Course Duration: 2 Hrs./Week
Scope: (4-6 lines)
This course exposes the student to several important legislations re- lated to the profession of pharmacy in India. The Drugs and Cosmetics Act, along with its amendments are the core of this course. Other acts, which are covered, include the Pharmacy Act, dangerous drugs, medicinal and toilet preparation Act etc. Besides this the new drug policy, professional ethics, DPCO, patent and design Act will be discussed.
Upon completion of the subject student shall be able to (Know, do, and appreciate) –
- Practice the Professional ethics;
- Understand the various concepts of the pharmaceutical legislation in India;
- Know the various parameters in the Drug and Cosmetic Act and rules;
- Know the Drug policy, DPCO, Patent and design act;
- Understand the labeling requirements and packaging guidelines for drugs and cosmetics;
- Be able to understand the concepts of Dangerous Drugs Act, Pharmacy Act and Excise duties Act; and
- Other laws as prescribed by the Pharmacy Council of India from time to time including Interna- tional Laws.