Achievements at Department of Mechanical Engineering, Bengaluru Campus
The Department of Mechanical Engineering inaugurated, “The shock wave and hypersonic Research laboratory” on 7th January 2016 at 12 noon in the esteemed presence of BrahmachariDhanraj Swami (Director, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Bangalore Campus), Dr.JagadeeshGopalan (Professor, Dept. of Aerospace Engineering, I.I.Sc. Bangalore), and Dr.K.P.J.Reddy (Professor, Dept. of Aerospace Engineering, I.I.Sc. Bangalore).
Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham (Amrita University) is the first private university to have hypersonic testing facility in India.
FACULTY ACHIEVEMENTS / PARTICIPATION / RECOGNITION
- Rajeevlochana G. Chittawadigi reviewed three papers for “International Conference on Robotics & Automation for Humanitarian Applications (RAHA2016)” held at Amrita School of Engineering, Amritapuriduring 18-20th Dec 2016.
- Rajeevlochana G. Chittawadigi reviewed a paper for “International Journal of Mechatronics and Manufacturing Sciences (IJMMS)”, published by Inderscience Publishers
- Mr. Rajeevlochana G. Chittawadigiwas invited to deliver a hands-on session on 'Robotics Education Using RoboAnalyzer' at TEQIP Sponsored National Workshop on Robotics and Control, National Institute of Technology Calicut (NITC), Kozhikode, on May 27, 2016.
- Dr. Veeresh Kumar G.B. delivered an invited talk on “Graphene reinforced composite materials” at an International conference on Advanced Materials and Technology (ICMAT-16) held during 26th -28th May 2016 at Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering, Mysuru, which was a TEQIP initiative too. He also chaired a technical session at the conference.
Dr. T Srinivas Rao reviewed a paper forSage Journal on Advances of Mechanical Engineering. He also reviewed 5 Papers for ICPEICES 2016 (International Conference on Power Electronics, Intelligent Control and Energy Systems)organized by Delhi Technological University
Dr. Debjyoti Sahu, reviewed 15 technical papers for "International Conference on Mechanical, Civil, Electronics and Communication and Computer Science Engineering" held on 23rd April 2016 organized by Bangalore Technological Institute, Kodathi, Off Bangalore-Sarjapur Road, Bangalore East Taluk, and Karnataka, India. He chaired two technical sessions in the conference.
Dr. Veeresh Kumar G B, reviewed 15 technical papers for "International Conference on Mechanical, Civil, Electronics and Communication and Computer Science Engineering" held on 23rd April 2016 organized by Bangalore Technological Institute, Kodathi, Off Bangalore-Sarjapur Road, Bangalore East Taluk, and Karnataka, India. He chairedtwo technical sessions in the conference. He also delivered a Key notelecture on “Research Methodology for Beginners”. He was invited for the same.
Dr. Rakesh S.G. and Dr. Nagaraja S. R., chaired a session each at ‘4th National Symposium on Shock Waves' (NSSW-4), held from 25th - 26th Feb 2016 at Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences, Coimbatore.
- Four projects titled, “Shock Wave Assisted Free and Shape Forming of Metallic Plates”, “Design and Fabrication of Vertical Axis Robot”, “Design and Fabrication of Pothole Road Repair Machine”and “Design and Development of Automatic Weighing and Packaging Machine”, under the guidance of Dr.Nagaraja S R, Mr. Prashanth B N, Mr. Pramod R & Mr. Prashanth B N were exhibited at IMTEX 2016 – International forming Technology Exhibition. It issouth and South-East Asia's apex exhibition showcasing the very latest trends in metal forming machine tools as well as technological reﬁnements from India & other global players. The mega event attracts visitors from a wide spectrum of manufacturing and ancillary industries starting with key decision and policy makers as well as industry captains who are keen to source latest technologies and manufacturing solutions for their production lines throughout the world. The mega show, also the apex event of IMTMA, laid out the very latest machine equipments, processes, tools, accessories, software and raw materials as well as feed stocks required to manufacture formed parts in every engineering application. It is of great honour to say that Department of Mechanical Engineering, Amrita School of Engineering, Bangalore has been selectedconsecutively third time, to represent and showcase their R&D capabilities at IMTEX by exhibiting their B.Tech projects. They provided free stalls to exhibit the projects.
