Course Duration: 3 Hrs./Week
This course is designed to impart a very good knowledge about
- IUPAC/Common system of nomenclature of simple organic compounds belonging to different classes of organic compounds;
- Some important physical properties of organic compounds;
- Free radical/ nucleophyllic [alkyl/ acyl/ aryl] /electrophyllic substitution, free radical/ nucleop- hyllic / electrophyllic addition, elimination, oxidation and reduction reactions with mechanism, orientation of the reaction, order of reactivity, stability of compounds;
- Some named organic reactions with mechanisms; and
- Methods of preparation, test for purity, principle involved in the assay, important medicinal uses of some important organic compounds.