma’, Mata Amritanandamayi. The third step to this social initiative was conducted at Changampuzha Park on November 22, 2014. The first phase of the event was to provide medical aid to tribal families of Wayanad which was followed by providing necessary items to the needy families. The students organized awareness campaign on Substance Abuse in various schools in and around Kochi. The prizes for the competition were awarded to the students by Honorable Mayor Tony Chammany.
Visit to Relief Center in Palluruthy, Kochi
The students of Amrita School of Business, Kochi made a visit to a Relief Center in Palluruthy as a part of SAPG course along with the Chairperson Ms. Sunanda Muraleedaran and SAPG faculty Dr. N.R. Menon on October 24, 2014.
The interactive session started with the blessings of Amma, followed by an introductory talk with Dr. Rangamani, retired civil surgeon. The students could freely interact with the inmates in the half a day visit. They were deeply moved by the visit and interaction with the inmates. This social outreach has made a huge impact on the perception and attitude of the students at ASB, Kochi.
Students left the place with prayers and hope that the inmates will be cured and reach their homes as they dream.
Students of ASB, Kochi Visit Relief Center in Palluruthi
Source: Mathrubhumi ( October 25, 2014)
Onam Celebrations at ASB, Kochi
Alumni Meet - SMRITHI 2014
Faculty Development Program
Amrita School of Business at Kochi Campus conducted Faculty Development Program on August 9, 2014.
ASTHRA - THE B-FEST
ASTHRA 2014, the flagship event of Amrita School of Business Kochi, was inaugurated on 24th January. The signature event was the Social Innovation Conclave. Distinguished speakers like Mr. Biju Varghese, Dr. Prem Nair, Shri Rajeev Mukundan, Dr Rajeev Khosla, Shri. Korath V. Mathew, Smt. Tanie Thomas, Shri K. Paul Thomas, Shri. Diego Guidi and Smt. Rajani Menon shared their views on social innovation.
Prof. Sunanada Muralidharan, Chairperson, Amrita School of Business, delivered the welcome address.
Sampoojya Swami Poornamritananda Puri, General Secretary, Mata Amritanadamayi Math, delivered the benedictory address.
ASTHRA 2014 was officially inaugurated by the dignitaries by lighting the lamp followed by the release of the souvenir ‘Sparsh’.
This was followed by an array of business events and games. Around, 25 colleges from India participated in these events.
Visit to Thattekad Bird Sanctuary and Pooyamkutty Dam
As a part of the SAPG course, the second year MBA students were taken for a one day trip on 26th of February, 2014 to Thattekad Bird Sanctuary and Pooyamkutty Dam. The Salim Ali Bird Sanctuary (Thattekad Sanctuary) is located in the Kothamangalam Taluk of Ernakulam District. Salim Ali, one of the best known ornithologists described this sanctuary as the richest bird habitat on peninsular India.
Pooyamkutty is a small city in Ernakulam district, Kothamangalam Taluk, blessed with natural beauty, situated along Pooyamkutty river, a tributary of the Periyar. The dam site on the Pooyamkutty River is submerged in one of the densest forests in the country. The area looks picturesque with its lush green tress and thick vegetation. The undergrowth is thick with vines, shrubs, creepers of every variety.
The visit to these beautiful places gave the students an insight into the importance of preserving natural heritage and the fact that there are scores of communities who still manage to be happy, with the barest of resources at their disposal.
Amrita School of Business, a tier-1 B-School has been consistently rated among top 30 private B-School over the years since its inception in 1996. ASB, Kochi was among three campuses of Amrita School of Business established in 2009. ASB Kochi was rated as the 7th best B-School in South India by The Week in 2011. ASB offers postgraduate and PhD programs in management offering specialisations in the area of finance, HR, Marketing, Operations and Systems.
ASTHRA, the Annual Management Festival of Amrita School of Business, Kochi is a two day fun filled event that explores the hidden talents of budding managers. ASTHRA 2013 brings in a fresh dose of vivacity and exuberance with its theme Colors of Leadership highlighting the moral, ethical, social and cultural ideas of ASB.
The second edition of ASTHRA, a two day National level business fest was held on January 7 - 8, 2013, based on the theme Colors of Leadership.
- Rahul Menon, R. Avinash & Sai Vijay, three MBA students from ASB Kochi participated in Music 2 Go, a national level marketing competition conducted by the marketing Forum at IIM Ahmedabad. Amrita MBA students competed with the best in the business like that of the various IIM’S across the country and FMS to mention a few and won 9th position out of 1160 teams on October 2012.
- Sachidanandham L., second-year MBA student at the Amrita School of Business, Kochi proved his mettle as an efficient brand manager by winning the fifth place in the Nissan Student Brand Manager Contest 2012 on 09 August 2012
- Shivani Jha, 1st year MBA student presented a paper entitled "Recent trends in Supply Chain Management and Logistics" in a Seminar on The Recent Trends in Supply Chain Management and Logistics, organized by Amrita School of Arts and Science Kochi campus on 3rd March, 2012.
- Four MBA students, Mithra Parameshwaran, Aparna Nandakumar, Imran Haque and Jees V Kariyil won second prize in Event management game at SCMS College; 30th & 31st January 2012.
- Harikrishnan M.R, second year student bagged fourth place in an all India operations summer internship project competition held at Durgadevi Saraf Institute of Management, Mumbai on the 19th of January 2012. Candidates from IIMs, FMS, Symbiosis etc participated in the event
- Nirmal Sasidharan and Unnikrishnan Kodoor, second year students were one among the finalist in SP Jain ‘M-power Social Business Plan’ competition. NITIE, TISS, MANAGE, SP Jain, Reached finals after the 2nd round in which they competed against teams from IRMA, IIM Bangalore, IIT B, XLRI, BIM, IIM Indore etc. Two certificates, two webinars and entrepreneurship start-up kit from Nurture talent were provided to finalist in SP Jain College, Mumbai.
- Nirmal Sasidharan and Unnikrishnan Kodoor, second year students reached final of Daksh 2011 Social Business Plan competition final conducted by IIFM, Bhopal. Teams from JBIMS, IIFM, ISB Hyderabad, NITIE participated in final.
- Nirmal Sasidharan and R. Venkata Durga Prasad, second year students reached final of National Level ‘V-Guard Business Plan’ competition. IIM I, IIM K, IIM L, NIT Calicut, NIT Trichy etc were the other teams that reached finals. Got participation certificate for business plan competition and mentoring from V-Guard Manager Saravana Babu. Corporate business plan was conducted in which participants had to come up with detailed business plan for V-Guard to achieve a turnover of Rs 5000 Crores in 5 years from the present Rs 725 crore turnover.
- Nirmal Sasidharan and Unnikrishnan reached semi final round (Top 8 teams in Kerala) in Kerala Management Association BIZQUIZ- Business quiz competition 2011 for B-schools.