Dr. Veeresh Kumar. G.B., reviewed a paper for the International Journal, Journal of Physics and Chemistry of Solids( Elsevier Journal- Science Direct ) It is a Scopus Indexed Journal with Impact factor 1.853
Mr. Rajeevlochana G. Chittawadigi was awarded IFToMM Young Delegate Program (YDP) grant of US$ 400 by the IFToMM committee to attend the conference and present the paper titled, “MechAnalyzer: 3D Model Based Mechanism Learning Software” at the 14th World Congress in Mechanisms and Machine Sciences (IFToMM World Congress 2015) at Taipei, Taiwan, during October 25-30, 2015.
Mr. Phanibhushana. M.V., successfully completed his comprehensive viva for his PhD work titled, “Evaluation and characterization of severe plastic deformed Al6061 and Heamatite reinforced composites” under Visvesvaraya Technological University on 18/09/2015.
Mr. Rajeevlochana G. Chittawadigi was invited to conduct a two day workshop to the Design Team of MTAB Engineers Private Limited at Chennai. The topic of the workshop was "Robot Kinematics and Development of Robot Simulation Software" during August 7-8, 2015.
Dr. S.r.Nagaraja, reviewed 5 papers for the conference " Advances in Robotics - 2nd International Conference of Robotics Society of India" held at BITS, Goa.
Rajeevlochana G. Chittawadigi guided two summer interns of NITK Surathkal between May 25 and June 30, 2015. The topic of the two internship projects were:
- "Analytical Formulation for Kinematic Analyses of Common Planar Mechanisms in MechAnalyzer Software" by Mr. Rohit Kumar, B.Tech Second Year Mechanical Engg.
- "Development of Velocity and Acceleration Diagrams (VAD) Module for Common Planar Mechanisms in MechAnalyzer software" by Mr. SachinVerma, B.Tech Second Year Mechanical Engg.
·Mr. Rajeevlochana Chittawadigi's video presentation on the topic "Virtual Robot Module: An Effective Visualization Tool for Robotics Toolbox" was showcased in a Workshop entitled "Robotics Research and Education for Undergraduates: Resources and Practices that Maximize Both" in the IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA2015) at Seattle, USA, held during May 26th -30th, 2015.The link to the workshop title is:- http://robotics.itee.uq.edu.au/dokuwiki/icra_robotics_research_education
The Institution of Engineers (india) has elected Dr. DebjyotiSahu as member on 13th May 2015.
Mr. Dileep BP, judged a national level paper presentation “Mechmanthana” Organized by Department of Mechanical Engineering, East Point College of Engineering and Technology on 7th May 2015.
Pramod R, Basavarajappa S, Davim J. "A Review On Investigations In Drilling Of Fiber Reinforced Plastics." Machinability of Fibre-Reinforced Plastics (2015): 179-194. De Gruyter Publications, Berlin. ISBN (Online): 9783110292251.
Rajeevlochana G. Chittawadigi reviewed papers for the "28th International Conference on CADCAM, Robotics and Factories of the Future 2016"
Dr. T. Srinivas Rao, reviewed one paper for 12th IEEE India International Conference, INDICON 2015, on Electronics, Energy, Environment, Communication, Computer, Control, (E3-C3) )IEEE INDICON 2015, held during 17 Dec - 19 Dec 2015at JamiaMilliaIslamia University, Maulana Mohammad Ali JauharMarg,JamiaNagar,NewDelhi,India.
Mr.Prashanth, exhibited an Academia Project on “Design and Development of Anti-Clogging and Drainage Inspection Robot” at Innovation Festival 2015 on 21st & 22nd February 2015, held at Visvesvaraya Industrial & Technological Museum (VITM), Bangalore.
