'Medicinal Chemistry - Practical' is a course offered in the third year of Pharm. D. program at School of Pharmacy, Health Sciences campus, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham.
Course Duration: 3 Hrs./Week
- Assays of important drugs from the course content.
- Preparation of medicinally important compounds or intermediates required for synthesis of drugs.
- Monograph analysis of important drugs.
- Determination of partition coefficients, dissociation constants and molar refractivity of compounds for QSAR analysis.
- Wilson and Gisvold’s Text book of Organic, Medicinal and Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Lippin- cott-Raven Publishers-New York, Philadelphia.
- William.O.Foye, Principles of Medicinal Chemistry, B.I. Waverly Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi.
- Burgers, Medicinal Chemistry, M.E.,Welly Med.Chemistry M.E. Walffed Johnwilley and Sons, Wi- ley-interscience Publication, New York, Toranto.
- A Text Book of Medicinal Chemistry Vol. I and II by Surendra N. Pandeya, S.G. Publisher, 6, Dildayal Nagar, Varanasi -10.
- Indian Pharmacopoeia 1985 and 1996. The Controller of Publications, Civil Lines, Delhi - 54.
- Current Index of Medical Specialities (CIMS) and MIMS India, MIMS, A.E. Morgan Publications (I) Pvt. Ltd, New Delhi-19.
- Organic Drug Synthesis-Ledniser Mitzsher Vol. I and II.
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry drug Synthesis Vol. I and II by H. J. Roth and A. Kleemann.
- The Science and Practice of Pharmacy Vol. 1 and 2, Remington, MACK Publishing Company, Easton, Pennsylvania.