‘Medicinal Chemistry III – Practical’ is a course offered in the sixth semester of B. Pharm program at School of Pharmacy, Health Sciences campus, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham.
Course Duration: 4 Hours/Week
I Preparation of drugs and intermediates
- 7-Hydroxy, 4-methyl coumarin
- Triphenyl imidazole
II Assay of drugs
- Isonicotinic acid hydrazide
- Chlorpheniramine maleate
- Benzyl penicillin
III Preparation of medicinally important compounds or intermediates by Microwave irradiation technique
IV Drawing structures and reactions using chem draw®
V Determination of physicochemical properties such as logP, clogP, MR, Molecular weight, Hydrogen bond donors and acceptors for class of drugs course content using drug design software Drug likeli- ness screening (Lipinskies RO5)
Recommended Books (Latest Editions)
- Wilson and Giswold’s Organic medicinal and Pharmaceutical Chemistry.
- Foye’s Principles of Medicinal Chemistry.
- Burger’s Medicinal Chemistry, Vol I to IV.
- Introduction to principles of drug design- Smith and Williams.
- Remington’s Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- Martindale’s extra pharmacopoeia.
- Organic Chemistry by I.L. Finar, Vol. II.
- The Organic Chemistry of Drug Synthesis by Lednicer, Vol. 1-5.
- Indian Pharmacopoeia.
- Text book of practical organic chemistry- A.I.Vogel.