Mr. DebjyotiSahu, Assistant Professor, delivered an Invited Talk entitled "Hydrogen Adsorption on MOF Composites: A Review" and he chaired the session for "Energy Technology"at “2nd International Conference on Nanotechnology (ICNT 2015) and Indo-USA joint Symposium on New Approaches to Energy Harvesting: Alternative to fossil fuel” held during February 19-22, 2015 at Haldia Institute of Technology, Haldia, PurbaMedinipur, West Bengal, INDIA.[Abstract]
Mr.Prashanth B.N & Mr.Pramod R exhibited an Academia Project on “Design and Fabrication of Magnetic Coolant Filter” at IMTEX 2015 - 17th Indian Metal-cutting Machine Tool Exhibition with International Participation from 22nd to 28th January 2015 at Bangalore International Exhibition Centre (BIEC),Bengaluru, India.
Mr.Ulhas K Annigeri represented Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetam, Bengaluru campus in the exhibition of projects at IMTEX 2015 at BIEC Bengaluru on 24th January 2015
Mr.Balasubramanya & Mr.Dileep B.P. along with student co-ordinators Karthikdeep and Giridharan.P attended IMTEX-2015 at BIEC, Bengaluru on 23rd January 2015
- Amrita TBI sanctioned Rs. 50,000 for innovation project FABRICATION OF A PORTABLE SOLAR REFRIGERATOR by R Abhinav (BLENU4MEE12507) and NanduRajeevan Nair (BLENU4MEE12505) fifth semester students under the supervision of Dr.DebjyotiSahu for the year2014-15.
- Mr. DebjyotiSahu, Assistant Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering, has successfully defended his Ph.D. thesis titled “Hydrogen Adsorption on selected Metal Organic Frameworks” at Centre of Energy, Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati on 3rd November 2014. A Provisional Degree Certificate has been issued to him by the Institute. The degree will be conferred on him at the next Convocation of the Institute to be held in May 2015.
- The project titled "Design and Development of Manual and Electrical Type Water Based Weed Remover" carried out by M. Sandeep Jayaram, M. Datta Sandesh and Kalasagar Reddi under the guidance of R. Pramod, Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering Department for TECHNOLOGY RELATED INNOVATIVE PROJECTS (TRIP – 2013 -14), VISION GROUP ON SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, Department of Information Technology, Biotechnology and Science & Technology, Government of Karnataka had received a grant of Rs. 30, 000, has been completed successfully and submitted to VGST and further it has been shortlisted as one of the Best Projects to be displayed in Vidhana Soudha on 18/06/2014 as a part of VGST sponsored project exhibition.
- Dr. Veeresh G. B., delivered a lecture on the topic "Advances in Metal Matrix Composites" on 9th May 2014 in a Four day VTU-VGST sponsored Faculty Development Program which was scheduled during 9th to 12th May 2014 organized by Department of Mechanical Engineering, Basavakalyan Engineering College, Basavakalyan, Bidar.
- Shashi Kumar M. E., Pramod R. received Best Paper Award for the paper titled , "Experimental Investigations on Mechanical and Insulation Properties of Nomex and High Silica Polymer Matrix Composite", held during 2nd and 3rd of May 2014 at International Conferences on Advances in Engineering and Technology, held at E. G. S. Pillay Engineering College, Nagapattinam, Tamilnadu, India.
- R. Pramod, attended the sixth edition of world’s largest social enterprise summit –SANKALP UNCONEVENTION SuMMIT-2014, Renaissance Hotel, Mumbai, 08/04/14-10/04/14 as an Entrepreneur Scholar.
B. Tech project on "Design and Development of Drainage Inspection and Anti-Clogging Robot" under the guidance of Mr. Prashanth B. N. sponsored by KSCST (Rs. 6500/-) during the year 2013-14 under 37th series Student Project Program (SPP) was evaluated successfully at Dr. Ambedkar Institute of Technology, Bangalore, on 10th May 2014.
B. Tech project on "Development of an Eco-friendly Pneumatic Engine for Reduced Fuel Consumption" under the guidance of Mr. Shashi Kumar M E, sponsored by KSCST (Rs. 6500/-) during the year 2013-14 under 37th series Student Project Program (SPP) was evaluated successfully at Dr. Ambedkar Institute of Technology, Bangalore, on 10th May 2014.
B. Tech project on "Design and Development of Automobile Driving Mechanism for Disabled Arm People" the guidance of Mr. Pramod R, sponsored by KSCST (Rs. 6500/-) during the year 2013-14 under 37th series Student Project Program (SPP) was evaluated successfully at Dr. Ambedkar Institute of Technology, Bangalore, on 10th May 2014.
- R. Pramod, chaired the session for Materials Track at the National Conference on Advances in Mechanical Engineering held at T John Institute of Technology, Bangalore on 25/04/14.
- R Pramod, Assistant Professor, reviewed the paper titled “Effects of Alkali Treatment on Structure, Morphology and Thermal characteristics of Novel Cellulosic Fiber from Coconut Leaf Sheath”.for the Journal Carbohydrate Polymers, Elsevier Publications with impact factor 3.4
- R Pramod, Assistant Professor, has been chosen among top 70 social innovators for the year 2013-14 by SANKALP FORUM and has been awarded as Entrepreneur Scholar and invited to attend the world’s largest social enterprise focused summit “Sankalp Unconvention Summit 2014” from 09-11th April 2014 at Hotel Renaissance, Mumbai.
- Karnataka State Council for Science and Technology [KSCST] has approved the projects Design and Development of Automobile Driving Mechanics for Disabled Arm People, Design and Development of Drainage Inspection and Anti-Clogging Robot and Development of an Eco-Friendly Pneumatic Engine for Reduced Fuel Consumption proposals for sponsorship under 37thSeries of Student Projects Programme (SPP): 2013-2014.Mr. Pramod.R, Mr. Prashanth B N and Mr. Shashi Kumar M E, faculty members of Mechanical engineering department will guide the project.
- Mr.Ravi Kumar V, Mr. Shashi Kumar M E ,Mr. Mohan Kumar S ,Mr. Akhil J, faculty members of Mechanical engineering department participated in the exhibition of academia project on "Waste Segregation System using Automated Garbage Bin" at IMTEX 2014 - 16th Indian Metal-cutting Machine Tool Exhibition with International Participation from 23rd to 28th January 2014 at Bangalore International Exhibition Centre (BIEC) in Bangalore, India.
- Prashanth B N attended TEQIP sponsored four day workshop on “Recent Trends in Design and Precision Engineering” from 9th to 12th December 2013, held at National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal in association with Central Manufacturing Technology Institute,Bangalore.
- Phanibhushana M.V, SrinivasraoTatavarthy, Ravi kumar V, MrudulaPrashanth, RaghavendraRavi Kiran UlhasAnnigeriK, Prashanth B.N, Shashikumar M.E, Dileep B.P, Mohan Kumar S, PrakashMarimuthu, PrajnaDeepthi, Balasubramanya H.S , MagarajanUdayakumarShankara K.S, Shali.S, attended Two-week ISTE Workshop on “Engineering Mechanics”, from 26th November to 6th December 2013, under the National Mission on Education through ICT, MHRD (Govt. of India), held at Amrita School of Engineering, Bangalore.
- Pramod.R, Shashikumar,M.E., Mohan Kumar.S , Balasubramanaiah.H.S. attended a training programme on MSC Patran and MSC Nastran held at Amrita School of Engineering ,Ettimadai from 9/12/2013 to 11/12/ 2013.
- Pramod.R, Raghavendra RaviKiran, Prakash Marimuthu attended a training programme on MSC Adams, held at Amrita School of engineering, Ettimadai, from 11/12/2013 to 13/12/2013.
- Mrs.Mrudula Prashanth secured I Rank in M.Tech, Manufacturing Science and Engineering,from M.S.Ramaiah Institute of Technology, an autonomous institute affiliated to Visweswaraya Technological University, Belgaum and received a gold medal on 25/oct/2013.
- As a part of the SELF (Spoken Tutorial based Education and Learning through Free FOSS study) which is an initiative of the ‘Talk to a Teacher’ activity of the National Mission on Education through Information and Communication Technology (ICT), launched by the Ministry of Human Resources and Development, Government of India, a third workshop was conducted on ‘BLENDER’ on 04/10/2013& 10.30 AM at Embedded Systems Lab from 01.30 PM to 04.00 PM , which was organized by R Pramod, Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering Department and co-ordinated by Prashanth B N, Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering Department. The participants were VII Semester Mechanical Engineering students.
- As a part of the SELF (Spoken Tutorial based Education and Learning through Free FOSS study) which is an initiative of the ‘Talk to a Teacher’ activity of the National Mission on Education through Information and Communication Technology (ICT), launched by the Ministry of Human Resources and Development, Government of India, a second workshop was conducted on ‘SCILAB’ on 28/08/2013 at Embedded Systems Lab from 01.30 PM to 04.00 PM , which was organized by R Pramod, Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering Department. The participants were M.Tech students, V Semester Mechanical Engineering.
- As a part of the SELF (Spoken Tutorial based Education and Learning through Free FOSS study) which is an initiative of the ‘Talk to a Teacher’ activity of the National Mission on Education through Information and Communication Technology (ICT), launched by the Ministry of Human Resources and Development, Government of India, a second workshop was conducted on ‘SCILAB’ on 20/09/2013 at Embedded Systems Lab from 01.15 PM to 04.00 PM , which was organized by R Pramod, Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering Department. The participants were M.Tech students, Research Scholars and Faculty members.
- A hands on workshop on Multiphysics Simulation using COMSOL 4.03b, was organized by INGENIUM in co-ordination with COMSOL INDIA on 02/08/2013 at Krishna Hall. 114 Students along with some faculty members attended the workshop
- A video presentation was arranged by INGENIUM at E-Learning Hall on 02/08/2013 for S7ME students on “Understanding Car Crashes- Its Basic Physics and when physics meets Biology.”
- A technical fun game, TECH TAMBOLA was organized by INGENIUM for students of all departments on 27/08/2013 and 28 teams participated in the event.
- An orientation program was organized by INGENIUM for the S5 and S7 ME students on 26/08/2013 regarding IIT Bombay's Industry recognized globally acclaimed 'Blended Piping Engineering Certification Course'. Prof.Ramakrishnan and IITB Alumni team addressed the students on this program.
- A video presentation was organized by INGENIUM at Amriteshwari Hall on 26/08/2013 for S5 and S7 ME students, on working and assembly of “Caterpillars Mega Dump Truck”.
- A technical talk was arranged by SAEINDIA Collegiate club on "TAKING THE SUSPENSE OUT OF THE SUSPENSION SYSTEM OF AN AUTOMOBILE" by Mr. Anoop B S (Management Committee member SAE INDIA BENGALURU SECTION and SAE BAJA inspector and a judge for the BAJA & SUPRA events) on 7-03-13 at 2:00 P.M at Krishna Hall.
- The technical talk was arranged by SAEINDIA Collegiate club on Innovation for Emerging Markets by Mr.Sudhakar Shenoy, Ex-Vice president of John Deere was transmitted through E-learning from Ettimadai Campus on 15th February 2013.
- Mr. Vinod Kotebavi (Fac Adv) attended SAEINDIA collegiate club faculty advisors meeting held at MVJ College of Engineering on 19/01/13.
STUDENT ACHIEVEMENTS / PARTICIPATION / RECOGNITION
A Report on Auto Quiz Final Round - SAEINDIA Collegiate club ASE Bangalore in collaboration with Quiz club has conducted Auto quiz final round on 29th Jan 2016. The first round was held in the month of october-2015. The main motto of the Auto Quiz was to bring all the automobile enthusiasts together and test their skills. 20 teams, with 3 participants each, participated in the first round, out of which 8 teams were selected for the final round. The questions of the final round were 30% technical and 70% general. Students participated in the quiz with great interest and had great fun. Finally team 'Autowala' won the quiz.
The Forum for Mechanical Engineers, “Ingenium” organised a visit to IMTEX ’16 for third year students on 23 January 2016. The exhibitors were from 30 countries and from over 500 brands. A total of 69 studentsof 6thSem Mechanical Engineering registered for the event. The students were accompanied by faculty members Mr.PhanibhushanaM.V, Dr.Veeresh Kumar. G.B,Mr. Ravikumar.V, & Mr. Mohan Kumar. S, also participated in the event.
“Screw Your Brain with Ingenum-III” - The event was organized and conducted by Ingenium forum on 28th Jan 2016. It was a continuation of the event conducted on 21/01/16.52 students from 2S ME attended the event.
The procedure of conducting the event was similar to earlier mentioned events. Working of Air Bagswas explained in a detailed way. In the second part, students were given a brain teaser question. Then a brain teaser question was posed and students were asked to find the answers before next session. Participants showed their enthusiasm by attending the event in large numbers consistently.
“Screw Your Brain with Ingenum-II” - The event was organized and conducted by Ingenium forum on 21stJan 2016. It was a continuation of the event conducted on 18/01/16. 53 students from 2S ME attended the event.
Students came up with the answers posed at previous episode. First part of the event was exploring a basic machine and explain about the mechanism. Working of Hand Grenades were explained in a detailed way. In the second part, students were given a crazy logical question with miscellaneous answers and voting for answers were called. Then a brain teaser question was posed and students were asked to find the answers before next session. Participants enjoyed this technical event too.
“Screw Your Brain with Ingenum-I” - The event was organized and conducted by Ingenium forum members on 18th Jan 2016 under the able guidance of Mr. V. Ravi Kumar, Mentor, Ingenium Forum. The main theme of the event was to instill awareness about the basic mechanisms that were involved in the basic machines which is utilized in day to day life.67 students from 2S ME attended the event.
Students were briefed about the event and the introduction was held in a very interactive manner. First part of the event was exploring a basic machine and explanation about the mechanism. Working of toilet flushers were explained in a detailed way.Another,a myth buster question was about Archer’s Paradox. Then a brain teaser question was posed and students were asked to find the answers before next session.Participants enjoyed the event and were impressed with the technical event on machines.
- World Didactic India Expo is an annual Expo held in different parts of India, this time it was organised at BIEC, Bengaluru. Festo, a leading manufacturer of pneumatic components and sponsors for World Skills Competition, had organized a Mechatronic Competition based on the World Skills Format from 9-11 September 2015.
7S Mechanical, B Tech students AbhijeetParida and Bharathwaj R accompanied by faculty member Mr.Prashanth.B.N , Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering,represented Amrita School of Engineering, Bengaluru in the event.
The event was conducted for 3 days, where the students were required to disassemble a pneumatic material handling workstation reassemble it and program it according to the given direction using a Siemens PLC. The team bagged the first place in the Bengaluru level contest. They were felicitated by Mr Volker Schmidt, Director-Asia Pacific of Festo Germany.
INDUSTRIAL VISIT TO TOYOTA KIRLOSKAR AUTO PARTS PVT LTD on 12 April 201520 S6 Mechanical Engineering students accompanied by Mr.Balasubramanya, Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering visited the premises of Toyota KirloskarAuto Parts Pvt Ltd at Bidadi Industrial Estate, Bangalore. The students were given a guided tour of the Transmission Assembly line. The students were first briefed about the company, its products and how the entire infrastructure of the plant is spread-out. A guide was allotted, who explained the steps involved in the assembly of both R-type transmission of the Toyota Hilux which is of 100% export quality and which consumes less power but provides a higher speed and S-type transmission of the Toyota Etios and EtiosLiva assembled at the Toyota Kirloskar Motors, Bangalore. Also a walkthrough of the basic training activities of the company was given to the students. The trip bolstered the understanding of the students in the field of vehicle design and manufacturing processes involved in the same. Also it gave an insight how shop floors are designed to give Maximum production in least time.
- Ajay Prakash VG of S8 Mechanical Engineering participated in Block and Tackle Event and won a First Prize in the competition CIPOFEST-15, which was held at Central Institute of Plastics Engineering and Technology, Guindy, Chennai-32., on 18.03.2015.
- Vishnu Prasad.S and Sravan.P of 4S participated at "7th JagrutiProgramme" from 23rd-25th January 2015 at BIEC, Bengaluru
- Pavan K, 3rd semester, M Tech(TSES), presented a paper titled, “ Three dimensional CFD Analysis of a gas turbine exhaust system”, at International Conference on Mechanical Engineering ICME2014, Bangalore India, held at Vijaya Vittal Institute of Technology, Bengaluru during 21st to 23rd August 2014.The paper is published in Elsevier Publication.
- Pavan K. Gowda, II sem M-tech- TS&ES presented a paper on “
CFD ANALYSIS OF 3D GAS TURBINE TURBINE EXHAUST SYSTEM” at a National conference on Advances in Mechanical Engineering held at T John Institute of Technology, Bangalore on 25/04/14.
- G. Gopala Krishnan, S. Senthil Kumar, A. Ganesh,II Sem MTech- TS&ES presented a paper on “Design Optimization of Lifting Fuselage AIRCRAFT IRKUT DOLPHIN” at a National conference on Advances in Mechanical Engineering held at T John Institute of Technology, Bangalore on 25/04/14
- Nitish G. Manikeri, Samprathy Manish, Sreekanth K. M., II Sem MTech- TS&ES presented a paper on “DESIGN AND ANALYSIS OF SOLAR OPERATED PESTICIDE SPRAYER” at a National conference on Advances in Mechanical Engineering held at T John Institute of Technology, Bangalore on 25/04/14
- Shashi Kumar M. E., Nadeem M., C. sai kamesh, received “Best Paper Award” for the paper titled “Design of an Eco-friendly Pneumatic Engine for Reduced Fuel Consumption Approach” held on 25th April 2014 at T.John Institute of Technology, Bangalore
- Jayanth P. V., Ashwin R. Sivaraman R., Pramod R., received “Best Paper Award” for the paper title “Design and Fabrication of Amphicraft” held on 25th April 2014 at T.John Institute of Technology, Bangalore
- Debanshu Basu & Samta Phulli of 8th semester, Mechanical Engineering,B-Tech., presented a paper titled “Performance analysis of VCR SI Engine using petrol alcohol blends”, under the guidance of Mr.Vinod Kotebavi, Assistant professor, Mechanical Dept., School of Engineering, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Bengaluru campus, Bengaluru, at an IEEE International conference , PESTSE(Power and Energy Systems: Towards Sustainable Energy) 2014 held at Amrita School of Engineering, Bengaluru during 13th – 15th March 2014.
- Karnataka State Council for Science and Technology [KSCST] has approved the projects Design and Development of Automobile Driving Mechanics for Disabled Arm People, Design and Development of Drainage Inspection and Anti-Clogging Robot and Development of an Eco-Friendly Pneumatic Engine for Reduced Fuel Consumption proposals for sponsorship under 37thSeries of Student Projects Programme (SPP): 2013-2014.
- Mechanical Engineering Forum Ingenium had organized a technical seminar on ‘Emerging Trends in PLM’ by Bhanuprakash Dixit B N, Centre Manager – Learning Solutions, EDS Technologies Pvt Ltd, Bangalore on 13/01/14 from 10.30 PM to 11.30 PM. Around 125 students of S4 and S6 ME attended the seminar.
- Mechanical Engineering Forum Ingenium had organized an industrial exhibition visit to International Machine Tools Exhibition [IMTEX-2014]. 182 students accompanied by Mr. Srikanth R, Senior Lab Assistant, visited the exhibition.
- On 31/08/2013 a visit to Visvesvaraya Industrial and Technological Museum was organized by INGENIUM. 40 students visited and they were accompanied by the faculty members, Mr. H S Balasubramanya and Mr J Akhil.
- Students of VII Sem Mechanical Engineering, participated in Baja SAEINDIA 2014 virtual which was held at Sri Venkateshwara College of Engg, Bangalore on 26th July 2013 along with Mr. Vinod Kotebavi, faculty advisor of the SAEINDIA Collegiate club. Students presented virtual design of an all terrain vehicle.